It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:55 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
This is the post for the discussion of the Obsidian Relaunch post: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=39854

Please do not post there, and discuss here.

Thanx!!

Last edited by Terek Molt on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:05 pm 

Idk what you did with the link, but it doesn't work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:25 pm 

All the ideas seem very nice so far.
Ive always had a heart for obsidian even if my char is still bugged out heheh
Its sad to see it turning cold so im here if you guys need any help

猿も木から落ちる

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:35 pm 

Quote:
So me and some other players came to conclusion that those are the main points that have to be tweaked to have at least obsidian ready for a relaunch.

PvP:

Necromancers:
-Damage of Firewhip has to be changed. Sometimes Firewhip damages for 120+hp and it’s ridiculous. We would like that the max dmg should be capped at 80 (As per capped we mean capped, not that it has always to dmg 80)
-Firewhip delay has to have a cap. We noticed that players with high dex can cast 3 firewhips in a row with no delay. No mage, warrior nor pvm can survive to such spam. Please fix this matter, put at least a 2 or 3 second delay to it even if dex is really high.

Dispel / Mass Dispel:
-Hitting polymorph is really ridiculous, it really makes no sense and also makes the Bloodi Magi skillrace useless
Swordsmanship:
-This skill has become useless. Everyone uses fencing, because the dmg and hit rate of sword weps is too low. There are weps like cutlasses or scimitars that even if Vanq, do little or no dmg. This has to be fixed.

Mace Fighting:
-Same as swords, this skill is too unbalanced compared to fencing, and again there are some hit rates and dmg that are too unbalanced compared to fencing. For example, you have a higher chance to get hit with higher dmg from a pitchfork than a war hammer.

Archery:
-Yew and Charred bows are extremely powerful, the dmg needs to be nerfed a little bit. I said Yew and Charred, but overall all of the bows are too powerful compared to the dropped ones. Economy wise, it would be cool if dropped bows would be removed completely and crafters could actually craft those bows with magical attributes having a set of skill like: Gm Fletching, Gm Magery and for example Poisoning to make poison bows, etc.

PvM:

Drops:
-Daemon bones are too easy to obtain, in 1 hunt, cleaning hythlot lvl 3 you can potentially end up with 1k bones easy.
-Some bosses don’t drop enough gold - timewise, also because the chance of getting a rare is really really low. For example: To kill Skittering Horror it takes roughly 20 minutes, if you hunt in Destard for 20 minutes you can potentially end up with 7-10k, when u kill Skittering Horror you only get 3.
-Armor drops should be removed - bone armor included (Re-enable it on tinkering) This will help stimulate the economy.

Luck:
-Luck works in a sad funny way. It’s frustrating that when you have high luck you waste it most of the time on smaller monsters getting bad drops.
For this matter it should be that higher luck should be triggered by higher monsters. For example, if I kill stronger monsters, I get more luck, but if I keep killing weak monsters my luck will go off soon, getting low drops from low monsters.

Crafting:

Blacksmithing:
-Silver Armor should have 0% fail rate. Its armor and properties make it undesirable to mages, since the 10% is deadly in pvp.
-Weapons crafted with particular ores should have different properties, again, based also on a set of skills.

Masssort:
-Massort is a cool feature, but it should be implemented that you can actually massort stuff from your backpack into a bag for example whenever you craft unsellable stuff, you don’t have to get carpal tunnel to get rid of those objects.

Failrate:
-Failrate is practically 0 right now, which makes stuff less valuable. Put failrate back again on any crafting skill. Obviously at GM it should be 1% and so on.

Economy:

Here there are a few adjustments that should be made that cross with other matters, like crafting.

-Some objects should be removed from vendors to stimulate the economy, besides the vendors in Cove, that should keep those objects.
*Empty bottles
*Logs
*Iron Ingots
*Balls of yarn
*Wool threads
*Blank scrolls (Fix them, make them craftable)
*Blank maps (Fix them, make them craftable) also, the only monsters that drop them are at Mitch’s lair, we should make human chars drop them
*All sorts of gathering tools: Tinker tools, hatchets, smith’s hammers etc.
*Armors
*Weapons
*Arrows & Bolts
*Any kind of Pot
*Higher Regs price (to stop reg runs and let players sell them)
*Any kind of clothing

Rides:
-All stangs have to have different speed/features, so people can use them for purposes

Vampires:
-There are 5 bloodlines. Each bloodline has a master. Most of the masters are not playing anymore. What are we going to do about that?
-When you are not a master you cannot oath any other vampire. This should be fixed.
-Hunter quest is broken.
-Lunar quest is impossible, I say lets wait another while, if no one figures it out, it should be changed.

Noobs:
-Fix tutorial.
-There are a few bugs here and there, if you want we can list them.
-There's no possibility to skip it and choose race.

Races:
-There's should ALWAYS be a race class swap stone.
-There should be the possibility to switch AT LEAST 2 times races.

Staff:

-So we obviously need more staff.
-We need more staff to host events.
-We need more staff that can help new players.
-And finally we need an ACTIVE scripter. Now, a few of us can obviously script, and ok, I know there are some trust issues. But there are also some good trustworthy players like Shooter who would be willing to script, or either us would be willing if told what scripts are needed, or what needs to be fixed.

This post is intended to be discussed by staff, so please do not post here for any reason. There is a discussion post in Obsidian Discussion (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39853) where we can talk about adding, removing or modifying stuff.

