It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:25 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
necro does not seem to be gaining either if you are low level been trying to raise it all day with a mere 1% gain on a 10 % necro using light where as my other skills are 60 % gained like med >.> also i am still looking for the mysterious person called Bob :mrgreen:
Even if there are people that can change things and put the work in for it . he still needs to give the permission for it in making people staff,
Is there any1 who can reach him though is the next question else you will be posting here pretty much
until next year :) like i have been waiting for my chars to be sorted out lol
Even if he's to busy with other things there are still people who want to work for it.
it would be a shame now to let it dust away

猿も木から落ちる

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:58 pm 

Hey shooter , go to wind and find a necromancer called drake and buy necro skills from him,
He will train u up to 27 or so then u gotta use reconstruct and will be easier for gains

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:09 pm 

ahhh yeah thank you for the information earlier on ,
And i will be checking the npc out later today. even though its a work around
Been messing around with a lot of skills today and it feels very unbalanced though
with skill gains. just wanted to be brought up in here since this is the right spot for it
because the more i play the weirder things i find lol
there are a lot of things that could use the attention

Anyways thanks again for the tip my friend i appreciate it

猿も木から落ちる

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:48 pm 

Quote:
ahhh yeah thank you for the information earlier on ,
And i will be checking the npc out later today. even though its a work around
Been messing around with a lot of skills today and it feels very unbalanced though
with skill gains. just wanted to be brought up in here since this is the right spot for it
because the more i play the weirder things i find lol
there are a lot of things that could use the attention

Anyways thanks again for the tip my friend i appreciate it
It's not unbalanced, it just changed. Basically now you only gain using higher skill things...
So for crafting u have to craft the higher skill item.
For magery you have to cast the higher spell.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:16 am 

i understand this completely but like i said if the only skill you can cast is set at 0.1
and you need to gain 20skill for the next spell its going to be hard to get that skill :)
you should never be wasting a complete day from 1 % skill when you are only 10 % in something

猿も木から落ちる

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:41 am 

Quote:
i understand this completely but like i said if the only skill you can cast is set at 0.1
and you need to gain 20skill for the next spell its going to be hard to get that skill :)
you should never be wasting a complete day from 1 % skill when you are only 10 % in something
Well that's why there's vendors where you buy at least 10% skill from

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:25 pm 

Quote:
Good list, let's go from the top. If there's no comment on something, assume i don't see a problem with it, although that won't mean it'll go in unaltered, just means nothing pops out at first glance:

PvP:

Necromancers:
-Damage of Firewhip has to be changed. Sometimes Firewhip damages for 120+hp and it’s ridiculous. We would like that the max dmg should be capped at 80 (As per capped we mean capped, not that it has always to dmg 80) This is the type of suggestion I like seeing and was expecting when I gave everyone thier assignments awhile back. It says what's wrong, why they think it's wrong, -AND- a way to fix it, which makes it much simpler for me to start from. 80 cap could be feasible, i'll have to look at it
-Firewhip delay has to have a cap. We noticed that players with high dex can cast 3 firewhips in a row with no delay. No mage, warrior nor pvm can survive to such spam. Please fix this matter, put at least a 2 or 3 second delay to it even if dex is really high.

Dispel / Mass Dispel:
-Hitting polymorph is really ridiculous, it really makes no sense and also makes the Bloodi Magi skillrace useless Elaborate here, hitting how, doing what, which blood magi skill? Are you arguing dispel shouldn't hit polymorph at all?
Swordsmanship:
-This skill has become useless. Everyone uses fencing, because the dmg and hit rate of sword weps is too low. There are weps like cutlasses or scimitars that even if Vanq, do little or no dmg. This has to be fixed. So how would you like things changed? Suggested values?

Mace Fighting:
-Same as swords, this skill is too unbalanced compared to fencing, and again there are some hit rates and dmg that are too unbalanced compared to fencing. For example, you have a higher chance to get hit with higher dmg from a pitchfork than a war hammer. Which ones? How would you like it fixed?

