Forum locked Post a reply Page 8 of 9   [ 132 posts ]
Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next

Dai to be taken out of staff member?
Yes  19%  [ 8 ]
No  81%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 43
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:26 am 

Blinkers I agree with you 110%, I've seen Hellboy around cove GY, picking fights and yes my char has killed his ass for lootin kids in GY and being a complete dick.. This thread should have never started and I think it should be deleted. End of story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:36 am 
I must say this group of "invaluable" players are sounding like a pack of donkeys. Tho I can't say I've ever heard them beeing mentioned as great until now...

Oh yea, delete the thread someone, I'll give ya a cookie? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:45 am 
WOW, its amazing how quickly something like this can pile up.

Dai: i think you were completely in the right, you dont shouldnt have to deal with this type of shit. i admire you patience with this whole issue. just reading this thread made me angry. i cant imagine trying to deal with it in "person". keep up the good work. just dont .kill me or i will start a huge mess causing everyone a lot of grief (lol)

Hellboy and Co.: please settle down. thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:51 am 
Jesus....I sleep for 6 hours and this post appears with 8 pages? That's gotta be a record. But seriously...Dai is an amazing staff member.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:11 am 
Hellboy... I don't like you. You're a waste of bandwidth. That being said... I'll explain why... you're rude... obnoxious... and inconsiderate. Not to mention you think you're the big kid on the block when lemme tell u right now YOU'RE NOT. You loot n00bs and claim it to be in the spirit of the game and bla bla bla.

STFU... Play the f****** game. If you don't wanna play... FINE! I'm sure as f*** not going to miss ur sorry ass when the digital door hits u in the ass.

Now normally I don't like to flame people unless I have a reason. I'm a pretty good guy overall... I like hittin the ladies... I like drinkin... I like to party... but u a-holes that come in here and think u own shit when you have only been here for a couple days should get banned quicker that anyone can .kill you. U better kick in and show some respect BEFORE anyone shows you any... or be ready to find yourself banned... blocked... and flamed until you're in a 6 foot hole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:15 am 
OMG lister ive just woke us well, I missed a fair bit it appears.

Well here is my 2 cents (ive read tha majority of the psts in this thread)

I came onto this shard as a total UO noob when the torrent was released on Supernova (like loads of you guys) and Dai was totally amazing as a Councelor. He gave grear advice and was extremly keen to improve this shard, he then went onto create a few Sunday quests that again improved the feel good and adrenaline factor of the game (yep it is a game). He is now a seer and i say that is a great move and hope he goes higher in the ranks.

On this current situation i created a new char 2 weeks ago and have been hanging around cove trying to help out and give away armour and in general give some advice, so i have seen a fair bit of the direspect Hellboy gives to fellow players this guy is a menace to the shard only yesterday he bitched all the way through an event at Councy Platinum because things were not going fair ( i mean it was 3 against me and he was still unhappy) he cursed and used expletives constantly. He bullys fellow noobs all the time grinding them into quiting the shard i dont know if anyone has noticed but the numbers have dwindled a bit again and i'm fairly sure its because of all the going son in cove, This is why there are so many Noob events now and why there are nearly always councelors in cove.
Valor has been puting notices up constantly for us all to see regarding respecting staff, it has obviously got to a point where an example has to be made, and with BB away just now i applaud what Dai has done and am very happy that Blinkers has given him his backing.

I really hate to think of Vets leaving this shard, and hope no one does but come on guys dont threaten to quit because you are unhappy with one decision (or you dislike for a staff member) you are better than that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:44 am 
I think that the staff should simple ignore hellboy, if he needs help too bad. Let him solve his own problems, since he is not willing to let the staff do thier jobs. If his actions break the rules jail him. Otherwise let him whine to the open air.

Koshia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:48 am 
Ignorance is the best policy here, saw hellboy challenging Lancelot at vesper bank saying hes all str and that hes crap in pvp.
Just ignore the guy, hes here for two minutes and hes already causing trouble, if he gets stuck or pk'ed somewhere let him solve his own problems.
If he doesnt respect the staff and what they do, then the staff should not help him in anyway.
If he persists to be an A**hole then ban him :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:36 am 
hahaha...and i thought this was a game ? :p

anyway...really this place shouldnt be treated so seriously. I have an alternative character who is supposed to be acting the good guy but i did something stupid and killed a looter in the GY. So i got questioned in jail by some new counciler (i asked Dai whilst in my jail later! - as u do!) and yes the new counciler came across a bit arrogant and verbally rude but these guys are in charge at the end of the day. Just like real life you have a boss that you probably dislike because of this but you understand why they have to be forcefull sometimes.

