It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:57 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: order and chaos guards
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:01 pm 

doesnt spawn on their respective island, so it make it impossiible to acquire the sheilds..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Ya it would be nice having these shields again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Alright, well before i put em back in, i want opinions.

How do we want the challenge, as it was you must kill all guards, or a different form, maybe a solo challenge?

Do we want it open to all order/chaos aligned guilds, or just those that participate in the public events such as buccaneer's den and the eventual EW patch?

How long for shield respawn. I was thinking one or two shields per week, but i want opinions.

The reason for these changes is the way it was the shields were basically rendering blacksmith shields worthless and most of the shard would be in a generic order/chaos guild just to have them. I'd prefer with their higher AR for them to be rarer or at least carry a risk of war.

If we make them more common, an alternative is them not be newbified and can be "broken" by being looted by someone of the opposing alignment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:35 pm 

I liked how it used to be i had no problem with it..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:10 pm 

Hard decision to make mhmm, I wouldnt like it if it were extremely hard to get, but how about when it falls of a guard, you need a blacksmith to use some of its ingots to repair it or something like that:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:05 pm 

hmm i think that it should be like 2 a week...not sure how you would tie it to bucs den, but couldbe kool if done right. and i do like a solo challenge....and make it real hard..that way should limit the amount of sheilds...andmaybe tie them to your guild somehow, like only ppl from your guild can use the ones you got. something like that....maybe.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:45 am 

If you make it so warriors can solo them to that's fine with me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:51 am 

i really liked the "If a member from the opposing guild pick it up, the shield is destroyed"
Be sick to loot someone, see there order shield, and destroy it... probally give you a temporery buff, cause its kinda like destroying there power... just spit ballin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:41 am 

I liked how it was before :) you had to kill all the guards for each shield drop, which would take some time. The shields never replaced BS shields because they had a lower AR - I think the main advantage was the increased durability vs a coloured ore shield (bronze being the exception of course).

For lower ore shields with an equivalent AR, these are bought by weaker players who would not generally have the skill to take on the chaos guards anyway.

In my memory (fully GMed warrior), Chaos / Order shields were the 'go-to' shield for endgame players who used them for mage PvP and general hunting due to the durability, the relative ease in replacing them, but more usually the fact they looked cool :) we sill used to buy higher end crafted shields for taking on tough bosses / monsters or in PvP events vs other warriors etc.

I personally loved the 'old' chaos / order guard system and the shields - and it never seemed to hamper the economy.

So, in short, my suggestion would be:

- Bring back chaos / order guards, with the drop rate being one per 'clearout' based on 3-5 top players needed to beat the spawn rate.
- Give the shield AR equivalent to a Verite heater, so that Valorite and above are still the 'elite' shields protection-wise
- Give the shield durability equivalent to Bronze (ie double the base or whatever) to give them some worth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 am 

I think they should be solo-able, but only drop like 3 a week. Stone would recharge in like 2 days.
Maybe make them lootable by opposing guilds? And then redeem them for some points towards your guild army?
Just some ideas..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:25 am 

For now, why not implement in the same format as T3?

That would give those of us who don't remember clearly or were not aligned to order/chaos an opportunity to form an educated opinion.

Nash Fisher - Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:19 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

werent they like comparable to aga shield which is only halfassed for hunting to any decent player, their tru benefit is the high durability for hunting and then the smith gains repairing. and tbh either way no smith is gonna fret over the loss of his aga or bronze (the only comparable dura to align shields but still much lower ar of course) shield sales. as the real profit is in the higher metals which are much higher ar than the align shields.

i kind of remember these shields being tied to the first align char to equip them and if anyone else tried to equip they vanished right? or maybe only the shields u got from the "shrine" did like whoever clicked the shrine. cuz the warrior guards also had them on their corpses. cant remember if there was a difference between the two.

should definately have the shields made available again tho gives pple something to do which is always a good thing. maybe make it so warriors dont drop them anymore and only one shield per trip so much time whatever. some of my fondest obsi memories were going to get chaos/order shields on diff aligned chars with slug and van impe and all my wonderful lov friends.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:21 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
hey. um im kinda late but i had a good idea...

you should make it only available to the players in the guild that currently own bucs den... so the only way to get them is own bucs den, THEN make it like 2 sheilds a week from there lol

every week you own bucs den, you have the possibilty of gaining 2 more sheilds for your guild.. and i think the sheilds should be tied to your whole guild... and will be destroyed if moved / d clicked by anyone outside your guild or allignment

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]