It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:45 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: New event ideas
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:07 am 
Had a nice chat with Sonne on the live chat board and decided to come up with 10 ideas for events that would be fun for vets and newbies alike. Let me know what you think:

FISHING DERBY: For a limited time (day, or even a few hours) new "DERBY FISH" would habitate the waters of obsidian. VERY rare. first five to PM host with derby fish get prizes. Derby fish would take 0 fishing skill to catch.

ARTIFACT DIG: Same thing, but for miners. "ARTIFACTS" can be dug for a short time from mines or graves, and redeemed for prizes.

PINATA: (with a squiggle over the n): a fat pack horse or llama (pref w/buffed up hp if possible) would just get WAILED on by a hoarde of players. It would be FULL of loot. I mean really really full. Some (most) of it would be crap, but there would be a few very cool things in there. Lots of pennys and sweets if possible.

SMEAR THE QUEER (or a more pc title, I don't really care). In an arena or confined space. Host drops a colored hat or cape. All participants try to pick it up. The person with the hat/cape must put it on within five seconds or a new one is dropped. Once it is on, everyone tries to kill them. When they are slaughtered (no looting) they will be resurrected and another hat/cape will be dropped by host. This madness will ensue for let's say five minutes. At the end, the person wearing the hat/cape wins a prize.

GOAT BASH: goats all over in the woods. Some have rares. KILL THE GOATS DAMMIT!

STEALTH RACE: race through a mountain pass to a cave. If a gm sees you, you die.

COCKFIGHTS: Tame a chicken. Name your chicken after yourself. Only chickens fight. Last chicken standing wins.

WRESTLEMANIA: Together, participants kill and loot monsters introduced 1-by-1 into arena. No weapons allowed. Auto ressurect when either the monster or all wrestlers die. Monsters get increasingly hard (Loot gets progressively better).

MAD BOMBER: Arena brawl using only exploding potions.

SWORD IN THE STONE: Actually a locked chest in the middle of the woods. Eventually BB will unlock, when nobody's around. (Hours? Days? Weeks?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:01 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
Very nice ideas. I approve. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:05 pm 
I like the sword in the stone and smeer the queer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:06 pm 

FISHING DERBY: I can to things simular to this for fishers.

ARTIFACT DIG: I can do simular things

PINATA: Good idea, just need help of a GM

SMEAR THE QUEER : aslong as ppl dont care about loosin fame or karma or gaining kill counts.. sure :P

GOAT BASH: : Good idea, just need help of a GM

STEALTH RACE: hmm maybe hehe

COCKFIGHTS: could be really really fun aslong as enough tamers participate.

WRESTLEMANIA: fun, but who wanna gain wrestling? lol

MAD BOMBER: ill look into the possiblitys for this a bit more, could work

SWORD IN THE STONE: Great idea, maybe a rare coloured newbiefied sword in that box.

Great ideas, ill look into all of them, if it doesn't work in one way, ill try to get it work in a simular way instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:37 pm 
Awesome Sonne. If we can even get one or two of these it would be a ton of fun. For now they're just interesting ideas, so if you can make them really happen you'd deserve a world of thanks from us all.

I was actually trying to figure out fun things for all skills, and since ppl like to use wrestling to improve stats, wrestlemania is intended as an alternative to macroing which even the ppl who do it must hate. I decided tailoring just can 't possibly be fun, and really only a race to make stuff (first one in the rune chamber in an all red outfit and 10 different colored hats) is all you can do, which Vic already suggested. Other than that, we've got fishing, mining, wrestling, taming, stealth (see above comments on wrestlemania), and alchemy (sort of) events for newbies and vets.

With regard to smeer the queer (which I realized after I posted is INCREDIBLY offensive especially if you're not familiar with the playground version), perhaps a karma loss or criminal status could be corrected if a gm hosted. Otherwise... yeah, you'd have to not care. Good event for reds. I think that one would be the most fun though.

Newbified colored sword is an awesome idea for sword in the stone. If it stays locked long enough, this could be the best sword in the game. A rare dye tub might be another uberprize for something like this. Whatever it is, would need to remain a secret. Winner would be able to share details on the forum.

Thanks again for looking into these Sonne. If you can make any of these happen, be sure to post ahead of time so we can have a great turnout!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:53 pm 
there should be an event called the golden sheep. there will be a sheep that can only be sheared 1nc then will turn back to normal. It will give gold wool and will be worth 5 threads and worth 10x as much as normal wool...Just an idea for tailorors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:28 pm 
as far as the cockfights go, I've had this idea before.

only, it would be a GM sanctioned event, the GM would spawn 2 chickens (or balrons for more fun :D) and they would fight to the death. before the fight, people would put wagers on which creature they think is going to win. (just like the real thing)

and there could even be horse races.. that might be something neat too. but thats prettymuch connection based. (there would have to be someone riding the horses)

anywhoodle, my two cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:12 pm 
ROYAL RUMBLE -

2 players start in the arena. Fighting for 45 seconds. Then, every 45 seconds, a new player is added. The players (30 or so of them) are seeded randomly before the event and then are put in that order to enter the event.

Would be better regulated if everyone wore Iron Plate armor, but it's worth a shot. Might be fun.

Ransom/Tinkererer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:30 am 
I once played this cool event on another shard called the "dye-tub run" or something along those lines.

It basically involves players being given 5-10 or so items of clothing e.g sashes, and they have to run around an empty dungeon trying to find 5-10 custom colour dye tubs which they use to dye one of their sashes. The first person to have dyed all of their sashes with the ten different colours wins. However, here is the twist....the floor is covered in invisible tiles that teleport you back to the beginning...

Another event involving invisible floor tiles is where you have a maze only there are no walls and if you take a wrong step...back to the beginning you go. The winner is obviously the person who reaches the end of the maze where there is a chest with some loot. This game is really frustrating especially when u are one step from the chest at the end and you take one wrong step and go all the way back to the beginning, but it is a lot of fun.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]