It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:23 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: necro casting delay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:37 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
1)why?

2) wtf is the point of a necro without the instant cast then cooldown delay?

3) why does it cost 60 mana to cast web?

4)why is web even existant? if you can just use paraylize with less timer, AND less mana AND it freezes them for more time? thats a pointless ass spell now LOL

5) why are all the necro spells kinda useless now? you have made the necro spells HIGHLY ineffective, theres no real point to having any of the spells now...
because they all have magery counterparts that do better damage better casting times with less mana consumption,,, whats the point of even being a necro?

6) why does light take so long to cast?

7) why do all the necro spells say the magery spells there linked to? instead of the necromancy words?

8) why does every spell take so much freakin mana now?

ps some of the questions are a bit repetitive now lol

Post subject: Re: necro casting delay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
1)why?
Because.
Quote:
The only thing that's changed is the effect moved from before the delay to after the delay. most delays were shortened a bit to compensate
Quote:
Web has a base cost of 20.
Quote:
4)why is web even existant? if you can just use paraylize with less timer, AND less mana AND it freezes them for more time? thats a pointless ass spell now LOL
Because paralyze can't hit a wide field or be placed as cheaply.
Quote:
5) why are all the necro spells kinda useless now? you have made the necro spells HIGHLY ineffective, theres no real point to having any of the spells now...
because they all have magery counterparts that do better damage better casting times with less mana consumption,,, whats the point of even being a necro?
You can think what you think, but i wouldn't leave something in if it was inferior in every way. It has it's perks.
Quote:
Because it's a relatively powerful spell when used right
Quote:
7) why do all the necro spells say the magery spells there linked to? instead of the necromancy words?
They don't, just because they use runes of power doesn't mean they're the same runes as other spells.
Quote:
It doesn't, there was a bug for 2 minutes where every spell thought it was fire whip while i was integrating the ne method.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:03 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
1)why?
Because.
oh, ok...

Quote:
Quote:
The only thing that's changed is the effect moved from before the delay to after the delay. most delays were shortened a bit to compensate
never answered the question,,, wtf is the point of necro without instant cast then cool down delay?
i beilieve you even said that was the whole point to necro.....
and why was it even changed?
Quote:
Quote:
Web has a base cost of 20.
oh well maybe that bug you mentioned later in your post is the reason i was being charged 60 mana each cast
Quote:
Quote:
Because paralyze can't hit a wide field or be placed as cheaply.
but it isnt even guarenteed to hit... honestly, as a necro your going to be trapping more then one person at a time?
"oh ima trap these 2 warriors and e wall them...!,,,"
the only instance you would need to do that is if your running from 2 pkers... and whats the chances of them running that close? and it hitting both of them?
Quote:
Quote:
You can think what you think, but i wouldn't leave something in if it was inferior in every way. It has it's perks.
but how will those few perks compensate for the whole class of necros?
and how do those few perks honestly justify 100 skill points AND not being able to cast magery effectively...
Quote:
Quote:
Because it's a relatively powerful spell when used right
but its a low level spell... holy crap 0.1 necro to cast and it takes that long to cast?
and the timer for that HAD to be increased... because i was able to cast back to back lights. now i run the same macro and the macros casting the 2nd light b4 the first light even is casted...
Quote:
Quote:
They don't, just because they use runes of power doesn't mean they're the same runes as other spells.
but there different spells,,,
eg.
an ex por...
ummm rough translation
remove stanima? or movement or soemthing right?
ok yes thats what webs do,, but wtf does that actually have to do with webs?
can we just change them back? its just annoying, i know its probably ment to do that to confuse who ever the target is to what the actual spell is but,,, id rather it instant
Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't, there was a bug for 2 minutes where every spell thought it was fire whip while i was integrating the ne method.
okies

PS. you can now fizzle necromancy spells LOL!
:roll:
please just change it back, this is ULLTRA wack, i hope i didnt waste all these training hours for this bull shiz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:25 pm 

yeh really wtf is that?!?!?
necro spells cooldown?!?
necros supposed to be killers because of their spells that has no cooldown.
actually it was balanced when they were getting more extra dmgs so physical attack will hit them good.
and also they FIZZLE 50% magery and got deprived of alot of shit.

i really dont know why should necros get in deep like that.
now necro dies fast and cant kill, Bravo.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:22 pm 

Ya, this just ruined the whole system of necros. It should be changed back to the way it was or let us gm magery and no fizzles. Cause atm necros is exactly like mage ubset less spells and more mana cost.

P.S. Why does my guy keep saying Hic every spell casted on me..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:43 pm 

ya im playing with this new system, and its just not working bre,,,

you didnt compensate enough though, because ALL the tactics necros have EVER used cant be applied anymore,, you just changed necro to.. extended magery....
no tactics difference between using mages and necros then...

all the spells and stuff were designed to be used with the no delay system,,

if there is compensation it has to be more,
because the main USES of certain spells were just changed.....

this is like 1 thing, im just going to protest and protest, because this is wrong,, balance wise and like obsidian memories wise... the whole feel of a class was just decimated ...
it doesnt even feel like playing the same character

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:14 pm 

actually yes, necros spells are just like magery now beside they take so much mana to cast.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

You all make me laugh.
Not an insult, just how vehemently you fight any change without giving it a chance.

Your old timers are back, for no other reason than i don't have the patience right now to listen to the main 3 voices on the forums combined bitching at me for 2 weeks until they give the change a chance.

Except light and web, those timers are staying.
If you all want to macro up a skill from safety, by all means do it, but it will take you a long time. :)
Necromancers can hunt from the starting 10.0 skill.

Necromancy will get another adjustment in a few months. By then hopefully you three will have figured out at least part of the system and understand it's balance, so its not another uphill fight.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:55 pm 

Im glad you get a good laugh about it bob. Most of us dont and to bad that this kinda crap is what is runing the old timers off. Say what you will but at times you can be a bit hard headed about things. The delays are to much and then i have been geting queued spell was changed then cant cast not sure what thats about.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

I've said it before and i'll say it again.
It's not my job to make "old timers" happy. Everyone gets 1 vote, so just because something's been one way for a long time doesn't make it any more immune to change if it needs it.
It's my job to make the shard meet 3 criteria, and in this order:

1. Makes broadband happy and fits his vision for the shard
2. Is balanced such that there is not one perfect combination/skill that creates a monoculture
3. Makes players mostly happy

And as i said earlier, the adjustments to cooldown are staying, just now the cooldown is back to after spellcast, not before.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:29 am 

Ok i like how the delay is after the spell. Only thing i dont like is that if you dont have enough mana it takes every last drop of mana u had instead of just saying you dont have enough mana and that your spell is resistable and fizzles.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]