It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: PVP is broken
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:56 pm 

There is a lot wrong with pvp and no action being done to fix it. Warrior fights dont end, Mages heal too fast, Some weps are just f***** in dmg and twice now darkshadow has recalled even after taking 38 dmg from energy bolt. Ice elves are no where near other races in comparison.

With p pots as they are, warriors can just run in a f***** circle when they almost dead and un equip wep n shield so u have very small delay and cant be poisoned since ur moving. This anatomy system with this poison system just sucks.

Bob idk what ur waiting for or if dont see anything wrong with pvp (or it could just be me) but we need to do some testing and you need to be willing to make changes. We need players to be more active on these discussions, aswell as gms. I know u arent a pvper bob so you need to listen to the players when it comes to pvp and players, like i said, we need to be more active even if ur post is just to say u are happy with how it is

I suggest one of these days, us pvpers need to spend some time in haven with the gms testing. Im sure you will find that mages heal way too fast, warrior fights dont end (unles magic weps) and that you cant win a fight without poison (bob i remember you saying you dont want pvp to be dependent on poisoning but i think we need to accept that it is essential and make pvp work around p pots).

Is everyone good with July 29th for testing? mainly asking you bob

Post subject: Re: PVP is broken
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:22 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
nope not coming for another whine-fest

warrior fights have always lasted forever. should be more than used to that. the edge should be in the better equipment they have etc.

poison is weaker than it used to be by loads...it is not a huge factor.

anatomy is yet more space used in your tight skill cap space...

as for being able to recall....shit happens. I have had many times where I was fizzled by extremely small damage upon a recall attempt. Sometimes it fizzles other times it doesn't. Don't have to pull hairs over it.

I think the pvp system is less flawed than it used to be for sure. Poison spam by both mages and warriors was the common modus operandi. Not so much now. While poison does impact the outcome of a fight, so do many other factors. It used to be poison and heal and toss in a flamestrike. It seems too many people want those lazy days back.
I think it would be nice to see more people work in groups in pvp etc. More can happen and fast too. That is where the dynamics of each character class can actually be used the way they are intended. When you have warrior vs warrior or warrior vs mage or w/e combination you can think of there are only so many different strategies and scenarios that can play out. With a group there are main pvpers that do the damage and there are support. More fun in my opinion. And also it isn't just a what individual is balanced vs another? It shouldn't be that way in my opinion.
I believe that a character that is perceived as ineffective solo vs many others can be vital in a group and can be the deciding factor in the outcome.

That being said, I think it would be fun to start having planned wars. In fact I will make another post with that idea.
Anyways, I am sick of these 'pvp is broke' threads. Cut it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:48 pm 

this system is brand new to me...so I cant say anything about pvp because I still have no clues or enough practice in it...yet. We need more FFA's more tourneys etc to see how pvp is especially with everyone playing to their best due to rewards..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:49 pm 

Quote:
this system is brand new to me...so I cant say anything about pvp because I still have no clues or enough practice in it...yet. We need more FFA's more tourneys etc to see how pvp is especially with everyone playing to their best due to rewards..

http://www.dxgaming.com/forums/viewtopi ... 23&t=21835

Get a team together and enter this maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:07 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i dont think pvp is broken.. just needs soem small tweaks.... but hes getting the shard balanced.. its more balanced then b4 by far..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:18 am 

I agree with chips, only a few tweaks here and there, but the pvp is much more balanced. I only think that recall should be more fizzable

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:35 am 

na recall shouldnt be any more fizzable that should be a rare thing to happen...crimson thinking about 1 vs 1 pvp a mage needs to get away if he or she is stuck with 3 warriors spamming p pots n such...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:13 am 

Quote:
I agree with chips, only a few tweaks here and there, but the pvp is much more balanced. I only think that recall should be more fizzable
no.. i believe i just want things balanced... not to kill a class.....
when the only thing a warrior ever argues is healing and recall are to fast... its a pretty good sign that mages are underpowered lol.... or warriors are over powered.. either or...

