It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 pm 

I agree with 502Dude.
Im positive if you (or sparger for that matter) hosted some type of testing event a lot of people would join. I would.
Could even gear us up for wider testing and nuke our packs at the end.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:20 am 
Site Admin

was already planning on doing that next week or later this week, as soon as i can for sure set a day i can be online for it. It's looking like sunday, but i'm still waiting on one job to clear.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Ok, let me clarify one thing.
Quote:
This is bob's attempting to meet the brain-dead portion of the shard halfway.

If it's warriors vs warriors, there shouldn't BE room to run in circles, because two stonewall pots give you a 2 x 2 area to fight in if you do it right.

Likewise mages should be trying to avoid stonewalls, not putting them up.

However being as that much skill has been woefully gone from the shard for a pretty long time, i've pretty much given up on factoring certain skill levels into my balance patch and choose instead to purposefully give a huge advantage to the few people who decide to get off their butt and use the tools available to them. And i used stonewalls as an example, if people used all the different skill-based techniques that are available to them, most of the "problems" would go away.
Sorry but i've had that bottled up for awhile.
So we're ignoring the stonewall+stonewall for balance because that's a technique, which people aren't "required" to know, as evident by the recent bitching.

Resume discussion.
Bro, You can't avoid a stonewall as a mage in a fight.. and magery can not out damage a warrior spaming healing..you can paralyze but magery damage is weak imo. A mage to win a fight has to polly or bring out summons which I think is dumb enough...put it back where FS actually scared warriors.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:38 pm 

Not true rippa.
However i'll agree on the FS part, it only does slightly more dmg than an e-bolt for double the mana, what happend to hitting for up to -63?? Its hard enough to get a FS off in a fight, fizzles way too easily, and not worth the mana/damage ratio.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
fs was never the most effiecient spell i thought... but it is a cool as finisher ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:34 pm 

Quote:
fs was never the most effiecient spell i thought... but it is a cool as finisher ^_^
it was very very efficient..actually it was the best spell for a mage before deadly poison era... people like to say Fs was a finisher because they like to think they had skills but FS was reliable before the poison era and during the poison era and during any pvp fight...it hit hard and yes people resisted it (high Resist)but not every single FS (like they do now or it does shitty damage)... Fs was a finisher (true) because you knew that the player will not get past 60 hp on a bandie and fs hit before any type of healing (mage with good timing) but Pkers would use FS to hunt noobs they knew their resist would not be high so FS was a widely used spell..regardless of what anyone would tell you Fs was my favorite spell to hunt npcs with and pk or gank etc...

And light does shit damage now based on spell cast time.....should do more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm 

bob when your in a 3x3 square, which is as small as you can make it (not 2x2) you can still run circles. When in this 3x3 square there is no way to strategically wall them where they can't avoid poison.

I think im one of the better pvpers on this shard and once tank healing is fixed, possibly the best. I use walls to trap them but they can simply run over me with ease. Its not a matter of us being poor pvpers its a matter of us being limited in our ability due to pvp aspects becoming luck dependent or material dependent.

However i do see few people using walls strategically. I think this is due to the people who wanted a skill requiring system left, leaving the materialistic pvpers. They then become majority, therefore having their way.

If you make pvp depend anymore on how much shit you have i will quit. Especially if you do it to cope with the skilless players on this shard.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:37 pm 

i think you have a point on materials I hate being materialistic... lol but you are opposed to changing poison..I like to take poison pots out of pvp period...make it so it poisons weapons (poison spell should remain the same).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 pm 

Nerdsayer reread what bob posted. It says pots (as in plural) not a single potion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:56 pm 

Quote:
i think you have a point on materials I hate being materialistic... lol but you are opposed to changing poison..I like to take poison pots out of pvp period...make it so it poisons weapons (poison spell should remain the same).

Yep that would be cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:13 pm 

Quote:
Nerdsayer reread what bob posted. It says pots (as in plural) not a single potion.
I have no idea what your talking about

As far as making poisoning apply to weps, I wouldnt like that. This again would be a luck pending system and theres really two things that i like about this shard that are unique. Its wall pots and its poison system.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:27 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
umm well yes there were fs spammers and it was a good spell... but it wasn't effiecient comparatively to lightning..
then agaain i did play a tank most of the time soooo maybe thats why lol
but even against me the lightning worked better then fs.... i fizzled fs 75% of the time with p pots b4.... its slooow
waste of mana most of the time.. only scared people and thats why I thought...
unless in gank situation..

thats just my opinion.. and as i said i was a tank 90% of the time.....

anyway back to topic..
warriors running in circle with no weps healing.... sucks... very boring.... very hard to out damage... needs to be fixed lol

I think healing should start at 3 secs base time and then no + for weps so people disequipping and just healing wont be a problem...
1 hand weps + sheild give 2 seconds anyway... same as a 2 handed wep.. so it wont unbalance that at all.. if anyone was thinking that -_- annd no one goes around with no weapon fighting in pvp sooo the base time was already basically 4 seconds anyway
and pvm mages would stay EXACTLY the same, because they use 1 second sheilds which would make there base 3 + the magery.. soooo everything works out from what i thought of in 5 seconds

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:35 pm 

what im getting mostly out of this is nerdslayer has a bloated ego and likes to whine like my 4 yr old niece.

poisoning weapons is how it should be to begin with being able to heal and cure at the same time should stay the same. increase healing by 10% so people with pvms arent whining and have the delays like what chips said that sounds pretty reasonable to me if you ask me...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:59 am 

I agree with wes.. p pots is bs.. every since it was introduced hated the system and the need for tons of materials... where poisoning weapons will have the same effect...except that you have to be gmed to make a deadly poison and put it on a weapon it will also make weapons erode faster which will increase the need of Gm smiths who will sell Gm crafted weapons. Everyone wins...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:01 pm 

Quote:
umm well yes there were fs spammers and it was a good spell... but it wasn't effiecient comparatively to lightning..
then agaain i did play a tank most of the time soooo maybe thats why lol
but even against me the lightning worked better then fs.... i fizzled fs 75% of the time with p pots b4.... its slooow
waste of mana most of the time.. only scared people and thats why I thought...
unless in gank situation..

thats just my opinion.. and as i said i was a tank 90% of the time.....
which is why p pots suck imo takes no skill to throw one or to time one...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next