Archery:
-Yew and Charred bows are extremely powerful, the dmg needs to be nerfed a little bit. I said Yew and Charred, but overall all of the bows are too powerful compared to the dropped ones. Economy wise, it would be cool if dropped bows would be removed completely and crafters could actually craft those bows with magical attributes having a set of skill like: Gm Fletching, Gm Magery and for example Poisoning to make poison bows, etc. Could be cool, there was a subsystem idea in the works at one point to have magic drops be refined for parts to craft magic weapons. So how far is a "little bit" of a nerf?

PvM:

Drops:
-Daemon bones are too easy to obtain, in 1 hunt, cleaning hythlot lvl 3 you can potentially end up with 1k bones easy. How much would you like to see it reduced? Numbers here would be useful if you think 1k is too much, but 600 would be great, that'd give me a starting viewpoint
-Some bosses don’t drop enough gold - timewise, also because the chance of getting a rare is really really low. For example: To kill Skittering Horror it takes roughly 20 minutes, if you hunt in Destard for 20 minutes you can potentially end up with 7-10k, when u kill Skittering Horror you only get 3. Bosses were never designed to be huge gold farms, but for their specific items and quest purposes.
-Armor drops should be removed - bone armor included (Re-enable it on tinkering) This will help stimulate the economy. Potentially for the future, but economy isn't exactly the biggest worry right now

Luck:
-Luck works in a sad funny way. It’s frustrating that when you have high luck you waste it most of the time on smaller monsters getting bad drops.
For this matter it should be that higher luck should be triggered by higher monsters. For example, if I kill stronger monsters, I get more luck, but if I keep killing weak monsters my luck will go off soon, getting low drops from low monsters.
The most hated response: This was designed this way. The whole point of random drops is just that, they're random. Luck was just implemented to prevent long dry spells. It was suggested originally to let people farm luck to blow on bosses, but in the long run I foresee this making it too easy to farm high level stuff only. Now, that being said, this is sticking to the old UO drop system, like most obsidian stand-bys. If we wanted to completely eradicate it in favor of something more modern (i'm open to ideas), then thats another discussion. But it's a balance between keeping the game "like old UO" and upgrading it, because the old uo had good stuff and bad stuff and stuff that was great back then but looks antiquated now. IT's a hard balance to strike.

Crafting:

Blacksmithing:
-Silver Armor should have 0% fail rate. Its armor and properties make it undesirable to mages, since the 10% is deadly in pvp. It had this at one point, people complained.
-Weapons crafted with particular ores should have different properties, again, based also on a set of skills.

Masssort:
-Massort is a cool feature, but it should be implemented that you can actually massort stuff from your backpack into a bag for example whenever you craft unsellable stuff, you don’t have to get carpal tunnel to get rid of those objects. Really low on the priority list, but at the point i or no one else has anything better to do sure why not

Failrate:
-Failrate is practically 0 right now, which makes stuff less valuable. Put failrate back again on any crafting skill. Obviously at GM it should be 1% and so on. Ok, here's one of those antiquated UO systems that we made a choice on upgrading. Now, here's a question for you: What's the difference between an armor that takes 50 ingots to make, and a 50% fail rate, and an armor that takes 100 ingots to make with no fail rate? Outside of individual player frustration at bad luck, economy-wise it's the same in terms of resources in/resources out. So if we put failrate back in we'd have to lower ingot costs. Also, iirc, there is a fail rate? I'd have to check. (Checked) Nope, we removed it, but it was designed into the system. If anyone can find the comment thread that caused its removal and the above topic, i'm sure it was covered there, i remember it being a few pages

Economy:

Here there are a few adjustments that should be made that cross with other matters, like crafting.

