It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:24 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Neromancy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:07 pm 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Necro skill: Discuss!

What is unbalanced? How would you fix it.

Please keep posts short and sweet.

Post subject: Re: Neromancy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:08 pm 
Game Admin

Ability to poison at GM lvl with 0 poisoning skill isn't fair.

Solution: Poisoning isn't a necromancy skill and always requires regs to use.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:12 pm 

Sounds good

I think necros need to use regs for all spells.

A mage going outside and dying loses so much more than a necro. I dont think it's fair how all they need is dex pots and mana pots to win a fight. Killing them is pointless. But that's just my opinion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:16 am 

For starters I believe necro fixing should be left to bob due to the fact bob knows all the negatives as well he added to keep them balanced changing 1 thing would severally unbalance them.
Now that i got that out of the way I personally think they are already balanced but if you insist on changing them and ruining em id at least like to add feedback.
Quote:
Ability to poison at GM lvl with 0 poisoning skill isn't fair.

Solution: Poisoning isn't a necromancy skill and always requires regs to use.
This is a sensitive one for me because i dropped gm poisoning for this and this would practically nullify my choice and cause me alot of money loss due to the fact that staff were being inconsistent and since players were not at fault it is unfair.
As for reason i believe this is balanced is hallucination in real life is caused due to a poison entering your body so it is technically a necro spell. It does not cost any regs but it does cost 30 mana to use just for 1 spell which is nullified at the click of 1 heal. It is not even worth casting it as a necro more than once in a battle. Also it does not need poisoning skill but it does need 90 spirit speak to use and spirit speak only affects necros secondary abilities and cause them to not freeze for 4-5 seconds from each spell so it seems like it just replaces that skill slot used.
Quote:
Sounds good

I think necros need to use regs for all spells.

A mage going outside and dying loses so much more than a necro. I dont think it's fair how all they need is dex pots and mana pots to win a fight. Killing them is pointless. But that's just my opinion
I dont agree with necros needing regs ever since start of necros when jorus created them the main point of them were to have them be reg less. That would remove the point in having a necro it would make them just like mages which doesnt make sense. But I do agree they do need some type of monetary loss. Maybe have it change to tithing like chivalry is. Each spell cost certain amount of gp so would not be totally free when they pvp and will not need to gather resources just gold.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:08 pm 

poisoning with halu also is semi random its not 13 hp loss every time most of the time its like 7 for me.

also if you add regs to necros the mana costs of spells needs to be changed. along with being frozen in place after a cast. adding regs will in my mind make the class alot different just because most of the spells they have that are kinda the same need to be re-worked... iunno i just have one and mainly 1 person is complaining about them...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:50 pm 

Quote:
poisoning with halu also is semi random its not 13 hp loss every time most of the time its like 7 for me.

also if you add regs to necros the mana costs of spells needs to be changed. along with being frozen in place after a cast. adding regs will in my mind make the class alot different just because most of the spells they have that are kinda the same need to be re-worked... iunno i just have one and mainly 1 person is complaining about them...
Actually Shadow is complaining too :lol:

But yea, Necros don't need to be fixed at all.

I just learnt what it takes to dmg a lot with a necro, and it ain't easy if you intend to pvp seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:21 pm 

im glad most of you see the truth :P thats why i wanted necros to be kept to bob only. This was jorus project and ment alot to him when he handed the project over to bob i forgot the promise bob made exactly to jorus but thats why i feel like it should be only bob who works on necros.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:37 am 

It's just the fact that necros lose barely anything in battle if they die, while a mage loses a shit ton of stuff.

Give them something to lose, make it worth while for someone to kill a necro outside. I'd rather kill a crafter than a necro for more loot plus theres no chance of dying with 1 spell.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:36 am 

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
Here is a suggestion :-)

A necro at GM is deadly without a doubt, able to do damage of 120hp!! How about adjusting the damage according to a combo of spells? makes it more fun to pvp with instead of doing a firewhip/go invis spam

For example

adjust spells to

Draina mana + Drain stamina + deathflame = firewhip (120hp damage)

Or other combos

Any thoughts?

P.S increase necro gains to this idea, I would enjoy the idea of a fast necro gain system, which leads to damage depending on player skills and tactics and how they use there spells rather than 1 spell that takes so long to gain..problem is it would suck for the guys who have already at Gm Necro :-(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:18 pm 

I agree with ody

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:21 pm 

make a necro and then start talking about them

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:16 pm 

I have a necro, and I am talking about them

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:17 pm 

And it shouldnt matter if I have a necro, I dont care how long it takes, you made them for free.

Cant train a mage for free

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:04 am 

id rather train 2 mages than 1 necro any day of the week. there is no such thing as free. Time = Money. in the time I gm necro I could hunt and gm mage 2x easily

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:19 pm 

I have a good bit of experience fighting necromancers, and actually have an easier time with my mage, purely because I can spam healing unlike a warrior.

They are pretty easy to kill, but they can also drop you pretty damn fast too. Yeah it does kind of suck that they don't really need much in the way of loot, but without mythril armor they are just that much easier to kill.

As far as warriors go, just don't go outside in shit you're not willing to lose, simple as that. A set of shadow armor and a might weapon will do you just fine.

As far as I can tell they are balanced pretty well, however I agree its unfair to be able to go out with nothing but a wiz hat and have the *potential* to kill anyone.

Suggestion; add something they need to have to cast spells. Plain gold would be fine in my opinion, not that it would consume gold to cast, but that it simply must be in your pack, like 1k for Light 5k for Death Flame and 10k for Flame Whip, that way if they don't die its still "free" to cast but then they die you get something.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next