It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]

Pking should be encouraged.
Yes  67%  [ 26 ]
No  18%  [ 7 ]
STFU u n00b  15%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 39
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:17 pm 
I've realized that there is no real problem with pking on this shard. I had a look at another shard, and I got pk'd about 9 times in the 20min I was looking around. I wasn't even wearing anything good (everything was gone after the second pk...inc my shoes). I'm going to create a guild. It will protect craftsmen from pkers. Newbies have 2 weeks to learn how to avoid pkers, so there should be no problem there. Where are the order guilds, stopping pkers? I think pking should be encouraged, as a form of roleplaying (of course, pking warriors, not people who can't even fight back). People should choose sides. Pker's + Protectors (and bystanders).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:24 pm 
Couldn't agree more. Other shards I've taken a peek at even have forums devoted entirely to PKing.

Right now this shard has what, three regularly active PKers? (CoKane, Primal, and Mythrandir). I'm sure that there's others (Slug for ex) but these are the guys you hear about the most, though sometimes for the wrong reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:28 pm 
Ah Mister Lister Sir, I agree. Kinda like the god guys, bad guys and civilina type thing? I was thinking that's what we lack, civilian type characters, I reckon non fighting characters should be able to get houses cheaper to promote player made towns of craftsmen and miners, etc. That'd be way cool, PKers vs Protectors, but I reckon we're missing something... a mercenaries guild... not seen one yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:28 pm 
I agree too, pk'ing was awesome before, so much wars and Britain Bridge being taken by pkers, was so great!

But unfortunatly, they isn't 2 powerful guilds in obsidian right now that can kill anyone and both fight each others at the same time, like before, hope it will happen in the futur tho :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:32 pm 
well i thought thered be a big order chaos thing going on back a month ago when impe and i got together a bunch of players but it didnt happen but one little skirmish at brit bank.

I think that if lister wants to PM me or aim me ill join his protectors guild ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:15 pm 
Quote:
I agree too, pk'ing was awesome before, so much wars and Britain Bridge being taken by pkers, was so great!
i liked it too and i would like to reproduce it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:39 pm 
Definately there should be PK'ing, but it needs to be role played.
Brigands, Thieves, Evil Lords seeking Kinghood, Insane evil monks, all sorts of things like that would be awesome.

Good vs. Evil battles, bridge taking, mafia hits (with reason) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:04 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
If you want to encourage it, there should be STRONG negatived toward doing it, but for those who do it WELL as in who do it in a roleplaying fashion, there should be strong benifits to doing it well.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Last edited by CyberVic on Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:06 pm 
Apparently some people think you're a n00b, Lister :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:20 am 
Lister is a noob ;)

PKing is encouraged, the thing that's not encouraged is greedy PKers that go around killing willy nilly for no ryme or reason, creating havok for the newbs, and doing it specifically to get rich by murder.

If you want to pick on miners and newbs, give them the old fashioned stickup, your valuables or your life. If you think they are holding out on you kill them.

If you want to make money killing people, open an assasin for hire business, let people know that you are willing to take contract kills, and that they can contact you through the message board PM system.

And for all those that love the rush of war and death I sudjest you help me gain power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:40 am 
6 ppl say I'm a n00b. lol..... :lol:
Anyway...players should start fighting back against pkers, not complaining. For example, last night I was browsing the forums while in Obsidian. Clicked back to Obsidian to find myself dead. Myth had killed me. The thing was....I had nothing....absolutely nothing on me. He cackled evily, looked through my corpse and said "DAMMIT....you've nothing good". That teaches him to pk me. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:10 am 
I got 18k bounty on my head and nobody thinks i'm a pk...weird :P

PKs who pick on miners are exceptions. They also tend to be assholes when they're not PKing miners. Staff picks on PKers because they know a couple of assholes, instead of punishing the assholes for being assholes

being a PKer isn't easy. Especially since once you've found a good PKing spot, you start hanging around it, and other PKers take it out on you

Yes, 5% of shard's population whines about getting PKed and threatens to leave. It's utopic to think those 5% aren'T whiny retards who threaten to quit every month

it's fun getting PKed, even tho we don't realize it until much later. makes us want to play more. On shards where you can't pk for shit anywhere, you have no incencitive to get better. I,ll get better and what, brag about having 7x gm skills at bank, only to have someone beat me by saying bank balance? wtf is that view of UO

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]