It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Mage healing
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:53 pm 

The cast time for the heal spell needs to be increased. I dont know how much longer it should be, maybe 30 - 50%

Post subject: Re: Mage healing
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:13 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
i think that heal spell is ok and shouldn't get any increases, but greater heal is slower than it were in t3a.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:25 pm 

Idk I think mage heal is too fast. if they wanted, a mage could stand in one spot spamming heal which is 4 mana and heals like 15. A warrior heals rougly every 6-7 secs. They usually heal 50 if they dont fail. in that 7 secs a mage can heal 8 times. thats 120 heal. They can heal full in the time a warrior can heal 50. This is not including the mages' bandie heal or pots.

The spell cast time should be increased or if they are poisoned it heals them half of what it usually would.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:30 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
warriors can heal and deal damage at the same time though...
if you want to look at it like that warriors CAN do (and i've seen it)
40+ every 2-3 seconds 3-4 times in a row.... not including poison and the fact that mages fizzle alot now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:05 pm 

yea that would like change mages...n heal is what one of the first spells you learn as a mage it should be the way it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:06 pm 

Quote:
warriors can heal and deal damage at the same time though...
if you want to look at it like that warriors CAN do (and i've seen it)
40+ every 2-3 seconds 3-4 times in a row.... not including poison and the fact that mages fizzle alot now

I think warrior healing needs to be dropped a little bit too. But it should be changed with mage healing. Anyways you dont fizzle heal with a mage. Its cast is .8 secs but lets do some testing. im sure if you got 2 warriors on a mage all that mage would have to do is sit in spot and use heal spell
Quote:
yea that would like change mages...n heal is what one of the first spells you learn as a mage it should be the way it is.
hahaha good arguement

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:24 pm 

Some say Warriors are too fast , others say Mages are too fast...Which is it?
Likely means they are equal and some aren't as good a player as an other player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:47 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Sometimes doing nothing will have more of an impact then making drastic changes.

If something in this game is overpowered, there is always someone who will find a way around it.

It seams like everyone wants all the systems to change to match they way they play the game (I'm guilty of this too)....but if this is always done, then theres really no reason to be inovative and try new things....

I say leave all PvP as it is right now for at least the next year...except for bugs and overly obvious imbalances like archery.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:46 pm 

Well lets do some testing. Im sure you will find the same thing with pvp. It isnt a matter of killing the mage its puttin enough pressure on the mage till they have no mana. Being that it is 4 mana it takes a long time.

I dont see you pvp much tho azi, come test this and im sure u will feel the same

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 pm 

All im saying is slower pvp is not the answer, make everything "even" but at a decent pace, slowing down timers and blah blah equals boring pvp and makes everyone virtually the same. With faster pvp, and better reaction time necessary for that pvp, you can see the difference between the good pvp'ers and the shitty ones, plus it'll makes matches shorter. do NOT slow down timers, unless REALLY necessary. Good reaction time, and knowledge of speed is what makes you a good pvp'er, not like, having the most resources or some bs like that. Please, please, even if i know nothing, take at least this into consideration, slowing down for the sake of slowing down to become even, is not the answer :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:45 am 

Quote:
Well lets do some testing. Im sure you will find the same thing with pvp. It isnt a matter of killing the mage its puttin enough pressure on the mage till they have no mana. Being that it is 4 mana it takes a long time.

I dont see you pvp much tho azi, come test this and im sure u will feel the same
I would LOVE to test this in a real fight....but my connection is ran through my cell phone, which means if more then one thing happens at a time something is going to have to wait to reach me...sometimes the wait is only a few milliseconds, other times the wait is 3 seconds or more IF I don't just loose connection altogether.

I've been working with the cable company to get something ran to my house, but my house is about 1/4 mile from the road and they want 3500 bucks from me to run a line. I might just have to break down and pay it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 pm 

ANYWHO we have been balancing pvp since i came back and just recently increased all mage speeds. I think all other spells are fine except heal. The whole time we been balancing, we have been balancing pvp for mages healing like they did prior to the change. Right now mage healing is at a wack.

I dont know who was watching the fight at the pyramid between ereaser and dracula but it was rediculas. Drac was using some pretty good magical weps but even with a bear or 2 on ereaser he wouldnt die. Ereaser is definately a good player but without healing weps ereaser should have lost. Anyways this is just an example. I think if we did testing for ourselves you will find heal spell needs to go from .8 secs back to 1 sec where we have been making changes to balance it at.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:45 am 

The damn system is fine right now...

Some warriors can kill some mages and some mages and kill warriors its fine your bitching about stuff thats fine i can kill a few mages and a few mages can kill me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:46 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
agreed with hemlock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:00 am 

I think it was a pretty even fight between Ereaser and I. btw he summoned the bears. Once they turned on him. The other times I had to kill them. I brought bears but never used them because I do not have animal lore to control them.

Why he was not killed faster is that he kept out of my reach except for where I blocked him in for a short time. He also went invis to regen mana. He conserved mana until I started to direct my attention to killing bears. That is when he tried to mana dump. So I would attack the bears for one hit then attack him, then he would go defensive.

As for the nice weps....I was using some t3a weps. Although they were probably the most effective. I used alot of archery as well....which as we know is crap pvp atm lol. The heavy crossbow-player crafted from saboswood- was the most effective weapon...it didn't hit often but when it did, it hit hard.

So, I am not sure about all this healing stuff. But really, on a bad day even, Ereaser is a top PvPer and is likely to last a while against most players, if not kill them.

Thanks Bob for the event...it was fun. I look forward to a no poly event though :P

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next