It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:31 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: We 'Performanized'!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
IF YOU GET THE ERROR MESSAGE TELLING YOU YOUR ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED....LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN FOR A 'SERVER FULL MESSAGE'! Most likely your trying to log in when it's full. The bar above will give you an idea of how close to capacity we are.

Last night I did some hardcore tuning to the main Obsidian server. I had another processor laying around that I decided to use for the time being and because of it Obsidian is now running 15% faster then before.

The server has also been full to capacity at 100 players all day long! We are running a poll in the general discussion forums to get an idea of how well the server is performing and it seems as if the lag issues are gone. Thanks to an old process and router I've managed to fully stabilize and 'performanize' the server and it should run smoothly at full capacity from now on.

While things are running smoothly we will be unable to raise the player limit on the server until we get those upgrades we need. I know many of you are experience "server is full" errors and with the help of the donators we are working on addressing this.

Finally people are being very gracious and looking at the server status page right now 7% of the players have donated. Lets see if we can get that up to 10% guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:01 pm 
awesome! keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:10 pm 
Neat! I have to get off my lazy ass and donate, cause I love this shard so much.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]