-Some objects should be removed from vendors to stimulate the economy, besides the vendors in Cove, that should keep those objects.
*Empty bottles
*Logs
*Iron Ingots
*Balls of yarn
*Wool threads
*Blank scrolls (Fix them, make them craftable)
*Blank maps (Fix them, make them craftable) also, the only monsters that drop them are at Mitch’s lair, we should make human chars drop them
*All sorts of gathering tools: Tinker tools, hatchets, smith’s hammers etc.
*Armors
*Weapons
*Arrows & Bolts
*Any kind of Pot
*Higher Regs price (to stop reg runs and let players sell them)
*Any kind of clothing
Possible, we'll see. This is a long discussion to be had amongst those who play, as it will vastly change the landscape

Rides:
-All stangs have to have different speed/features, so people can use them for purposes
Speed is a uo limitation. features would have to be designed/balanced/suggested
Vampires:
-There are 5 bloodlines. Each bloodline has a master. Most of the masters are not playing anymore. What are we going to do about that? This was spelled out in the original post, they will be nuked and the quests re-activated, just not high on the list right now
-When you are not a master you cannot oath any other vampire. This should be fixed. This isn't broken. Master's have to allow those under them to oath others, by oathing them twice, explained in original post.
-Hunter quest is broken.How?
-Lunar quest is impossible, I say lets wait another while, if no one figures it out, it should be changed. Nope. Lunar's are a bitch

Noobs:
-Fix tutorial. What's broke?
-There are a few bugs here and there, if you want we can list them. Yes please
-There's no possibility to skip it and choose race.

Races:
-There's should ALWAYS be a race class swap stone. This would be a discussion
-There should be the possibility to switch AT LEAST 2 times races.

Staff:

-So we obviously need more staff.
-We need more staff to host events.
-We need more staff that can help new players.
-And finally we need an ACTIVE scripter. Now, a few of us can obviously script, and ok, I know there are some trust issues. But there are also some good trustworthy players like Shooter who would be willing to script, or either us would be willing if told what scripts are needed, or what needs to be fixed. Yes, we do, but setting everything up takes time.
Bob has given us the pleasure to reply to us:

Discuss his responses here.

DO NOT POST ON THE OTHER TOPIC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:22 pm 

Quote:
PvP:

Necromancers:
-Damage of Firewhip has to be changed. Sometimes Firewhip damages for 120+hp and it’s ridiculous. We would like that the max dmg should be capped at 80 (As per capped we mean capped, not that it has always to dmg 80) This is the type of suggestion I like seeing and was expecting when I gave everyone thier assignments awhile back. It says what's wrong, why they think it's wrong, -AND- a way to fix it, which makes it much simpler for me to start from. 80 cap could be feasible, i'll have to look at it

do whatever u want, good luck with it but pls don't make it suck or necros will be useless

Dispel / Mass Dispel:
-Hitting polymorph is really ridiculous, it really makes no sense and also makes the Bloodi Magi skillrace useless Elaborate here, hitting how, doing what, which blood magi skill? Are you arguing dispel shouldn't hit polymorph at all?

we simply want dispel to be just like before, i want it to simply get a poly back to normal instead of hitting him
and we're talking about how useless is the bloodi magi mass dispel skill

Swordsmanship:
-This skill has become useless. Everyone uses fencing, because the dmg and hit rate of sword weps is too low. There are weps like cutlasses or scimitars that even if Vanq, do little or no dmg. This has to be fixed. So how would you like things changed? Suggested values?

actually a smart mage now can't easily die to a swords warrior, because swordsmanship isn't as strong as it should be, everyone now uses fencing because pitchforks are stronger, and magic krysses are fast and cool,

so we simply want swordsmanship to be stronger such as halberds and viking swords.. they need to get stronger

AND WE DON'T WANT YOU TO WEAKEN FENCING OR MACE

PvM:

