It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, so the main point i've heard raised is four things.
1. damage is too high, mages/warriors both die fast as heck.
2. Healing is too high(was high to counter damage), fights last forever.
Lowered them both to bring them more in line.
So that should give you something new to mess with this week.
3. warriors can run around in circles healing all day

4. poison pots vs poison spell
I'm still working on the best way to deal with this, because i'm still not a fan of poison being "THE" skill for pvp. Literally almost every character in t3a had the same build, i want poison to be an option, but i want to open up other skills to be useful as well. However i'm almost sure i have poison where i want it, we'll see how testing this week goes.

So that only leaves #3 un-dealt with.
So here's my thought:
IF the problem is mages vs warriors, then i can simplly add magic damage to the gethit part of healing delays. Currently it doesn't count.
If the problem is warriors vs warriors, i can just make healing require you to stand still for 1 second or so.

So thoughts, alternatives?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:30 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
In my opinion Mage Vs Warrior is fine. Warrior Vs Warrior take forever to kill each other unless poison is being spammed or animals being used. Thats why id like animals to be allowed during pvp it made the fights go by faster but the 8 second delay of being hit made the animal system pretty much go away.

But I think both are pretty balanced. Tanks however need to get rebalanced with the rest.

If you wana get in deph with warriors tho. Im pretty sure you balanced out the weps with last Changelog. But im pretty sure you missing the archery balancing. Archers atm are OP they hit very fast with dex and very hard. I think this is mostly due to the ability to make Vanq-Like bows with fletching. Instead of getting the drop people just go chop and its gettable alot quicker.
Im pretty sure the crafting patch for blacksmithing wepons with bloodrock and blackrock will fix this tho. Not sure when it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:30 pm 

The problem i think is the same for warrior vs mage and warrior vs warrior and mage vs mage aswell.

Having players stand in spot when healing could be a solution to warrior vs warrior. The problem with mages is they can evade poison pots and cast whatever they want. The poison spell is too long of a cast to counter spells and the pots dont land as long as they are moving.

Summoning spells are mainly the problem with poisoning vs a mage. Summoned pets have a huge impact on pvp but if aslong as the caster is moving he can, in most cases, seal their win in the fight.

I suggest summon pet causes you to stand still for 1.5 seconds and, like you said, warriors stand for 1 second after healing. With this, the poisoning cooldown time may need to be increased.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 pm 

How about you forget about being stuck after healing which is a pretty dumb idea, seen it in other shards and hated it, and just add a chance to fail 2 times in a row instead of one with healing?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:56 pm 

hell no to any spell standing still for mages and I suggest making mages spell do extra damage based on the opponent's resist..If you have 55 resist never really trained it you shouldn't have the upperhand against a mage period...so + dmg on a scale based on magic resistance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:37 pm 

I dont think you guys see the problem bob is getting at. Hes talking about the flaw in the system, not damage, not healing. He means how warriors can't be poisoned while moving and in turn, cant be killed.

I would hate to see bandy heal be able to fail twice in a row. The system you all love is already more luck dependent than pvp should be. Look for alternatives that would require skill to execute. Having players immobilized for a second after healing would provide the opponent the chance to poison the player evading death.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:47 pm 

Pretty sure bob said he has poisoning how he likes it. Lol I agree with him it is in a good spot.

Pretty sure bob is talking about healing not sure what you read but that post seems completly wrong hah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:49 pm 

Failing two times in a row here and there would speed things up quite a bit in my opinion. As it is right now, with a warrior you don't have to worry about much because you know that if you fail once, you're guaranteed to successfully heal after wards. It wouldn't be overkill and I mean hell, everyone preaching about t3a pvp... warriors could fail healing multiple times.
I see the concept of healing freezing you helping pvp slightly but in return its just going to be another thing borking pvm.

If anything, make magery deal a bit more damage and like Rippahh said, take magic resistance into effect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:52 pm 

If hes talking about healing then what the f*** would adding a 1 second immobilization to heal do?

The post is called warriors running in circles which is the problem i have been focusing on lately. I could be wrong, i guess we need bobs clarification.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:54 pm 

if you add more damage to magery i guess that could fix warrior vs mage. How about warrior vs warrior? The flaw would still be there. Aswell as how mages can cast anything they please in a fight without difficulty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:21 pm 

warrior vs warrior... add more healing fails and use your walls more strategically + good weps= no running in circles.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 pm 

Add more damage to mages and have warriors die easier and in an unpreventable manner?

Why not just have players unable to move for a second when bandy healing and mages un able to move for 1.5 seconds when casting summoning spells?

The skillful will do better with this system which should be the idea behind all changes regarding pvp.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:46 pm 

warrior fights have always been slow... who remembers seeing ffas in haven where the fight went on forever and they had to take armor off eventually? warrior fights come down to gear and band aids like always whats different now than before?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, let me clarify one thing.
Quote:
This is bob's attempting to meet the brain-dead portion of the shard halfway.

If it's warriors vs warriors, there shouldn't BE room to run in circles, because two stonewall pots give you a 2 x 2 area to fight in if you do it right.

Likewise mages should be trying to avoid stonewalls, not putting them up.

However being as that much skill has been woefully gone from the shard for a pretty long time, i've pretty much given up on factoring certain skill levels into my balance patch and choose instead to purposefully give a huge advantage to the few people who decide to get off their butt and use the tools available to them. And i used stonewalls as an example, if people used all the different skill-based techniques that are available to them, most of the "problems" would go away.
Sorry but i've had that bottled up for awhile.
So we're ignoring the stonewall+stonewall for balance because that's a technique, which people aren't "required" to know, as evident by the recent bitching.

Resume discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 pm 

If you're calling me brain dead, then go f*** yourself. If not, I apologize.

Maybe when you get the time you should hop online and grab a few players and do some testing without walls or other items that are simply there for technique to find your balance?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next