It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
magger....as bob said, the game will not allow him to use percentages of stamina. It always has to be 100% of whatever you have.
In relation to someone saying 15 stam for low str and 75 stam for 100 str etc....what will mages with 10 stam do?
I suggest leaving the system as it was a few days ago. Maybe work on monster AI so they will step 2 per square.
Maybe for reality's sake, as of course this game is all about being real :roll: make it so when monsters shove the other, there is a chance for them to inflict damage upon the other. I highly doubt all monsters are friends :lol:

Also, for players: Like I said b4, maybe restrict fighting skills if players occupy the same square when fighting....that makes them wanna move to a different spot awfully quick methinks.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:03 pm 

Quote:
In relation to someone saying 15 stam for low str and 75 stam for 100 str etc....what will mages with 10 stam do?
Oh come on man. You know who "someone" is, it's WOG! LOL I know what you mean though... what I should have said is a percentage. It doesn't matter if you have a total of 10 or 100 stamina.. it's either 0%, 10%, etc of your total.

However, my scheme would require a stamina check... which from what I gather would be impossible.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:12 pm 

yep....I guess the client does not work that way in t4a.

Honestly when I said 'someone' I forgot who said it lol.
Wasn't trying to be snarky or anything...just forgot who said what :P

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:11 am 

Heh-heh. Just joking with you man. It's cool 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:15 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

ok to clarify shoving was not taken away before but the result was the same when it was made where stamina was drained way faster or the stam regen was screwed im not sure exactly but i certainly remember not being able to walk through monsters or players because of it and it was shitty is the main thing that matters. its never going to work.

i dont care, just trying to save some time for u guys. i mean why would you want to add something that sucks.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:16 pm 

Quote:
Why are we even making this an issue? Leave shoving like it has been and let's concentrate on making the playerbase more than 10 people?

and also agree with Drizzt its a BAD BAD IDEA

really bob i know u wanna make this game better and all, but there is more important and more critical stuff to change/fix then this, just put this point at the end of the list. plz

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:16 am 

I'm not liking this. Even the basics. I get stuck on random animals when running around.

I still don't understand what the issue with this was anyway? Can we not just have it the way it was?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:00 pm 

Quote:
Can we not just have it the way it was?
Let's clarify right now... define "was". "Was" before he started this test? or "was" before the 4th age was introduced?

I think we can ALL agree getting stuck by lesser creatures is annoying :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:33 pm 

I would be happy with the way it was a couple weeks ago. As Bob has made clear, it will not and can not go back to pre-t4a functionality.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for your patience in this test. I gathered a lot of useful input from a lot of people and the general consensus is while the current old system sucked compared to true t3a(which i wish i could do), it was the best one, so we'll be sticking with it. :)

Now, as to why i did this.

I thought this was a nifty, but overall not feasible idea. However every once in awhile there's a thread on shoving. So I just went ahead and ran this test so that if the issue comes up again, we can put it down as already tried, this is what happened, moving on.

I plan to do this for a lot of issues that keep popping up, thereby putting a sort of "end" to the discussions unless someone brings up something new.

Now, the secondary reason that prompted me to do this now is that some monsters will be unshovable, and some player abilities will gain this effect temporarily, so i wanted to test them for possible problems now.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2