Drops:
-Daemon bones are too easy to obtain, in 1 hunt, cleaning hythlot lvl 3 you can potentially end up with 1k bones easy. How much would you like to see it reduced? Numbers here would be useful if you think 1k is too much, but 600 would be great, that'd give me a starting viewpoint

i dunno how to explain but i can simply see forgetful potts are now so easy to get and have no value like before.. i can go hunt only 3-4 hours in hyloth and go back with daemon bones that can get me 150 -int pott,

overall, i would like if the failrate system get back again, so an alchemist can fail, plus daemons have to drop less bones

Failrate:
-Failrate is practically 0 right now, which makes stuff less valuable. Put failrate back again on any crafting skill. Obviously at GM it should be 1% and so on. Ok, here's one of those antiquated UO systems that we made a choice on upgrading. Now, here's a question for you: What's the difference between an armor that takes 50 ingots to make, and a 50% fail rate, and an armor that takes 100 ingots to make with no fail rate? Outside of individual player frustration at bad luck, economy-wise it's the same in terms of resources in/resources out. So if we put failrate back in we'd have to lower ingot costs. Also, iirc, there is a fail rate? I'd have to check. (Checked) Nope, we removed it, but it was designed into the system. If anyone can find the comment thread that caused its removal and the above topic, i'm sure it was covered there, i remember it being a few pages

I dunno what to say about that, but now i can see everyone wearing bloodrock and blackrock full sets so simply, even noobs

Rides:
-All stangs have to have different speed/features, so people can use them for purposes

I dunno but you have to do something about that, at least make a value of them,
and i dunno what is that limitation, i mean can u even make some of them slower

Races:
-There's should ALWAYS be a race class swap stone. This would be a discussion
-There should be the possibility to switch AT LEAST 2 times races.

Yeah lol

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:04 pm 

My response to maher on the failrate issue:

I disagree with you completely. It is incredibly hard to mine blackrock or bloodrock, we do not need a fail rate, that will just piss everyone off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:06 pm 

Quote:
My response to maher on the failrate issue:

I disagree with you completely. It is incredibly hard to mine blackrock or bloodrock, we do not need a fail rate, that will just piss everyone off.
+1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:55 pm 

that Animal Lore thing is a waste of skill points... would be cool if you remove it bob

Oriax - Necro
Bundinha - Craftswoman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:15 am 

what u replied to bob is just bullshit terek,, and don't act like we all want that shit..

nobody wants fencing to be tweaked.. lots of ppl want rides to be looked through..

so stfu and write ur shit here in the discussion as u asked,, if u wanna take views

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:11 am 

Quote:
what u replied to bob is just bullshit terek,, and don't act like we all want that shit..

nobody wants fencing to be tweaked.. lots of ppl want rides to be looked through..

so stfu and write ur shit here in the discussion as u asked,, if u wanna take views
Dude, no one gives a shit about rides, and I can tell you because first of all it's not a priority, the game is broke, no one gives a f if you can ride your fast fiery red stang.

fencing HAS TO BE TWEAKED in order to balance the game, unless you want a war hammer to hit you -60 or an alabard -50, only cause you submitted to the fencing system doesn't give you the legitimacy to keep the game broken. It has to be tweaked in order to be balanced with the other skills, simple as.

Now list me all the people that want rides to be fancy as a PRIORITY and list me all the people who much rather want to see the other melee skills to be fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:05 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Dude, no one gives a shit about rides, and I can tell you because first of all it's not a priority, the game is broke, no one gives a f if you can ride your fast fiery red stang.

fencing HAS TO BE TWEAKED in order to balance the game, unless you want a war hammer to hit you -60 or an alabard -50, only cause you submitted to the fencing system doesn't give you the legitimacy to keep the game broken. It has to be tweaked in order to be balanced with the other skills, simple as.

Now list me all the people that want rides to be fancy as a PRIORITY and list me all the people who much rather want to see the other melee skills to be fixed.

nope it hasn't for sure.. all of ppl want swords weps to be just stronger.. if weapons became weaker, then mages will be op.. as now mages can spam healing so easy using spells, potts and bandages.. while in t3a u never managed to spell heal if ure poisoned.. which got it harder for them..
but now if u can't hit a mage strongly.. then u won't be able to kill them..
So fencing never should be tweaked...

