It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:36 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Polymorph stats
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
I have tested to be sure.
When you poly to a demon it bumps you up a flat 150 strength. For Dexterity it does not bump you up a flat rate. It just sets you to 90 dexterity. I think that it should also be a flat increase. There is an obvious trade-off when you have more dexterity as a mage. If you have more dex than most mages, perhaps you should benefit from it when you poly up.
Since most mages have less than 15 dexterity if they can help it...maybe have it bump you up by 75 dexterity when you poly demon? That would put most mages at the original 90, while others who are willing to drop str or int in favor of dex, get a bit of a benefit from doing so. Or else mage pvm builds will be pretty similar across the board.

Post subject: Re: Polymorph stats
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:29 am 
Site Admin

Age old issue, has been brought up a few times before.

The short answer is without coding a completely custom polymorph system, there's no way. It would take a week(ish), so i don't mind doing it.
The long answer is while from a balance perspective i'd very much like to do this change, everytime it's been proposed resistance to it has been very very high.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:27 pm 

bump

Anyone have good reasons why polymorph pvm mages should not be more flexible in stat builds?

Also...another point to do with polymorphs. Maybe a new topic but w/e.

In hythloth you are dispelled by monsters. This poses a serious problem in an advanced dungeon lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:15 pm 

i wouldnt see any problem in having poly mage being able to change their stats build

as for hyloth, there is some monsters around obs who are smart enough to cast dispel such as succubus, destroyer gargoyle and dracoliche,

yes it make it harder for a poly when u get disspeled, but hyloth is designed for vets group, so technically,when u get dispelled , you just back up and let your party take care of the monster while u repoly.

that also bring some more variety in stat build for poly, as a low int poly mage will have less likely mana to repoly over and over but more hp.

but yeah.. with 2 warrior to back you up, a succubus dispelling you once in a while isnt a huge issue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:12 am 

They cast that spell more than once in a while. They cast it quite often in fact. So by the time you repoly and rebuff and so on, they may as well an ort you again...cus it will come within a couple minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:08 pm 

yeah they can do that...lol. but sometimes you go for a full poly cycle and dont get dispelled.

I dont think there is a whole lot you can do with poly changes unless you weaken them so be carefull what you ask for. and for the mostpart isnt the other things you poly into different ways to play a poly? Like a was a skeley knight pvm for a while, you get 225 str and you can wear full armor and wiz hat...so you can use med all you want. i would have to see more details before i was on board with poly changes i think....i like my poly.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:45 pm 

humm.. i dont know if that was what we should expected but poly now get dex ajusted to 83 instead of 90 no matter what your dex was before you poly..
sound rather like a drawback to me.. and humm.. what the point of that ? having a heal delay of 15 sec instead of 14 ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:22 pm 

i dont have a problem with the idea in particular, If it made alot of people being happy, i think you should throw it in.

My only concern is that say a mage just gets enough inteligence, and magery to polly to a deamon, and puts the rest in str and dex, when they polly they are going to be seriously stronger and faster than any warrior, and would be able to fight with them on the same level.

Thats my only concern, other then that as a non-mage i wouldnt have a problem with this being done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

If anything this would actually reduce that ability todd.
Right now a mage can dump all their stats into strength and leave a little int for polymorph, and not have to worry about dexterity.
If this change goes in, they will have to reduce their strength to gain dexterity.
Add to their natural reduced healing rate due to magery requirements and i don't think they will ever quite be as powerful as a pure warrior, just a little more beefy.

However, we can compensate for this lack by including secondary features in the polymorph balance such as increased movement speed for bigger bodies, ability to wield armor/weapons such as the night, innate poison such as the spider, or maybe a bigger range.

Like i said, discuss away, i'll probably make a final decision in a weeks time

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm 

alright, thanks for explaining, that was my only concern

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]