I've had no problems whatsoever with Dai - these guys keep the place together so keep slaping those idiots who break the rules (esp the looter killers like me ;) ). I took my jail punishment and shall contiinue as normal trying to act out the good guy. Its only a game folks - some have to be players, some have to be the boss (wo)men and some have to be the rude arrogant boss (wo)men. Deal with it or go and play on Disneyworld Shard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:55 am 
I'm new here but I for one believe that age and experience alone does not justify your behaviour or whatever decisions that you choose to take. Using that as basis for your actions and threatening words will not invoke any goodwill towards your cause.

I totally agree with Duo in that some guidelines should be written down in black and white regarding three matters
1) Events & Quests
2) Behaviour towards staff
2) Cove (and behaviour in towns in general)
since we have an influx of newbies like myself, many come in not knowing the boundaries and continue to push them.
With these rules, Saitek will not have to spend 30min to explain his actions. Just tell the offender to visit the link or whatever. This can be included in the Shard Manual or FAQ.

The rules of conduct are cool and cover most of everything but the issue is that it is long and kinda messy. Having it categorised would make for more enjoyable reading.

Ok this is going to sound gay but bear with me because I believe generally, it's universal truth wherever you go.

Kindness begets kindness
For the those weaker in command of the English language, please refer to this chart:

If you have an issue, cursing and hurling abuses will not work. And I believe Rule 17 in the Rules of Conduct already forbids players from posting such content in the forums. The staff works hard to keep this shard going. They do not have to waste their time in the game entertaining unconstructive insults or claims when it could be better served answering a page of a player who truly needs their help, or for GM's to sort out bugs, plan quests and organise events.

Let's start with a short set of rules and maybe we can start a new post and make it sticky when constructive suggestions are posted.

OMG i'm going to get pk'ed for sticking my neck out and voicing such gay ideas
:lol: But i think a little humour might do us some good in such blistering heat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:09 am 
Dai's a nice guy
fer abusing staff u deserve wat u got

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:10 am 
Dai made a mistake... should have used .ban :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:33 am 

Heres a simple rule alot of people have problems to understand.
NO pking or looting in cove or cove GY, for me it doesn't matter if the guy you kill got low karma (afterall hes a newbie and maybe dont have a clue his karma is low), and no! it doesn't matter if you are outside the fence and loots someone who are inside the fence, its still illegal to the rule of common sense.

my 2 cents.
i would also like to thank all the nice players out there (90% of the population) who treats other players and staff with respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:01 am 

You are so fucken lucky i'm not on as my counselor right now, i'd bann you so quick, first of all, if you have a problem with staff, u dont come on here and call them bitches and complain with a damn poll, u go to BB or blinkers or Jorus. it's no one's business but ur own and dais and second, Dai isn't abusing her powers, she knows how to play this game and she knows the rules...dude, u really gotta get ur head straight, good luck in the future tho, lmao

Cleetus - GM tailor
Xzero - GM fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:44 am 
but u a-holes that come in here and think u own shit when you have only been here for a couple days should get banned quicker that anyone can .kill you. U better kick in and show some respect BEFORE anyone shows you any... or be ready to find yourself banned... blocked... and flamed until you're in a 6 foot hole.[/quote]

Man i dont know u, but really u are talking too much crap!!!! HOw long have you been in this shard man? Aragon has not been here couple of days, he has played this shard for almost 3 years now!! I think that makes him a good veteran.... Besides like i said before where were you pppl when the shard was down!! Aragorn and the others playing at that time, were trying to revive this shard, they were paging BB alot to make it better. You might not think this is worth nothing, but in reality is that they had great faith on the shard, they had the choice to leave the shard to play in a shard like Xuo.. but they didnt. So plz reconsider what u saying. Im done fighting, now i will try to discuss everything peacefully.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 8 of 9   [ 132 posts ]
Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next