DUDE GO f***** FIGHT AND LEARN SHIT ABOUT PVP TACTICS FIRST BEFORE BULLSHITTING..

and why the f*** should i give u a list about ppl who wants rides to be fixed instead of making a post about it in the suggestions?? that's why im telling u that u are just bullshiting and dont know what the ppl want..

okay can u give a list about the ppl who wanted the fencing to be tweaked you nub??

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:49 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nope it hasn't for sure.. all of ppl want swords weps to be just stronger.. if weapons became weaker, then mages will be op.. as now mages can spam healing so easy using spells, potts and bandages.. while in t3a u never managed to spell heal if ure poisoned.. which got it harder for them..
but now if u can't hit a mage strongly.. then u won't be able to kill them..
So fencing never should be tweaked...

DUDE GO f***** FIGHT AND LEARN SHIT ABOUT PVP TACTICS FIRST BEFORE BULLSHITTING..

and why the f*** should i give u a list about ppl who wants rides to be fixed instead of making a post about it in the suggestions?? that's why im telling u that u are just bullshiting and dont know what the ppl want..

okay can u give a list about the ppl who wanted the fencing to be tweaked you nub??

First of all, you haven't suggested shit so far besides the flying pig rides or the magic unicorn.

Second I post BASED on what I READ on forums.

And I can quote:

In favour of pvp tweak:
Quote:
I do agree with Swords and Mace though getting a little re-working done to balance them.
Quote:
PVP I say remove all those races and fix the weapons and there we go
Quote:
Some points I totally agree with here..

Everyone uses fencing, because the dmg and hit rate of sword weps is too low.

I don’t do enough mace-fighting at all lately to speak to that though.
Quote:
ya screw armor! let weps hit full damage!

PvP wise wep damage is high imo.. nooo need for it to be any higher..

pvm.. i dunno buut solution would be to lower AR of monsters NOT raise damage on weps

+++ what types of weps are u using?

maces and swords hit mids usually givin more to the mace which is slower and hits a bit higher

and fencing hits super low and super high.. (not sure if fencing was changed) but they tended to just hit really high consitantly... specially with high str and a nice 5/7

edit- thats just my opinion....
And I can go on and on and on and on and on - just read the damn forums, will ya?

Now to explain to you like a retarded kid:

If we had to put in a small chart the % of speed and dmg in general for the 3 melee classes it would be:

Fencing [(100% Speed) (50% Dmg)] Swords [(75% Speed) (75% Dmg)] Mace [(50% Speed) (100% Dmg)]

Now in YOUR logic, if we don't have to touch fencing (that at this time is basically 100% Speed and 100% Dmg) that would mean that Swords would have to be 75% Speed and 100% Dmg and Mace would be 50% Speed and 125% Dmg - Meaning that if a Pitchfork hits for 40, an Halberd would hit for 50 and a war hammer would hit for 60 - Now then you'll see everyone whining cause they got killed with 2 war hammer hits -

Do you call that balance? So since I put my effort in researching and creating this whole thread (where you haven't done shit) and since u know
Quote:
SHIT ABOUT PVP TACTICS
why don't you tell us how you would balance it?

Fencing has always been balanced in the past, because it had a higher speed that would let mages fizzle and also they would pierce better armor - just faster - with lower dmg
Now if someone is waving a pitchfork at you he basically kills u in no time cause it makes u fizzle, its super fast, and it has really high dmg.

Now for the rides.
Again, I'm writing as I read what people say.
Quote:
Rides:
Pointless. Why bother wasting time coding different speeds for rides when it's easier to have them all equal.
Quote:
Rare pets do have more hp, they hit harder aswell.
Quote:
And of course there's my idea is in favor of all of those ppl's.

So if you have to say shit, make ur suggestion post, see what people have to say and talk based on facts AND make AN ACTUAL suggestion, cause so far, you haven't.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next