It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject: Re: Use of Animals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:45 pm 

Quote:
I disagree also. I already think the animal system with lore and taming is already to broken, why make it worse.

Ya warriors have alot of pets on em, but we can barely even use one during a fight cause of the stupid fighting delay.

As for silver snakes the donater guild has been broken for months now, so there pretty much is only 1 spawn for them. I dont think the snakes need to be changed at all there already hard enough to get, if u go thru all the trouble of training to 90 taming and finding one, you should be given the extra boost in pvp.
Again, its a matter of possibility, not the actions of players. Just because you cant find silver snakes doesnt mean they arent usable. When one is found, which im sure u have plenty of, one just needs to pet prot it at their house before shrinking and they will only need 1.

Albert your view on pvp is retarded. Your a vamp master that would spam these pets if he could and only fights when he has a lightning kryss or some shit. Your entirely material dependent and your good because of it, that should never be the case.

As for the red lettering, that is my point. This system would be much more simple (not worse), would make pvp more skill dependent and I guarantee it will be more fun.

Im not saying to remove animals from warriors, If you want an animal, make an ice turkey. If you want your silver snakes or fire hell hounds then make a wood elf warrior.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:10 pm 

I Should mention this because its kinda key.

This system would really only be balanced if poisoning was changed aswell. This otherwise would just be a blow mainly to warriors. The combination of these two system i believe would lead to a MUCH more enjoyable system.

Proposed poisoning changes - http://www.dxgaming.com/forums/viewtopi ... 69&t=22569

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:50 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
My view on pvp is about materialistic. If you think about it, you can have gm everything... but if u wear iron and +1 weps your not gunna get far.. So ya you do need materials. The more materials the better you are..

As for the Silver Snakes, sure you can pet protect them to the house, But even if you had an unlimited supply of snakes.. Warriors can use 1 if there lucky.... 2 If there extremely lucky. Warriors have there pet timers reset every time there hit.. by spell or by meele.
As for mages they can summon or unshrink... so for them to pull out pets its way easyer.

I will agree get rid of silver snakes.... If mages get rid of there summon deamon?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:54 pm 

Unshrinking of animals is the same for mages and warriors.

Yes mages can summon but warrior + pet > mage + pet. Warriors have more armour and its less a hassle to kill the summoned bear as a warrior.

Again, this system would only work if poisoning was changed which would cause difficulty summoning bears due to fizzle. Some tweaking may be necessary to compensate for missing damage from warriors but I think the ability to fizzle 100% with p pot will be that compensation.

If you want your silver snakes, go Wood elf.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:30 pm 

Or i could stay vampire and use my silver snakes.

Pvp is fine how it is, it just needs some tweaking for tanks to be balanced with mages and warrior.

If anyone says warriors are OP compared to mages there wrong, Look at the current tourny that happened just recently. Weakest killed pretty much everyone besides falin.

Falin Devil Sweet all of em had vanq magical weps and Blackrock or Rose armor, which is the best materialistic stuff money can buy.

Animals being unshrunk against mages isnt that big of a deal all it is, is a change up of pvp style.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:55 am 

plus you cant get more than one silver serpent out in 99% of the cases becuase they are reds and they will attack each other.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:49 pm 

Silk i want you to try thinking of betterment of the entire shard, not just yourself.

I watched wkst fight, he just gets 2 bears on them then uses just lightning. You cant fizzle his bears because he moves while its being casted.

This proposed system should only come in partnership with the change in poisoning (http://www.dxgaming.com/forums/viewtopi ... 69&t=22569). Without it there would be unbalance. With it, both warriors and mages would take a blow and it would simply be a better system.

Im getting tired of arguing with the same and only 4 people who play this shard. Of course you think this is good, thats why u still play. There is NO pvp in this supposedly pvp oreinted server. How can you say it is fine? Everyone else has come to their senses and left i suppose. Without these changes, I think soon ill do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:03 pm 

Quote:
I watched wkst fight, he just gets 2 bears on them then uses just lightning. You cant fizzle his bears because he moves while its being casted.
You proved my point there?

