It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:48 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:05 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
I like this skill...especially it's uses in role play and overall feel to it.. Its always been Obsidian's aim to be the Traditional but custom UO why not customize one of the skills that made UO great? I mean it doesnt have to be like noone will sit at bank for fear of losing items a sucessful attempt should be something small like bandages, regeants, books, weapons and armor should not be stolen. At Gm stealing the chances for stealing these items increases with it's quanity say...

50 stealing yields 5 regs of that pile u decide to steal from.. gm stealing yields you 10 with bandies and at gm stealing you can steal shrunken rides I don't know.... How do you guys feel about the stealing skill?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:45 am 

I have a thief and i just looove it!!

but would be cool to steal from something else then cats though even though iv never had a sucsessful attempt doin it(get's a message when trying to steal from other living things(this is -NOT- a cat)maybe something to look into?

-Zott-

Last edited by kennoparty on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:55 am 

stealing already has its own mechanics. It goes by weight, the heavier the item is, the more skill you need to steal. That balances it out very well.

I agree we need stealing in the game, but these kinds of threads are everyone on the forum

Just put it in one of your 5 for what would make you play

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:51 pm 

In a game where most good weps get left in the bank because people are afraid of losing them to pk's i think stealing is the last thing this shard needs to be honest. I never liked the stealing skill. Especially now that it is next to impossible to find a vanq wep and imagine that you finally did and some guy swipes it in 5 seconds at the bank.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:54 pm 

Belg, on another shard i played, they balanced that by doing this

If someone stole from you, everythign they took from you would be temporarily theres, and if the died in the next 5 minutes of stealing you, it all goes in your pack, logging off wouldnt let the time count down, and they would be gray to everyone so killing was legit, jail didnt faid time either.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:01 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

and if the thief just recalled away?

thieving from monsters I can see, and select items from players maybe, but I think that if you want something from someone you should have to kill them to get.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:24 pm 

Weapons and Armor should not be stolen... because being a thief you will have to use your cunning abilities of staying hidden and taking something not noticeable...like regs and supplies...I mean I think everyone will notice a thief taking a weapon from someone's backpack or platemail armor :wink: So no need to fuss about weps and armor...stuff like a ice orb something realistically small will like be the best thing a thief can ever get or -stat pots would be worth stealing or maybe gold but small amounts...like if the pile was 1k a thief can only receive 10% of it at GM Stealing... Just thinking it will be a cool new feature for Obsidian..something people can try out and if people don't like it we make a vote to remove it...

---I don't know the mechanics though hopefully it will be customizable so that weps and armor can not be stolen and you cant swipe whole containers and you have to use snooping to open bags inside of a pack ...and any lil mistake will turn you grey to everyone and criminal with death as punishment...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:04 am 
Site Admin

Only cats may be stolen. :)
Keep looking.

There are lots of items that fall under this category, and more will be comng in future patches. :)
Including some interesting pk items.

So yeah, it's in, it works, if you'd like to suggest more cats and their uses for stealable items, i'm open to the suggestions!
or maybe another faction of items, since ideas can't be stolen?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:31 am 

i still have no clue how to get it to work though lol......maybe someone can write a guide for me....or pm me so I can try it out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:00 am 

Quote:
i still have no clue how to get it to work though lol......maybe someone can write a guide for me....or pm me so I can try it out.

How to Steal Something Guide:
Step 1.
First thing you need to do is go to Wrong dungeon,tame a black cat thats inside there!!
In order to activate your stealing skill you need to have 2 shrinked blackcats and 1 comunicationcrystal in your inventory while you steal from an ordinary cat(can be found at Brittain's farmland's)
Note:make sure to connect the 2 blackcats with the comunicationcrystal b4 stealing from an ordinary cat or it wount work :)

Step 2.
After you have activated your stealing skill type "catdir"to bring up the stealing menu...and i guess youl be able to take it from there!! :)

-Zott-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:46 am 

Quote:
Quote:

How to Steal Something Guide:
Step 1.
First thing you need to do is go to Wrong dungeon,tame a black cat thats inside there!!
In order to activate your stealing skill you need to have 2 shrinked blackcats and 1 comunicationcrystal in your inventory while you steal from an ordinary cat(can be found at Brittain's farmland's)
Note:make sure to connect the 2 blackcats with the comunicationcrystal b4 stealing from an ordinary cat or it wount work :)

Step 2.
After you have activated your stealing skill type "catdir"to bring up the stealing menu...and i guess youl be able to take it from there!! :)
you are my hero!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:21 am 

That sounds retarded

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:29 am 

Quote:
That sounds retarded

Well,iv gained quite some stealing...retarded or not!!Extremly hard to gain!!i think it was very odd to the involvment with cats in this!!try it yourself to steal from a cat and you know what i mean!!!

-Zott-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:16 pm 

Quote:
I think that if you want something from someone you should have to kill them to get.

My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:52 pm 

you can steal other items to.. For instance you can steal Wizard Hats. (including rare ones like ice colored) if you can trick a player into showing you it in trade then right click and jack.

If i remember correctly there is about 27 items that are stealable? Probley more has been added since last time i tryed stealing.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next