It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:57 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: healing
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:47 pm 

What changes have been done to healing? I have tried hunting a few times and have had to kite monsters I could stand toe to toe with and fight before. Thanks

Yadayada - fisher, alchemist
Sam the slayer - PVM mage

"The only way to avoid discrimination is to wipe everyone out in one swift stroke."
"You know you are really bored when you start play 2 tables of poker and running through hythloth l4 picking locks."
Dracula wrote - " believe in god anymore? who ever did.. your religious leaders dont.. they bang kids and take your money.. " *cheers*

Post subject: Re: healing
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:51 pm 

its been messed up a little by bob, you will want to gm anatomy to make sure your healing the best you can.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:11 pm 

I think that there is a greater delay now with magery. And it is true that pvm mages aren't half as good as they used to be. I used to be able to solo deamons now i have a tough time with elder gazers. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:26 am 

Quote:
I think that there is a greater delay now with magery. And it is true that pvm mages aren't half as good as they used to be. I used to be able to solo deamons now i have a tough time with elder gazers. :roll:
no, no, the amount you heal got nerfed on everyone, healing with bandies and healing with spells. but polys did get a little more hit...something combined with wrestling, too lazy to look in recent changelogs to find.

polys are a little weaker but bob said he has a little upgrade coming to help them a hair. they still are good hunters though.

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:26 am 

Not even half as good as they used to be.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:46 am 

Quote:
Not even half as good as they used to be.
lil exagerated

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:51 pm 

Not really, i used to solo black gate deamons sure id have to run away to heal every once in a while but now i have to do that with elder gazers ffs. If you don't think that is a major decline i don't know what is.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:46 am 

no offense. but i play alot..straight through all the changes, its definitly alot worse, just not "less the half as good as they used to be", but ill wait and see what bob said he was going to change before i bitch anymore.

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
I know it was the same thing that effected polys and tanks...
I dont have a poly but have a tank...

if the same decline happened to polys as did tanks.. yes they are HALF as good... if that....

tanks are useless now.... ask deathwish... just sucks b/c my fav. character is unplayable now (sub zero)

that really hurt me playing time wise....

w.e is coming to pvms.. hope it effects tanks also... :|

needless to say... everyone wants healing back to where it was.... i'm sure....
it's a BIT late for balance changes....we all can agree... if bugs were concentrated on I think we would be more happy as a community.. (even tho most bugs are gone) the changes made to everyone's characters proly annoyed people alot more then the bugs that were fixed....

just saying healing is anther example...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:57 am 

Yah... I miss using hemlock to pvp... I loved using a dex warrior to fight mages. I used to be able to outheal two mages mana dumping with a dex pot and no wep on me. I can't even use him now.. It's bad

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:02 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
Quote:
Yah... I miss using hemlock to pvp... I loved using a dex warrior to fight mages. I used to be able to outheal two mages mana dumping with a dex pot and no wep on me. I can't even use him now.. It's bad
we all remember that :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:40 pm 

Bob's initial development direction when he first began his development vision was to make PvE more group-centric.

Obsidian had got to the stage where many players (especially Demon-Poly mages) were solo grinding tough monsters often on lower levels of the dungeons. This is certainly not in the spirit of the game.

I personally like the idea of the game being balanced to promote pair/group play. We just need to make sure that monster loot is balanced to reflect that.

Hint: notice the complaints about solo healing being 'nerfed'. Have you not considered that crosshealing works much better for a reason? Just as in other mmorpgs, solo healing is inferior to healing from someone else.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:27 pm 

Quote:
Bob's initial development direction when he first began his development vision was to make PvE more group-centric.

Obsidian had got to the stage where many players (especially Demon-Poly mages) were solo grinding tough monsters often on lower levels of the dungeons. This is certainly not in the spirit of the game.

I personally like the idea of the game being balanced to promote pair/group play. We just need to make sure that monster loot is balanced to reflect that.

Hint: notice the complaints about solo healing being 'nerfed'. Have you not considered that crosshealing works much better for a reason? Just as in other mmorpgs, solo healing is inferior to healing from someone else.
There are 2 things wrong with this imo. One is that some people just prefer to hunt alone and should not be reduced to fighting lizard men and orcs and gaining only ruin weapons because of it. I do believe that some dungeons should be more difficult and require group hunting but that is why dungeons have levels. Not all dungeons should require a group. Two perhaps polly mages were a bit overpowered if some of the monsters they were capable of soloing were considered "hard" But is reducing them to half, (or in some other opinions not quite half but still much lower,) the answer? Especially considering the time, effort and resources that went into them.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:40 pm 

Quote:

2 things also:

1-crosshealing is the same as solo healing now , been that way for a while now.

2- polys were overpowered..BUT, they are also super easy to kill. and if the shard ever gets players , then it would be bad to take polys out ever to hunt or you would die fast with all the pkers

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:41 pm 

Yeh my tank is useless now, I'm just saying f*** it and dropping his swords and going back to full pvm, guess I'll stick to what I've done for 6 years...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next