It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Re: Archery
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:15 pm 

I say Rangers can shoot and run mounted and unmounted but have a 150% delay between attacks, however humans cant. There should be a delay because archery also needs to have a damage increase. Rangers are shit right now this would be a good way of balancing them with the other classes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:52 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Let archers shoot and run.

Damage could be raised, but i would have to see damage from some of the new bows before I'm really sure about that.

Bobs usually pretty through with numbers and balancing and stuff...I wonder if archery has a secondary skill that pure archers can take to help with the damage...I'm not saying that this is the way it is, but I wouldn't be surprised....if this is not the way it is, it might be something to consider.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:37 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Archery damage increase? lol In PvP it has to be existent before it can be increased.

If archery cannot be done on the move (as mages can as stated b4) then the shot timer should run through the movement as well and there should be an autoshot once the archer stops moving.

As for any classes being shit....all are. Unless ofc you are a crafter, then it is fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:25 pm 

i think its wrong to give a raced archer the ability to shoot and run and not give that ability to humans thats not a skill that only raced chars should be able to learn itd imply that only race characters are smart and therefore all humans should have a handicap in their perspective skill... like bardiches, halbreds, spears, and such 2 tile weapons are only 1 tile for humans or melee weapons for humans cant hit their target when your moving which im pretty sure everyone knows you can do... unless im just seeing things other people arent. ranger classes should get some type of boost in armour that only they cna use along with a bow of some sort or maybe multiple bows that only they can use a damage increase would be cool but through testing ive found that some of the archery weapons are a little more suited to deal higher damage. in pvp and pvm but the skill is crap since a mage can move out of range of an archer and still cast... make the distance for casting a spell the same as shooting a bow and i think everyone will find that is the better solution here for this problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:19 am 

Alright well, moving and shooting would be pretty nice, but I would still love to see the ranger class modified, so that it is actually worth taking,Ive been waiting for awhile now, its pretty bad, no armour, no melee weapons, sounds pretty bad to me. Just make it that ranger classes can only one handed weapons without the shield, so they hit slow with melee weps and cant wear the shield but can use bow, and allow them to wear good armor or atleast create something like elven armor made for rangers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:06 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
remeber that the ranger class has yet to get there skills and such... maybe there gonna get some kick ass banging skills lol
id say wait till after those skills are done to make changes directly to them.. because balancing them out now wouldnt make them balanced after there raceskills are implemented

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:31 pm 

Ranger is a class, not a race. There are no class skills. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:56 pm 

i thought rangers were gonna actually get some skills or w.e.... or maybe they were supposed to get armor or w,e...

i know someone was supposed to get something that isnt in yet,,, and that keeps things unbalanced there or something like that

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:24 pm 

Quote:
I would have it for ALL archery.....humans and any other race that includes archery.

It is already bad enough that in order to be a race and use archery you are severely inhibited. Adding that to a ranger class would still not get me to make a ranger. I went human so I could use archery. If there are two different KINDS of archery I think that would be the last straw for me.

Archery needs to be fixed...ARCHERY...not archery for some people and not others. It is totally logical that archers should be able to move and shoot. It is plain stupid to have to stop your horse and take careful aim each shot...maybe for noobers...with 50 skill, but for those GM in it...make it worth it. Right now the whole skill is a POS. Archery doesn't even do any real damage. You can shoot a mage for an hour and he can stand there and take it...

As it it stands there is only ONE build for a warrior really...and that involves being an ice elf with no archery swinging a big bardiche. OMG we havent seen that loads already have we?

And to say having better archery only on a race char is so humans aren't too powerful is totally off base and ridiculous. Humans have no special powers. Humans have no raceskills built into hot keys. Humans have no extra skillcap allowing them to GM a full extra skill.
And you worry about them being over powered? Gimme a break!

A human is a class in its own for the simple fact that it can do all the skills....not all the skills, just not as good as a race char can.

Sheesh!

Best post ever!!!!!!! I have always thought that ice elves were way overpowered, and then wood elves got done and it was like wow that's it? Ice elves can wall without wall pots, summon animals without magery or shrinks, recall out of any fight anywhere and i forget the other stuff but when you look at wood elves and the fact that nature heal is worthless now and we can make a porthole that takes an entire day to mature wow did we ever get the shaft there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:45 am 

maybe give wood elf rangers and all rangers/races a dif kind of ranger shot that does like 40 extra damage... over what ever that shot would have been normally... little bit of randomness cause the shot might not be that strong but on a crit hit 40 hp more would be sweet...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:11 am 

call it perfect aim :D does 20 bonus damage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:17 am 

rangers suck. they should be given something to make them worthwhile, but not something unique to the skill itself...maybe introduce a new class of bows for rangers of a race that will do more damage, increase a stats, lower the miss rate, increase luck, or some combination of the lot.

this new class of bow could be added to the loot tables as an extra above and beyond the current loot, so it would help with the foul hunting as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:12 pm 

it would help for the hunting for rangers.... not for human archers who also needs some boost......

id say what azi said... BUT make it so bows can be humanized... just takes some extra resources... so a human archer can get the same thing... they'll just basically have to do more for it....

which makes no real sense.. seeing as far as i know a elf hand is the same as a human hand... but if you have to get the elf better something.. id rather atleast make it so its possible to have even pvp damage.......

or really just re-do elf skills..... the tree thing = suckage.... the life in the woods thing if what was said earlier is true (+25 every 4 seconds or some crazy shizz like that) then that needs to be toned down... lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Ok i'm just gonna get this conversation back on topic:
Things ranger's AREN'T GETTING:

anything humans don't have.

Things archery isn't getting:

Moving shot (is completely against the UO: renaissance pk feel we're going for. The shard has existed for 10 years without moving archery).

So resume chatting.

And before i get the naysayers in here, no, t3a never did a moving shot, no it did not count down your shot so it would fire instantly when you stopped moving. The best you had was not moving and it would queue up an instant shot for when the target was in-range. Anyone who really wants to doubt me can arrange with me to go play on the old shard assumign they have the old client still iinstalled.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:58 pm 

I wish I had the old client around still, and I'll look in my archives and see if I still have something on a back-up dvd....but I promise you that insta-hit worked, BUT only if you broke LOS. To get it to work you have to run an around a wall (or lampost, or tree or whatever), then stop and let the counter do it's thing. When you regained LOS you fired a shot instantly....moving or otherwise.

I would use this many, MANY times in the lower levels of hythloth.....when you drop down the 3rd level just after the puzzle there's a doorway, I would use this doorway combined with the technique I mentioned, and poison pots to take down the hardest things on the level.....including a balckgate shadow. I'd run past the door and as I ran I would fire an arrow through the door at the monster. I'd run back and forth like this for as long as it took to kill something, and because I was only in the monsters LOS for less then fraction of a second, it took a little while for him to target me.

It was one of my favorite PvP moves too.... especially in FFAs when mages were running around casting walls and everyone there was going through wall pots like water.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next