PvP:

The only thing I really have to say about this topic is dispel. It should work like it used to and not like this. The fact of the matter is that the best PvP in-game at the moment is a PvM character that has gone race (Ice Elf preferably). Once that person poly's into a Daemon he/she becomes virtually impossible to fight because you need to get them at or below their original health to dispel them, which you're lucky if you can.

That's my only real opinion on this.

I do agree with Swords and Mace though getting a little re-working done to balance them.

P.S. I agree with the Luck system change as well.

Crafting:

I agree with pretty much all that has been stated.

Economy:

I disagree completely with this whole section. The shops have always been like this and even back in 2004 it didn't effect the economy. The player base is low at the moment and that is why it feels that the economy is in a bad spot, but it isn't because of the shops. Removing most of the items on that section of this post and increasing the prices doesn't help at all. The economy will sort itself out eventually with more players. You're going to make the game ridiculously difficult for new players and that's not the point in the game. We should leave the Vendors in towns alone and not remove anything. The economy will work itself out with more players, but its rather shit because the player base is low.

I am strongly against this.

Rides:

Pointless. Why bother wasting time coding different speeds for rides when it's easier to have them all equal.

Vampires:

Can't really say anything since I don't have one and don't know much about them.

Races:

Not really that big of a deal when it comes to picking races. All the person really has to do is wait until it puts them in the tutorial section of the game and then they go into a small room located North of them and pick a race. They have to wait roughly a minute to pick a race, so I don't see this as an issue.

I do agree though that the whole tutorial maze should be fixed as it's a little bit buggy.

Staff:

Do as you wish here.

Those are my opinions on this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:41 pm 

I think races need to be fixed to have there restrictions on everything even the armor. That way chainmail and ringmail is useful again and races are not op.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:25 pm 

PVP I say remove all those races and fix the weapons and there we go
PVM fix the drop table (less crap drop more weapons)
CRAFTING lets me open door while mixing pot or riot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:23 pm 

Cooking:

- Fishsteaks need to be increased and allow for better gains (maybe up until 80)
- Small Fish of the same color should stack to make for easy/efficient cooking

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:53 pm 

So we have a few more ideas here to be discussed from the last posts:

Cooking:

- Fishsteaks need to be increased and allow for better gains (maybe up until 80) [nosympathy]
- Small Fish of the same color should stack to make for easy/efficient cooking [nosympathy]

Races:
- Races need to be fixed to have there restrictions on everything even the armor. That way chainmail and ringmail is useful again and races are not op. [Kingblacktorn]
- Races have to be removed [Ereaser]

Economy:
-No one has stated anything yet about it. [Besides nosympathy]

Crafting:
-Ability to open door while crafting

Rides:
-No one has stated anything about it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:54 pm 

Quote:
So we have a few more ideas here to be discussed from the last posts:

Cooking:

- Fishsteaks need to be increased and allow for better gains (maybe up until 80) [nosympathy]
- Small Fish of the same color should stack to make for easy/efficient cooking [nosympathy]

I agree

Races:
- Races need to be fixed to have there restrictions on everything even the armor. That way chainmail and ringmail is useful again and races are not op. [Kingblacktorn] I agree
- Races have to be removed [Ereaser] I disagree

Economy:
-No one has stated anything yet about it. [Besides nosympathy]

Crafting:
-Ability to open door while crafting I agree

Rides:
-No one has stated anything about it. The ride idea was introduced by Maher, I must say tho, that I am not in favour. (Besides speeding up slightly the stangs).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:15 pm 

Rides:

- Decrease their need for food by like a small percentage. It seems like they need food in much larger portions then I remembered and more frequently.

Crafting:

- Increase the skill requirement for cloth material in Tailoring. Possibly up the lowest craftable item by 5-10%. Tailors shouldn't be forced to switch from cloth to leather (since leather is difficult to get in mass on new characters).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:29 pm 

Some points I totally agree with here..

Everyone uses fencing, because the dmg and hit rate of sword weps is too low.

I don’t do enough mace-fighting at all lately to speak to that though.

On "Armor drops should be removed - bone armor included (Re-enable it on tinkering) This will help stimulate the economy."

I disagree. Yes, the abundance of bone armor is silly, but I would like mail-type weapons to stay. Because, I also agree with kingblacktorn that “That way chainmail and ringmail is useful again and races are not op.” and that would coincide with a bit of race-tweaking.

Sorry Terek, but I’m with nosympathy on the NPC-driven economy. I don’t really see that affecting player economy much. I think in the past, inflated prices in part came along with people finding out ways to gain piles and piles of gold without much risk.. like how Cocaine used to kill the blue guards right outside over and over.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:14 pm 

Monsters:

- Monsters need to be re-looked at and attack damage lowered on some.

Fore example, Skeletons and Zombies should not be blasting through full (brand new) armour doing 12-15 damage almost consistently.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:04 pm 

Quote:
Monsters:

- Monsters need to be re-looked at and attack damage lowered on some.

Fore example, Skeletons and Zombies should not be blasting through full (brand new) armour doing 12-15 damage almost consistently.
Dude those monsters are really fine, I do not agree with that.

It's just cause ur wearing shitty armor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:13 am 

Mustangs/Oytras/Pegasus are actually useless, why would i use them beside looking good in them?! actually nothing,
Of course they should have different speed and different HP , that would really make the game more fun and makes ppl use different rides..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:34 am 

Quote:
Mustangs/Oytras/Pegasus are actually useless, why would i use them beside looking good in them?! actually nothing,
Of course they should have different speed and different HP , that would really make the game more fun and makes ppl use different rides..
I don't think that's at the top of the list of our problems.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next