It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Mages / Warriors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:57 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
i think this thread would be good for suggesting what does they both need.

ill start this with..

Warriors: don't need any increases or decreases, they are good.
Mages: they need to not fizzle alot and some spells need to be faster.

who else would add more?!

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

Post subject: Re: Mages / Warriors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:57 am 

Mages:
1. Mages need less fizzle and a faster time on flamestrike as one important spell.

2. Harm also needs a faster timer.

3. Mind blast needs to be more effective on low int warriors with high str.

4. Deadly poison and all that is kinda messed up but, I hear diversity is what the gods of obsi are looking for in builds. (No cookie cutter builds). So I cant suggest much for the effect of this.

5. Meditation needs either: less fails or a shorter delay.

6. Poison can affect your health and heal rates, but not fizzling low ends spells..only a % for higher end spells. Say circle 5 and up.

7. I might go ahead and say most spells outside of recall could do well with a .5 second decrease in delay, and fs might need a bit more. Recall should be easily fizzable too.

8. With this increase in spells, I say you can lower the damage a summon does on a warrior, (lower a bears armor piercing?) making it more of a distraction, a way to restrict movement or possibly fizzle spells, rather than the only tool to win a fight. We all should'nt have to be Ash.

9. Strong hits from a warrior's attack should have a possibility of fizzling spells. This is more or less in line already.

Warriors:
1. Warriors should have their poison pots ONLY when CONTACT is made, fizzle the spell a mage is casting. Not after, in the duration of the fight, or anything like that. Just the spell right then. Ex: "Nightmare mage" casts flamestrike "KAL VAS FLAM"..."Nightmare warrior" throws poison pot!...Flamestrike is fizzled. THATS IT. See number 6 for after affects.

2. Weapon damage being fixed. Not knocking on anybody, but the way some really cool weapons hit compared to other weapons is just uneven to my eyes.

First Note: MAKE SILVER ARMOR USEFUL, IT SUCKS ( I think)

Second Note: I remember back in the day when I Pvp'd that if you casted poison on a mage they could not heal with spells..That was actually pretty cool strategy-wise. However with the incorporation of deadly poison and what not I'm not sure how that would work out. But I really liked that for PvP

Third note: I'm not mentioning anything on races because outside of ice elfs and dark elfs it doesnt seem like much else has been fully expanded on for PvP so you never know. Except, just by looking at it though it seems that a warlock mage would get destroyed in PvP, just saying.

Thats about it. Im basically going off what I used to see in PvP which is what made alot of people play. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:12 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
warriors-

1) the poison cloud thing should just go or.. make poison cloud hit faster and last shorter,
so poison cloud hits near instant so there is no dodges,, fizzle spells on the intial it guarenteed, but no other fizzles from the lasting poison...or at a low percentage it fizzles you from after coughs

2) balance certain weps out, that everyone is complaining about..

3) make lighter weapons more usefull....at the moment heavy weps just far outshine lighter weps even when fighting vrs a mage..
I would think lighter weps were used to fight mages.. and heavier for warriors...with exceptions..

Slow heavy weps down.... if there gonna do all this damage..
+ damage on faster weps...

mages-
1) make them faster...
2) lessen the damage bears do
3) make flame strike specifically faster
4) if mind blast was intended to be doing 5 hp for full int mages vrs low int warriors.. its fine... but if not it should be balanced somewhere in there...
I have a feeling people are just doing it wrong tho 8)
5) Or add a warlock ability to get + damage on magery and/or med for a period of time.. or add + damage to one of there passive perks

both-
1) make all races have more pvp oriented skills, such as ice elves.. i know characters have to be geared to crafters but the others abilitys are pretty useless in pvp...which isn't fair.
specific ideas on these racial abilitys is left to anther thread lol

I rushed this, so there might be some typing eras.. the logic should all be there tho :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:51 pm 

my only big complaint is why is eb doing more damage than flamestrike?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:51 am 

Edit: Reactive Armour was adjusted by gm bob before in the changelog.. maybe thats why mages take strong dmgs?!

@Chips: i disagree that weps should be weaker,, that would make fights so hard and takes long time especially when we all can't use bears in fights like it used to be..

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:11 am 

I didn't say lower the damage one time in my post?