Warriors have it bad enough with the animal system and you are trying to make it even worse on warriors by not even letting em use a pet against the mages.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:30 pm 

disagree.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:39 pm 

no silk, again, this would be done with the poisoning change

With the poisoning change, a player wont be able to just run in a circle summoning bears without the chance of being poisoned.

Idk what ur disagreeing about maher, that is fact of what you did but lets not start flaming.

List some reasons why the current system you all love is good, Ill start with why mine would be
-A more skill dependent pvp system
-Less dependence on materials, in turn, more people able to pvp
-Variety in player builds (use of wood elves)
-Change in system likely bringing more players = more pvp testing
-No more Flawed poisoning system
-More enjoyable poisoning system
Drawbacks
-Less income for tamers

Now why is the current system good?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:44 pm 

i disagreed just cus the animal system is good now. also it became easier for everyone to prevent warrior to unshrink their animals while fights.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:51 pm 

Less income for tamers.... That is not a good reason that would be a reason why not to make this change.

As for a new pvp system... Why go thru all this trouble and time wasting again when bob made a decent one now.

The current poisoning System is fun it accualy makes you do somthing besides stand still and spam poison.

Whats the point in having gold, If pvp wasnt materialistic. gold would be un-needed and would ruin everything pvms, crafters, etc..

What would be the point in tamers if you couldent use bears and other animals? There wouldent be any besides getting Rides.. Would make that skill useless.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:57 pm 

Sorry for the length but please bear with me
Quote:
Less income for tamers.... That is not a good reason that would be a reason why not to make this change.

1 As for a new pvp system... Why go thru all this trouble and time wasting again when bob made a decent one now.

2 The current poisoning System is fun it accualy makes you do somthing besides stand still and spam poison.

3 Whats the point in having gold, If pvp wasnt materialistic. gold would be un-needed and would ruin everything pvms, crafters, etc..

4 What would be the point in tamers if you couldent use bears and other animals? There wouldent be any besides getting Rides.. Would make that skill useless.
First, silk that was under drawbacks. Im sure tamers could take a little blow to income for balance of the pvp in a pvp focused shard.

1 When you say this system is decent, do you refer to its undeniably flawed system or the fact that there is only 4 people on and NO pvp on this pvp shard.

2 I believe you and bob share the same reasoning for the current system. But the skill of this would be ones ability to run around. I find it more fun to time your p pots and plant clouds than to run in circles... What im saying would provide both, poison pots could be thrown on the ground to cause clouds on those who stand still.

3 & 4 (were pretty much the same) That is a very sarcastic point. Wood elves would need people to tame these animals. In T3A i rarely ever saw people using shrunk animals, but i did see lots of tamer.

I mean no offense to bob by critisizing this system but it is flawed simply due to 100% ability to avoid p pots. P pots are a main factor of pvp, it should not be based on luck.

We are in a Beta, we should not be hesitant to try different system and test them out. Bob did great things for warriors and pvm but poisoning should left alone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:25 pm 

We are not in beta. We have been out of beta for quite some time...

Also you say Poison is a big part of the PvP system. That is the thing.

Bob doesnt want Poisoning to be a major part of pvp system, he wants people to be able to fight without having to have poisoning thats why the poison system has been set to how it is now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am 

Thing is...you're not gonna avoid having to use poison on this shard, its a main factor to pvp unless something else pops up...which either hasn't been found out yet or hasn't been established.

If you have a pvp char, you're going to use poison because it gives you a blatant advantage. So, as much as Bob has tried, its there, even with the changes.

Im agreeing with nerdslayer here, poisoning should be a tactic, not just something based on luck. Whoever makes better decisions with poison should get the advantage, not just who luckily gets hit by the cloud.

Like said, people stop playing, because other people stop playing, because they don't like the pvp. Im not doing the routine "oh it was better before" I dont mind change...but there's still clear flaws in the system

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next