I don't use a human mage that much any more.. im on nex all the time... I'm just speaking from what i see mages VRS a warrior...

EG. Bane vrs fury.... fury lasted... about 5 mins.. then ran out of garlic.. because he casted heal the majority of the fight....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:40 pm 

Pvp is fine you seem to be the only person bitching about it.

If you dont want people to recall then use a anti recall thing its not hard to get.

I dont know if your just getting owned alot and your wanting a change in the pvp system or your just wanting to bitch about stuff thats fine.

If some warriors can kill mages and some mages can kill warriors then why is there a problem? Warriors are not overpowers like people say they are, Just 1vs1 casey on his mage and he will rape u.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:00 pm 

Apparently when the best mages dont win but can hang in with a average warriors.. everything is balanced..... that makes sense :roll:

Im not the only one bitching.. everyone who uses a mage agrees with me.. those weps are to powerfull.... I didn't think it would be arguable.. if someone can do 100 damage in 4 seconds (and other hits come right after that. with no delay) .. man.. if they were dark elves and got lucky. u can do 100 damage in one shot.... lol.. just thought of that.. but anyway..

as for spawn... I got him to > 1/4th health using bandies a magic staff and some heal pots and 2 stone walls... on a pvm warrior....

.... no poison. no bears, no anything...

all i did was e wall and tap f1 (heal) the whole battle...

he ended up killing me... but shit.. i didnt do anything... lol and didnt even have good equip on / good weps as is common with warriors today...
if i used a bear he woulda been toasted lol we can test this any time though... im pretty sure my pvm warrior would win....

can i take this quote from albert?
it went roughly like this-

"I like using my warrior"
"you don't have to do anything besides sit back and hit your heal macro"
"sometimes I don't even have to use pots"

*something like that*

but anyway... im not arguing to take recall from mages.... after all they seem to be using it alot lately :lol:
wonder why....

and PS. i play on a necro.. not a mage.... I just comment on what i see from mages...
and the + super damage i receive like i said. can be due to me being on a necro. but EVERYONE who plays on a mage complains about it....
If you look. all the people who say it's perfectly balanced. DONT HAVE MAGES, and ALWAYS fight on there warrior..... i did on both.. even though half of them do have mages.. they choose to play on there warriors..(wonder why).. I personally will not use a warrior for pvp because it takes no skill... u can learn mage timings and w.e like vlad and azi did back in the day... but theres no point for that now.. as u can just get a +9 wep and own them anyway.....

but maybe a mage is now supposed to be a support character or something like mark said... even though 2 warriors are prolly way better then a mage and a warrior anyway lol....

this feels like the reverse of t3a.... warriors own like mages did .. and the warriors try to keep it like that.. just like the mages did in t3a lmao....

Last edited by chips LL on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:04 pm 

i wasint talking to u noob :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:21 pm 

i know... but i still disagreed with you.. so i just continued posting lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:04 pm 

Quote:
EG. Bane vrs fury.... fury lasted... about 5 mins.. then ran out of garlic.. because he casted heal the majority of the fight....
This is the problem i see. Maybe this is how you guys want pvp now and i just dont know but all i see in warrior vs mage these days is a mage healing the whole f****** time. They then recall or run outa regs and die. In mage vs mage the heal spell is too fast. And im sure most people agree with me on this.

Warrior vs warrior just doesnt end. Like its been said, warrior pvp requires little skill so I guess warrior pvp will stay a gear match because i dont have any suggestions

What i think needs to be done is lower mage heal speed to where it is well balanced in mage vs mage and lower weapon dmg to compensate this nerfing to mages. However the only problem i see with weps is these magical ones and since most of them are T3A we cant do accurate testing.

Maybe these magical weps need to only hit 75% of the time??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 pm 

JUST make sure whatever Tweaks you guys decide to do consider the PVM aspects as well. pvp this pvp that then u command changeds n f*** up the game for everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:45 pm 

Anyone agree? disagree? this pvp is stupid and i know a lot of people bitch about it but no one posts. You wonder why the shard pvp is shitty right now?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next