I said make lighter weps do more damage.. and heavier weps a bit more slow, because they swing almost as fast as fast weps, just do more damage...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:38 pm 

Quote:
I didn't say lower the damage one time in my post?

I said make lighter weps do more damage.. and heavier weps a bit more slow, because they swing almost as fast as fast weps, just do more damage...
no but all weps need a CAP on max dmg..
for instance... u shouldn't be able to polly and use a pitchfork and do deathflame dmg hits
this to me is a failure of the systems.. wrestle should be your most powerful polly attack.. especially in demon mode.. its what balances wep skills vs wrestling..

what i am instisting is that all wepons be limited to a certain bonus they recieve on the str multiplier

and yes i do think some weapons do way to much dmg..
reactive needed to be nurfed a tad in the old system.. but in this system.. well.. i dont think it would help either.. it would only destroy ne one who used archery

even still tho i believe reactive is very effective against archers at close range
maybe not as much but.. still pretty decent
and if not.. archery my need to be tweaked to have lesser penetration.. perhaps (or a mild tweak to reactive)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:46 pm 

dude adam the trade off for using a weapon in poly is that you hit a ton slower dps is better when just wrestling thats why everyone uses it only people that use weapons when in poly is pvp tanks....

i tend to agree with chips weapons like halbreds and pitchforks need to just be slowed down in the time it takes between swings... other than that i think its fine.

decrease mage fizzle maybe make reactive a bit more effective agianst melee and make it so you dont fizzle every poison damage after getting hit initially from poison. then in my mind pvp will be balanced its not far from being balanced and these changes would balance it in my mind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:49 pm 

it used to be that weapon damage had to do with the weapon and had nothing to do with str at all. That is why so many people used wrestling on a polly mage. I don't know if it is the same now. I know there were a few people, I think Aimee was one of them that tried to go swords to see how it would work and the damage was way less than wrestling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:10 pm 

its still like that wrestling does more dps than using a weap adam is over reacting

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:57 pm 

-only one type of poison. make poison skill only work for poisoning things.. and not for tossing pots or spell
also do away with the high consumption of ns when casting the spell
-poison fizzles mages... make it so poison makes warriors miss.. (to compensate.) that should work
-cap the heal delay at a min. of something that when tested works... high dex super fast healing is lame
-make shrink pots only work for "rideable" animals (bombardment of animals... lame
-fix mass dispell - no dispell, remove wall, darkness, all in one wack.
-Walls.. walls walls... i dunno.. but i am seeing to damn many of them
-mages need speed.. they are to slow and can't dish out the dmg required to win a fight..
but before u can balance mages i think the whole poisoning system needs to be rebuilt.. prior.. then work
on mages.. poison is the skill that throws the monkey wrench in the whole damn system.. im fine with all the new changes and diverstiy.. but... we got to get rid of poisoning as we know it..
Poisoning needs to be a skill used by rouge builds.. that poison wepons and strike in silence... deadly assains that creep into ur pack and poison ur food.. this is how poison should be used... not this lame shit that has developed...
poison was the main reason i left this game... and its alteration could be the determining factor of my stay

all went down hill when the dex-heal and deadly poison was implemented.. u can go back and look.. ppl got fed up and left.. deadly isnt even strong now like how it was but its mere use as a skill and how pvp orbits around it.. is just sad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:11 pm 

I agree with Poison get rid of it and Make it so that you are poisoning weapons and even food... but I dont agree about the heal delay maybe add more seconds but the higher your dex is the faster you should heal...

Assassins that can place deathly poison on any wep making the weapon now less durable....but more lethal with every blow...this is how poison was suppose to be and its far more interesting then launching p pots alll day long. You can pay assassins to poison your ruin weps etc....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:46 pm 

I agree about the poison for the most part...

making poison spell make warriors miss, would just make mages spam poison... then again, would make lighter weps more usefull again

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 am 

Quote:
but I dont agree about the heal delay maybe add more seconds but the higher your dex is the faster you should heal...

i didn't say that it shouldn't, I said cap it at a min. delay of something.. (and post this min and and dex cap)

for example.. lets say what ever speed u heal with at 150 dex is as fast as it gets (just an example.. would need testing) so having more dex than "said ammount" would just be a waste

one thing above i forgot to add to my list was remove the fact that med fizzles ur spells

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]