It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:59 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Poison Potions
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:26 pm 

Change poison potions so that they hit 100% and fizzle spells 100% of the time.

But have them on a seperate timer to all other potions and make the delay between uses say around 8 seconds?

Post subject: Re: Poison Potions
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:12 am 
agreed :)
But increase spell speeds because u would use to fizzle a fs mainly and it takes like 8 seconds to do one lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:24 am 

how about if the p pot delay was 10 seconds then?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:51 am 
IMO I think that the spells should be jsut looked at in detail (which is what im doing) and sort the spells out then look at the delay timing on posion pots

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:10 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
i think that if we have the poison potts that can fizzle spell 100% and hit 100% of the time, but like 10 seconds delay to poison potts only not other potts.
i think that will be cool enough.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:42 pm 

I think having poison pots being able to fizzle a spell 100% of the time is a terrible idea...sorry Duck.

Having a chance to fizzle is fine...but a mage's resist and parry and dumb luck should factor into things.
It would be super easy to kill mages if this happened. I am not a pvp mage so I have no real vested interest here...
wall, poison poison hit hit hit poison hit hit poison dead...
Great for warriors. lol

A separate timer is a good idea though. having to wait between eating a armor fish, dex/heal/stam/mana pot then trying to use poison....a fight can be finished by then lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:08 am 
i agree with duck and i am a PVP mage, because of the delay inbetween pots and the fact that warriors wud have to use heal pots instead of poison at points because the mage wud b attacking. but this obviously reflects on mage speeds because yes warriors can throw pots and fizzle spells all the time but thats what made fights faster so the cure and heal wud have to be same speed etc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
Quote:
thats what made fights faster so the cure and heal wud have to be same speed etc
thats what made fights faster for mages to win lol doesnt will NOT help the warrior if it has a huge delay. unless the mage is retarded

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:20 am 
its not my only view pritty much everyone that i have asked on the skill testing have said cure and heal should be the same speed.
I jsut think PVP should be looked at as its f****** me off that a noob warrior can beat me in 15 seconds froms tanding still clicking my name and holding f1 to heal every 3 seconds coz he has stupid dex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:46 pm 

*Shrug* I always thought that PVP here revolved too much around poisoning in general. Would you say that's still the case now? Does a player still have to have GM poisoning to keep up with other PKrs?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:14 am 
For mages yes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:43 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

PvP does need to be looked at, and small changes might be necessary....but.....a few things we need to consider before mandating change.....

1)not all combat classes are implemented yet.

2)it takes a LONG time for people to develop effective PvP strategies....and right now we have very few people doing serious pvp. There are things that we might consider underpowered and in need of change, but someone else might find a way to use those weakness to his advantage. Do you guys remember back in t3a when fencing was considered the worst melee skill? Everyone said it sucked (especially for PvP), but it forced fencers to find new ways to fight. In the end some of the better pvp warriors of that era turned out to have fencing....All I'm saying is wait and see to get a better picture of things. New people coming into the system without preconceived notions how how things are will be able to make the system work to what they want better then us old fogies who want things the way they were before.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:06 am 
thats what I have been doing. I am pritty good at PVP and understand but mages can and cant do. but when I go into a fight and I -sumones dex/str and poision them and then straight after that I heal to the maz speed I could using bandages pots and magery heal and with in 15 seconds dead I know that something is not right.
When I had mage vs mage fights they r ok but they r so slow it doesnt even make it fun to do because its just going to be a poision fs/ebolt fight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Here's what i'm hearing/seeing, so lets see if people agree:

Old system: pots were on one timer, peopel complaiend some pots should be separate, so we split them up.
New system: 5 timers:
1. cure pots
2. healing/restoration pots (stamina, health, mana, etc)
3. buffs/debuffs/poisons
4. world potions (wall pots)
5. everythign else (shouldn't be much and should be near no timers, used to hold old non-timered pots from t3a)

What i'm hearing is people want to move poison potions to slot 2, increase the timer on them to 8-10 sec, and increase the first hit time from .4 seconds to .2 seconds(still can dodge, but twice as hard), but keep 50% fizzle rate on poison damage (so it fizzles on first hit half time)?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:04 pm 

they should fizzle 100% the first tick of dmg. After that if it procs while ur casting u have a 50% chance to fizzle that spell. 8 - 10 seems quite long on p pots maybe 6 - 7. I dont think they should share the timer with restorative pots

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next