It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Since this is never gonna freaking go away (For references, please see: Skillgain Threads, Mage Vs Warrior Balance, Warriors getting Recall, and Order Vs Chaos in-town), it's time once again for the bi-yearly "Change those classes" thread.

The rules of the game are the same as last time:

1. Any post must contain a statement of an issue, identification of the problem, a solution, and a step by step IMPLEMENTATION OF SOLUTION.
This means if you can't propose a better way, don't post that something sucks. Likewise if you can just say "fix it" or "put it back how it was" without numbers or actual examples, it doesn't belong here. :)

2. The balance restrictions are as follows:
A. Your proposed change cannot overpower a given class (this means that roughly 30-40% of the people minimum should have reasons to NOT want that class)
B. Your proposed change must have a matching detriment to any benefit, since races are balanced separately.

Go nuts!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:35 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
No idea what you were typing above. But im guessing your wanting to make some changes to classes. If thats the case, i was thinking maybe change up the "Mage Class" Let them get 100 healing instead of 50. But to rebalance them only let them get like 50 eval int or 50 anatomy or maybe both? That seems pretty fair, since eval will lower there med chance and casting speed and damage. Also Anatomy would lower the amount healed. I dont mind having lower amounts healed as long as i have higher chance of success. cause atm 50 heal is low success rate. Even 100 heal you fail 20% (according to my healrate)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:15 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I moved my post to a more appropriate thread.

Last edited by Azimuth on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:17 pm 

archery is basically useless outside of hunting unless its a warrior your fighting.

mages can cast way farther away than what you can shoot, hvy xbows in my mind should shoot farther than bows yet maintain their damage and rate of fire which is considerably slower than a bow. i forgot how many steps away a hvy xbow could shoot as compared to a bow but i know its shorter. reason it should shoot farther is mages can regularly move out of range causing you to stop shooting when move if you dont move they can hit you with spells and you cant shoot them back archery seems only to be useful in a wall pot which turns it useless because youd just switch to a melee and hit the mage to get past RA so agian make it so you can shoot farther with a bow and make it so hvy xbows can shoot farther than bows... since i really cant see why they wouldnt in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:34 pm 

Having the smith class not be able to do tinkering is such a terrible blow to that class because tinkering works with the other crafting skills and etc. I say you take away from them the ability to do provocation and peacemaking and enticement (which i thought was the same as provocation, I'm just assuming its one of the bard skills). I'm assuming those skills will become eventually useful because its been brought up before. So if you wanted to incorporate those skills you would not be able to go with the smith class. Also only being able to wield "hammers" (war hammer, smith hammers, and hammer picks, I'm guessing?) is really weird, but I have no good ideas for that, but maybe someone else could come up with something if it interests them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
i agree about the tinkering, i can gm alchemy on my smith but not tinkering... it doesn't really make sense and caused me to create a "dump character" since i had designed my wood elf Ankhesenamun a little less then 6 years ago with tinkering that I had gm'd before classes were implemented I had to sacrifice a skill there was no class that fit what I had started with Ankh so I was left with a choice either sacrifice my 100 extra skill which i counted on from the beginning or loose either tinkering or tailoring (if i remember correctly)so no matter what I was not going to be able to play the game to the standard that I was expecting to get to since 2004. which is honestly what made me stop playing for the last year petty i know. just was upset that I was being forced to give up something to retain my characters.

tinkering makes sense to have on a smith, i understand that we are trying to balance out the characters but does crafting really need balance? its not like we have crafting battles..... i would suggest creating a crafting class that just has all combat related skills limited to zero. and doing away with the artficer and the smith class. I cant speak for any of the combat classes cause I dont know anything about combat...

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:23 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i agree with dedo 100%

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:56 pm 

need special clock part drops and other matz to make clockwork golems for pets with hte tinkering skill.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:38 pm 

make summon undead work like summon creature

there isnt really a downside or an upside except being able to choose which undead you will summon all it is doing is making it fair and a usefull skills... otherwise you can make summon creature summon you random creatures making it fair.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

Last call on any other suggestions on this topic for alterations.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 pm 

i agree to make summon undead like summon creature

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]