It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:44 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

How should we deal with kill counts?
Poll ended at Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:33 am
Have them slowly decay  45%  [ 30 ]
Allow a player to repent and remove kills by paying large sums of gold or stats  13%  [ 9 ]
Remove kill counts and base the entire system off karma  42%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 67
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:37 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

oh wow i forgot to comment on the poofing idea. that idea sounds whack to me. part of the thrill of playing is the constant danger of getting pked. as you can see, it is tough for a red so they definately pay a price for playing that role. i think the kill count issue that needs addressing is mostly the order vs chaos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:15 am 
I can understand they the PKs aren?t a problem for you Drizzt, but you also have a (big) chance of whacking ?m when they attack you...

It is as I have been trying to say all along, not a problem for the players with a kick ass chr. it?s a problem for all the n00bs. And if you neglect them totally, then we are gonna losse alot of new players! And if *Poofing* is not the way (It?s something you?ll have the option to choose - If you wanna stay PvP - Just stay that way!) Then I really really think we have to find some other solotion the problem.

And I frankly dont care how "hard" it is to be a PK - Hell, they choose to them selves, nobody forced them into it. (Those who are red because of the guild problems is ofcourse not included in this statement:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:19 pm 
Could we try making wind a true red town and remove its gaurds. Maybe even add a portal to vendorlodge from wind and make the vendor lodge like jail where you can't kill and there are no guards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:03 am 
I voted on the "Have them slowly decay"

Because I think it's a good solution. Nobody forces anyone to become a PK, they decide for themself when and if they want to become a pk. So when they eventually get enough kill counts, they should become "red". And if they want to become "blue" again, they would have to stopp killing people so the kill count can decay.

Pk is part of the game, so I think that everyone should be able to attack anyone, and the only ones who should be free from the possibility of getting looted after a pk is a new player. I think the system that we have now is good, u have like 2 weeks in the beginning when u don't actually die u just *poof* to Cove. In that time u learn how the game works and where the pk's usually is, then after u stop *poofing* u have hopefully learned how minimize the risk of getting attacked and killed by a player.

Oh well that was all I wanted to say for now, just a question since I'm curious
Why is PK a bad thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:54 am 
It's not a bad thing...People just get pissed when they lose stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:47 pm 
Poofing sucks Big time, then you get alot of little punks waiting for you to die because they cant kill you. then they run up and loot you fast, you come back and kill them then Poof they gone with your good shit in cove and they bank it so their is no way in hell your getting full time Poofing so deal with it dumb ass. or go to A non PVP shard and be A pussy like the rest in those shards. this shard kicks ass! if you can't be A man then I say leave!!!!!!!! or stay and stop crying so much. were all tired of listening to you>

PS. this is mostly for you Basher!!!!!!!

Last edited by Rufus on Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:46 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Sounds like a step in the right diretion, Bleh!

You tell them Rufus!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:07 am 
You know Rufus - I really don?t see that happening, and if it is a problem, then remove the ability to loot players from the non-PvP players. And if poofing is so shitty (God there must have been an uproar when they removed your ability to kill those tiny 1 hour old pawns) then try to come up with a solution that help those who wanna stay out of it, I really can?t see why people have to be forced into the PvP?

And if you think this is just a sissy who whines cuz he has lost his stuff, then you?re wrong. I have only gotten killed once by a PK, and I know how to run and hide, and soon I would be able to fight back. But when I talk to PK?s (Other chr.?s) and they got 15+ shadow sets, 10 myth, 1 verite and 1 valorite set + whatever else just lying around to spare, then I figure there must be some pissed off people out there.

But f... that, I?ll probally be heading back to games where it?s skills, and not "Time I have standed here macroing" that determines the victor.

Btw: The GM?s asked us how to find new players - I?m just trying to explain to them how they hold on to the new ones they got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:06 am 
Quote:
Btw: The GM?s asked us how to find new players - I?m just trying to explain to them how they hold on to the new ones they got.
But sometimes when ewbies get pked they never come back to obsidiain again. but then the pker gets away with tons of crap(probably newbie stuff) and then hordes it but then overtime another player has quit and the pker gets that kill lost just by waiting. :?

If they had to pay money they would need to sell some of the things they looted to get the money to lose that kil, which seems alot more fair because of the fast that they couldnt hord all that crap if they wanted to go back to blue or lose a few kills. I just think that it is more fair paying money so they pkers dont go hoarding every single item that they find.

But mabye have Order vs Chaos or guild wars the same also. Because if they fight out of town and loot like hell they would need to sell a majority of that stuff to get rid of those kills. I just think that it would stop pkers from hoarding everything in their house and eventually becoming so rich they banksit all the time. If they had to pay, like the tax for their house and the money to get rid of kill counts it would mean they have to work just as hard as probably alot of the newerpks out there, or even some of the other players. eg. Look at Primal, he kills then stashes alot of the things. But if he wanted to get rid of those kill counts he would have to sell quite a bit of those items in order to get rid of them, thus making him work harder into making money to stay where he is. Which means he wont become bored of obsidian like alot of people are getting.

If people resorted to pking they would need to really work. An actual challenge for them. Not just ok i pked lemmee just grab his stuff. heheheheheh. now lets justhide in my house till that kill count is gone then get more. ill be rich! But if he paid OR lost a skill he would need to work even harder to get those lost things back, thus making pking more fun and ejoyable instead of getting htis huge fortune then nothing to do with it.

But thats just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:16 pm 
Wow :shock:
you made sense :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:46 pm 

Paying to get rid of kills is just plain stupid, i say either get rid of them completely and use Orisus' idea, or have them decay over like 24 hours or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:08 pm 
Basher is maaaaaad gay. Rufus states a good mo'focking point. Listen up bitch, or have your ass served to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:32 am 
Quote:
Paying to get rid of kills is just plain stupid, i say either get rid of them completely and use Orisus' idea, or have them decay over like 24 hours or something.
Over 24hours? Thats is far too short. Think about those who work in RL, what that an 8hour day!? Start the char off in the morning and just sit around in their house, doesnt matter to them cos they're not wasting any of their gaming time because they're at work.
Looking at the time idea it kinda sucks cos they can just sit around in game not watching while their kills vanish. I think a nice combo of the two (ie time and payment method) would work well. By this i mean having a time limit to when PKs can payoff a kill, but then having to wait a length of time to get rid of the next one. Maybe also having only one place they can do this which is difficult to get to - gets rid of the boredom factor thats been brought up in other posts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:46 am 
reapers got a good point, or else you could pay tons in a hard to reach place for ur first kill then after that they can mabye decay in like a week a kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:15 am 

you do realize 1 week of game play is absolutly stupid for ONE kill, that would end up being like 2+ weeks in real life and i find that stupid for just one kill.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next