It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Archery
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:28 pm 

Enable archery to be able to be used when running once a player has say 90 archery and 90 tactics?

Post subject: Re: Archery
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:12 am 
hmmm cool idea but im not 100% sure on this

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:48 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
i agree with duck...enable shooting while running.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:38 pm 

i was thinking it might be a good idea to have running and shooting. I thought this could either be an ability of the rangers class or an ability of the wood elves. I dont think it should be open to humans tho and im not sure if this would be too powerful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:39 am 

this really runs the risk of making archery too powerfull, but also archery seems very restricted now, and doesnt seem to do as much damage as other 2 handed weps, but also you can shoot from a distance......too many factors here....my head hurts...lol

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:32 pm 

Quote:
i was thinking it might be a good idea to have running and shooting. I thought this could either be an ability of the rangers class or an ability of the wood elves. I dont think it should be open to humans tho and im not sure if this would be too powerful.
I REALLY like this idea - it would give people a reason to pick the ranger class

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:00 pm 

I sure hope theres no cap on taming in the ranger class..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:36 pm 

I would have it for ALL archery.....humans and any other race that includes archery.

It is already bad enough that in order to be a race and use archery you are severely inhibited. Adding that to a ranger class would still not get me to make a ranger. I went human so I could use archery. If there are two different KINDS of archery I think that would be the last straw for me.

Archery needs to be fixed...ARCHERY...not archery for some people and not others. It is totally logical that archers should be able to move and shoot. It is plain stupid to have to stop your horse and take careful aim each shot...maybe for noobers...with 50 skill, but for those GM in it...make it worth it. Right now the whole skill is a POS. Archery doesn't even do any real damage. You can shoot a mage for an hour and he can stand there and take it...

As it it stands there is only ONE build for a warrior really...and that involves being an ice elf with no archery swinging a big bardiche. OMG we havent seen that loads already have we?

And to say having better archery only on a race char is so humans aren't too powerful is totally off base and ridiculous. Humans have no special powers. Humans have no raceskills built into hot keys. Humans have no extra skillcap allowing them to GM a full extra skill.
And you worry about them being over powered? Gimme a break!

A human is a class in its own for the simple fact that it can do all the skills....not all the skills, just not as good as a race char can.

Sheesh!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:51 pm 

Quote:
I would have it for ALL archery.....humans and any other race that includes archery.

It is already bad enough that in order to be a race and use archery you are severely inhibited. Adding that to a ranger class would still not get me to make a ranger. I went human so I could use archery. If there are two different KINDS of archery I think that would be the last straw for me.

Archery needs to be fixed...ARCHERY...not archery for some people and not others. It is totally logical that archers should be able to move and shoot. It is plain stupid to have to stop your horse and take careful aim each shot...maybe for noobers...with 50 skill, but for those GM in it...make it worth it. Right now the whole skill is a POS. Archery doesn't even do any real damage. You can shoot a mage for an hour and he can stand there and take it...

As it it stands there is only ONE build for a warrior really...and that involves being an ice elf with no archery swinging a big bardiche. OMG we havent seen that loads already have we?

And to say having better archery only on a race char is so humans aren't too powerful is totally off base and ridiculous. Humans have no special powers. Humans have no raceskills built into hot keys. Humans have no extra skillcap allowing them to GM a full extra skill.
And you worry about them being over powered? Gimme a break!

A human is a class in its own for the simple fact that it can do all the skills....not all the skills, just not as good as a race char can.

Sheesh!
^ this.

this guy deserves to be paid for this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:01 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I REALLY like this idea - it would give people a reason to pick the ranger class

i agree with deathwish too, it would be a great add to the ranger class so ppl can pick it.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:13 am 

i like the idea just give rangers a bow that they can use that does like more hit points. archery is useless except for hunting for the simple reason mages can move and cast while archers cant. maybe for humans make it in archery so you can move and shoot and rangers like 85 or something plus a special bow of coolness. also make it so rangers can use more than just a bow but not like how it used to be 30 in a melee skill make it like 60 or something and let them use fencing weps or something... i dunno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:49 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
id say archery should do + damage.. if archers are able to move while shooting... it still wouldnt make a difference, because you cant kill anyone with the damage a bow does anyway...

id rather just see all bows do + damage and better bows really work better...

i would like to see elven bows back also in there full glory also...

atm archery isnt even a good support combat skill... id rate having anatomy more important then having archery in combat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:23 pm 

Quote:
id say archery should do + damage.. if archers are able to move while shooting... it still wouldnt make a difference, because you cant kill anyone with the damage a bow does anyway...
it would make difference if rangers could run away and the once they stop moving, they can hit.
also bows should deal the biggest dmg of all weapons... just like in real life.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i dont think bows do the biggest damage irl... at a distance yes... but up close no.. archers used to carry swords actually.. so when enemys got close they can defend them selves,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 pm 

Last time I checked Bane mainly used archery, and rarely did he use a weapon and he did alright.

Unless I missed a couple of his fights that he actually used sword/mace/fencing.

I also think that archery should be changed a bit, but for some reason allowing movement doesn't fit.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next