It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:25 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Dracolitche
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:20 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Dracolitche needs to be fixed, It heals every time it gets below 1/4 Hp. That is not even fun.. I can kill anything but when it comes to dracolitche every damage i do is healed. Also no its not how its suppose to be. Its suppose to heal some.... not every damage i do...

Post subject: Re: Dracolitche
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

actually, yeah it's intentional. :)
You have to be able to deal a certain amount of damage in a certain time period to be able to kill him.
Same goes for a lot of the high end monsters.
This prevents people from slowly poisoning them to death without risk, or other such trickery.
Dracoliche is soloable, but it's not easy, and will take much longer than if you have a friend, due to the healing functionality

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:23 am 
that doesnt need to be sorted, its the loot that does.
me and aimee killed that and the skel king and got 1k and a few gems
atleast a wep or bit more cash or something

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:07 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
umm why is it so hard tho? bob?
like poison wont hit 40-50 every 20 secs (for us who dont have dedicated pvm characters) basically eliminating them from our runs :/
amp the healing down a bit,, so it cant be done with poison or w,e... not so people have a way more hard time with it.. specially when the loot sucks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 pm 
Game Admin

Quote:
umm why is it so hard tho? bob?
like poison wont hit 40-50 every 20 secs (for us who dont have dedicated pvm characters) basically eliminating them from our runs :/
amp the healing down a bit,, so it cant be done with poison or w,e... not so people have a way more hard time with it.. specially when the loot sucks
It's honestly not that difficult and considering it's one of the boss's in deceit - it should be a little hard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:28 pm 

That thing is easy to kill. The loot is rubbish though

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:21 pm 

ya i ment kill to loot ratio isnt correct as stands,,

adding more difficult boss abilitys later is anther thing..
but a boss heal ability now without the loot corrected for it is not fair IMO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:24 am 
Site Admin

Actually, if anything he drops too much loot given how easy he is to kill.
Either that or i need to up the threshhold for vanquishing weapons, beacuse he is without a doubt the easiest boss(boss level 2) that can drop them without going shadow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:37 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

:shock:

I didn't realize the bar for vanqs was set that high.......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:45 am 
Site Admin

that smiley was priceless.
I've hinted at it in a few threads, but the requirements for vanquishing weapons, currently, are two things:
1. The npc must be classified as a boss level monster
2. The difficulty value of the npc must be at least 5, and must have a spendable loot value of at least difficulty 5 after death.

When an npc dies, a lot of things can affect it's difficulty, plus the random modifier(50%-150%).
So while a difficulty 3 monster may hit high modifiers, it will not be able to drop difficulty 4 wepaons, but might drop two difficulty 3 ones.

Because of this system, there are a few boss classification monsters currently, that only rank difficulty 3-4 (boss tier 1). Those bosses cannot drop vanquishings unless they go shadow, and that shadow puts them at difficulty 5 or higher(usually does).

Anyway, when the boss patch goes in, every dungeon should have bosses, each boss will have their own special loot as well as normal loot, and there is probably going to be 1 boss per level, give or take. The strength of the boss will reflect how deep in the dungeon it is.
Example: Dracolich is a level 2 boss on level 2, arch magus and daemon summoner are both bottom level bosses and so are going to be harder(final plans put magus at level 3 or 5 and daemon summoner at either 4 or 6, depending on what abilities i decide to go with. still designing boss level casting AI)

Disclaimer: When i use the terms difficulty and boss level/tier, they are not the same.
Difficulty != Boss Tier/Level. They're two different systems of measuring difficulty.
In Example: The only Tier 11 boss that exists(for now) in the game is probably difficulty 20(wyrms are difficulty 5-6) or so. I haven't actually spawned him recently to check.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:44 pm 

ya um i would guess when like 5 king goo goos goble each other they turn into the big swamp monster, i forget what the sprite is usually called but w,e,,, its huge and has been used (controlled by GMs) in previous quests,,,, if it ever spawns,,, it wont be killed.... it just wont....

and are king goo goos qualified as boss monsters? tf would we kill a king goo goo for, when a king goo goo can take down 3 dracoliches, yet the king goo goo wont drop vanq?.. but thats if its not classed as a boss monster....

but ya,, i think these are to damn harsh bob, you added puzzles... you are bout to add abilitys,,, u lower drop rates for vanqs... bosses can only drop vanqs.... (some if they only go shadow) ,,, damn what next? PvM mages cant use wrestling if they want a chance for a wep drop? geeeze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:34 pm 

Plague Daemon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:40 pm 

hahah ya! that things leet!

also i love ur avatar koldoon... isnt that off that old tv show? gargoyals?
LMAO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 am 

No, it is Chernabog from the classical Modest Mussorgsky piece "Night on Bald Mountain" (proper name "Night on Bare Mountain") part of Fantasia.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:26 am 

Do people forget that Obsidian is not a brand new game? BB and Cybervic set the system the way it was for a reason. Oh wait! Maybe it is a whole new game, but in that case, it's not nearly as good.

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next