It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:09 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: PVP Observations
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:01 am 

Hello everyone,

I wanted to bring up some information on the current pvp status on warriors/ tanks/ mages.

As most of you know thier are still a lot of balancing that is needed for these classes so we cant honestly say that things are not at its top finest moments. I wanted to give some topic on the matter considering that we started from one side of the tilt spectrum and ended up on the other side. Back in the day it was said that the mages were to overpowered and warriors didnt stand a chance.... Im not to sure on how true that statement is but im going to give you examples on why things were closer to balanced then than they are now.
Mages= Back in the day a mage can stand toe to toe inside of a wall with a warrior because== reactive armor, Summoning spell, constant casting, healing ablilities, psing.
The thing that most people didnt realized was that the people complaining back in the day were characters that were not gmed in thier skills, they were characters that probably didnt use the warrior ats its best ability hence the use of correct skills .
Im sure you are all well aware that a warrior is bout statistcally 50 percnet easier to use than a mage is. remembering how to click a psn pot , heal pot , and clickin a bandageself button << this currently added.. not back in the day makes the warrior so much easier to use. Yet a mage who is a good pvp mage not a dumb person will probably have about 40 macros and clicking with pots and fish etc. Now we decided to give a warrior a snow ball as a frost elf and a ice wall so that a mage really cant stand a chance of not being in a wall???? Honestly guys ??? If we think hard on this ... thats like ... defeating the purpose on a mage making sure he doesnt get into a wall situation. Maybe a couple changes in that department would be best but regardless back in the day a mage shouldnt have been able to get in a wall and fight. that part i agree but now making it almost impossible to not?? thats over powering the warrior.Like i said we are on the other side of the spectrum. Tanks vs a mage going frost has the same ablilities. even more so depending on the build. Tank vs a warrior is almost even yet... we made the mistakes of limiting the armor on both thier parts
i think the adjustment of higher armor should be better but how it is now is not a big deal.. like i said its depending on the build and your skills. The tank can master most anything. Thats why the tank is one of the hardest to make along with the mage. Yet a warrior is highly simple to get up and running. I never understood how a build that is so much harder to make can be weaker than a build that is so much easier to make. and more a build that is even harder than the harder one to make. The point is this... we made a wrong turn guys.. we gave abilities to a class that one is the easiest to build .. two doesnt require gming to kill a gm of another calss and three noobs complain about the build cuz they cant pvp. Think about it . If warriors wanted to be a better player vs a mage ya we couldve tweaked the hit ratio like it is now.. but to give them paralyze abilities ?? walling abilities??? to make it almost a small chance of not getting out of it a situation?? no i dont agree with tthat fellas... not to mention a good warrior would have some sort of stealth and hiding to keep from getting casted uppon. Its all about how you use the build. and im telling you that you can hide as a mage form a warrior but he still targets you and hits you but you hid a warrior from a mage and he cant cast upon you??? guys im trying to be fair and i know you guys must agree... the tilt is way on the warrior side.. and the tweakign that needed to be performed was minor... now its needed drastic changes if we want to have warriors with the ability to paralyze with snow ball and such
. and frozen wall raceskill with a single touch of a button. In conclusion ill make it simple ... keep the bandageself macro for warriors cuz that was progress... keep the damage ratio.. cuz thats progress.. lose the frost elf abilites for warriors. both walls and snowball..and bam.. we got ourselves a much more balanced pvp system... I dont want to hear about oh ya but... not ... no complaining cuz im being fair.. and knowing that i pvp with all styels tank/ mage/ warrior... i know what im talking about so please respect that and dont troll this suggestions you nasty trolls...

Post subject: Re: PVP Observations
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 am 

Not to sound like a dick but i completely disagree. I do fine on any and all of my chars. And its not just warriors who have snowballs and walls, its ice elves. My mage can do it...
And the whole point of this system is to make it so everything is on an equal point. Any character can kill any other character if they are good.
I've killed plenty of GM warriors with my mage who is 2x GM (magery and eval)
I really do think we are damn close to a balanced system.

And honestly you've been back like a week? Get out there and PvP some more :D

and P.S. Mages were totally overpowered back in t3a, they just had to sit there and cast, now you actually have to try and avoid close range combat, because your like... a mage...not a warrior..

p.p.s. If you havnt read all the updates and such, i will make this clear for you. Bob is very stubborn about his changes, he will NOT change race skills because somebody doesnt like them. If you want something changed you will always have to propose a way to balance it again. Things dont just get added or taken away, if something is lost something must be gained and vice versa

So if your proposing change you will need quite a bit of info and then suggestions on what to do instead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 pm 

Ok I understand what your saying. But lets make this perfectly clear. You can either like the change or not like the change. REgardless if Bob doesnt want to change them then whatever.. Life goes on. Yet i want to highly enforce.. That if your goign to make a warrior char.. The gains and the ways means of making the char you want should be then equal.. Not harder for one form of class than the next.. And way less expensive. Or do you want to be a dick and disagree that a mage is harder to make than a warrior?? I thnk not.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:18 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
No but a mage goes out with equiment thats worth nothing next to what a warrior has to bring. And no mages were overpowered in t3A and I do agree with venom, it is closer to balance than ever before. I still see the mages pwning most warriors, you on the other hand have only been back for a small period of time, just get use to the pvp.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 pm 

well....the race abilities were overpowered to a warrior for sure, if you did NOT have archery, you gained 100 skill point with no loss. plus abilitys. and bob said he would change something if it were found to be overpowered, which i do beleive ice elf is. i mean here is rundown in my opinion:

Ice elf- para snowball, magic arrow snowball,ice wall, free ice turkey, and 10% extra str.

Wood elf- only a little healing eery nw and then BUT ONLY if there is life around, familair then is cool if you dont use it for battle(cuase you can lose alot o life by it dying),transforming to familiar is cool for camping ppls house, and bind trees is good for someone if theyare lazy or have no magic, and want to get to only one spot.

Warlock- honestly with extra damage you take i se no good reasoning here

Dark elf-well noone can test this enough to figure it out.

but if choose a mage and race you lose 50 healing and cant wear armor. or others you lose magery or med. and armor. I think before anything races should be balanced for abilitys then go from there...there is always tweaking.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:26 am 

Warriors are definately easier and cheaper, but as crimson said they do have to carry around a lot more expensive gear. But yeah ice elves abilities are a bit powerful. Maybe we could even have class race abilites. So each race would have a few set powers, then a few more based on their class?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:18 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
the fact is back in t3a or maybe even before when Vampire was working fine (bEZERK ABILITY,DRINKING BLOOD) warrior were fuking strong on Chimeria i could hold 3 Mobs for a while (Stiky finger , forgot , Ashes ) but when race bugged beside fix it ... somebody ... leave warrior with nothing then of course mage become overpowered human and normal warrior are shit......who should be blamed for all this shit at end........

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]