It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next

Should there be RunestoneChamber for Pks?
Yes  51%  [ 36 ]
No  49%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 71
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:24 pm 
Be Wise when u chose plz
in my case the vote is yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:25 pm 
I vote yes: don't punish the many for the actions of a few...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:27 pm 
this should be interesting..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:29 pm 
The actions of the few are punishing the many anyway (serial PKing craftsman for instance). If PKers are ticked off that they lost privileges, then they can take it out on those responsible and hope to eventually gain back what they lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:33 pm 
Quote:
The actions of the few are punishing the many anyway (serial PKing craftsman for instance). If PKers are ticked off that they lost privileges, then they can take it out on those responsible and hope to eventually gain back what they lost.
I really don't like that logic, nem. That would be like punishing all of us blue guys because a few of them exploit bugs and such. And I know that this does happen :) .

I don't like double standards: why punish all reds because of a few, when the same punishment would never be applied to all blues?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:49 pm 
Just banning the abusers would be the best way to deal with the issue. I understand the double standard and don't really like it myself, but having a special Runechamber for their little PKer club almost seems like a bonus for them.

Almost everywhere can be reached with no problem on foot or horseback so it really is not a very big punishment. When the Runechamber was down for reconstruction, we all went about our business just fine anyway. The only issue I see with it is accessing the Vendor Lodge.

Broadband came by the Covetous mine last week to have a little chat when I was getting serial PKed by Zodiac. I saw him walking through the trees and up to the mine. I asked him "Why don't you have a horse?" His response: "why would god need a horse". This is not a democracy, everyone on Obsidian can vote yes on this and it will not guarantee anything. Broadbands word is final...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:10 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Pking is part of the game witch I found out rather expensively,but cheating in the chamber is taking liberties and should not be tolerated,never the less the chamber should be for all players but some sad people do take advantage of it,I vote yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:12 am 
All most all pkeres are mages. All u have to do is make a necro give him gold and regs and mark where u want to go. But I do feel sorry for warriors that cant recall. I mean that limits your pking alot unless u have alot of free time to run to places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:50 am 
Quote:
but having a special Runechamber for their little PKer club almost seems like a bonus for them.
Hmm club?
Pkers are agasint each others, they just usualy stay in pairs or a pack of 3.

Pk'ing is part of the game, ALL of us here lived a age of awfull pk'ing, the past was awfull too, why white bags couldn't be attacked.

Btw BB, why not using this rule again, white bags can't be killed, or make a script which shows the name (newby) after the name of a person.
(while he's a hwite bag)
so craftmans couldn't get killed, since technicly they stay white.
(like it was before)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:03 am 
There was a good reason why alot of ppl stoped playing UO (Origin)...

Damn Trammel, damn it to hell... damn la la land...

So plz dont make the same mistake twice, 1 world 1 nation 1 people err or atleast 1 server with the same rules for everyone...

Btw im blue and dont take sides ingame, i consider myself a opportunist...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:16 am 
Strangely....I voted yes...
I think there is no reason that pkers shouldn't be able to travel around...even if they do pk miners and craftsmen. It's allowed as part of the game to be a pker, so they shouldn't be victimized. I will, however, kill any pker who kills a miner. So will a lot of other people. This should be "punishment" enough for their actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:43 am 
nice joint lister

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:45 am 
I don't think that their Rune Chamber priviliges should have been revoked as it is.....

I think that PKers hanging around in Rune Chambers is quite accurate to life in that people who attack other people are not necessarily going to do it an an honourable manner, they will use every opportunity and cheap tactic that they can exploit to gain the upper hand for themsleves, this is life, and in life there are some places I try to avoid from being attcked....t just so happened that the Rune Chamber was the very central and most active area in this world.....I suppose it is only fair that the law be laid down and that PKing should be clamped down on as violence is in life....

So yeah, another chamber for these people that normal people cannot access

GD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:53 am 
pking is a part of this game..............just like career as a worker or a fighter....................anywqay...............obsidian suck so much now..........what they call balanced thing is actually unbalance...........everything is favorable to old player and one kind of player................byebye obsidian...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:57 am 
I voted yes to have a seperate runechamber. I also think Wind should be tunred into a Red town in which the guards do not attack Reds but attack Blues and maybe Grays. BTW I only play as a Blue.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next