It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:32 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: How to properly page
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:45 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
Apprently there have been people who have complained about their pages not getting answered for weeks even months. If your page does not get answered within 24-48 hours please page again either it was deleted by accident or on purpose.

For example if you see if you page with "I need help", "Is a GM on?", "gfhdahahfdye", or something that doesn't tell us how we can help you, the page just gets deleted because we ask for SPECIFIC pages of the problem as stated in the paging policy. There are also situations where we might just delete pages for example "Could you move my house", if you are online we'll take the page and tell you we don't move houses unless due to a bug, but if you're offline we'll just delete the page. Another good example is "My house is bugged please fix the chest count". This is a great page we GM's can fix IF you page from your house. This goes for any other situation where you need something fixed. If you don't page from where the problem occured we can't fix the problem for you and in which case the page gets deleted. Also any pages asking for specific GM's generally will be deleted. Page with the subject of the problem. If the GM is on and has asked you to page just to get to you that's one thing but if you page a GM asking specifically for his help and he's never on the same time you are it does a dis-service to you and the GM. So page with the problem unless the GM is on and has asked for you to page in his name so he can come to you immediately.

To sum it up, if you have a problem that hasn't been resolved in 24-48 hours please page again because it either was deleted by accident or on purpose because you didn't page properly.

On a side note please if you have an issue about STAT LOSS or SKILL LOSS do not page in game bout these issues unless you have screenshots to prove your stat or skill loss. Please also post on these threads:
Loss of Skills Bug Thread
Loss of Stats Bug Thread

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Last edited by CyberVic on Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:52 pm 

i agree with most of what u say,
but
i have paged the same thing every day for about 3 weeks now? yet no answers, and all it is is for a gm to delete a house. And from what i heard if a house is set to decay then only a gm can remove it and it will not disapear on its own. I even have heard this from one of the guys who made obsidian in the start. Yet no one believes.... or answers...

btw if u care to delete this house the co ordinates are 2346.819.7

Peter - GM fisher, GM cook, 80% tailoring

Post subject: Re: How to properly page
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:54 pm 
Quote:
Another good example is "My house is bugged please fix the chest count".
I made a page exactly like that one, except it had the coordinates, too...It didn't get sorted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:12 pm 
Staff

bruhaha I've seen you page several times and you always page from your house not the house to be deleted.

crepti to be safe always page from the house, coodinates should have resolved the issue for you, sorry it didn't get sorted out.

Again people we have various staff and honestly one REALLY SHITTY staff member we recently banned after reports of abuse of power so who knows why pages haven't been getting answered proeprly. To be safe just re-page if you haven't gotten resolved and we should fix you eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:38 pm 
I just paged again and Exation sorted out my chest problem. So thank you, Exation :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:52 pm 

Im not understanding well how to take screenshots all i kno is press printscreen...thats it :| so is there a post about this i could read? TY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:18 pm 
Staff

How to take a screenshot?
1- hit the print screen button (it's next to f12 on most keyboards)
2- open up paint (start menu, programs, accessories, paint (or MSpaint on some windows versions)
3- click edit, then select paste. it'll ask you if you want to enlarge the bitmap, say yes
4- click save as. Where it asks 'save as type', select either GIF or JPEG (if possible). if you can't select either of those two, select 256 Color bitmap, it'll only be a much bigger file. Save in c:\obsidian

How do i get my screenshot hosted on a server?
The hardest part Note that you can use any free webhost, and that angelfire is used as an example and there probably are better hosts out there

1- go to http://www.angelfire.com
2- On top of the sreen, there are an orange and a blue bar. In the blue bar, it says 'new users' then there's a 'signup' button, click there
3- There will be a couple of boxes coming up, select the one that has a header entitled 'ANGELFIRE | FREE'. (that one is free )
4- Fill the form, note that most likely you'll get junk mail from signing up in there, just like every other place in the world where you live your email adress
5- It'll ask you to confirm your subscription, click the link 'Activate your account and start building!'
6- You will then be in the angelfire webshell, scroll down until you see a white on orange headline saying 'FILE UPLOAD'. Click browse, and pick up the screenshot in c:/Obsidian. Then, click the 'upload' button
7- Select the screenshot in the big box with a scrolling bar, then click 'VIEW', a button next to to 'FILES', under the 'WEBSHELL' section of the builder
8- Go in the URL navigator of your browser (the box where it displays the adress of the current page), click it once. Then, press edit (on top of your window), then select copy
9- Provide that URL to a GM either in game or on the forums

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:31 am 
look i dont like to complain but u guys are busy doing your stuff with the patch and all and alot of the pages are not being addressed like they used to be.im not sure exactly cause ive only made 1 page in the last 4 months or so.and said the server was down.but maybe u need a few more people online to help people out.at least tell them whats going on.cause alot of people bitch anymore.and i dont know what to tell them- maybe just be patient and wait it will all work out.maybe ill make a few pages and share some info on what problems are what with me and some other people and see what gets addressed.by the way this is just me 2 cents and am just speaking for myself.

happy obsidian hunting.
Valon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:46 am 
Staff

I log on at least once a day and take care of every page in the que. Again if you page isn't getting answered either you paged improperly like "help me" and it's getting deleted or we have a bad staff member randomly deleting pages. Either way like I said page again if you don't get fixed in 24-28 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:14 am 

thx a bunch Cyber Vic!!! :P

Post subject: hmm
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:55 pm 

sorry to say it mate but ive been waiting a long time for a necro fix i was the first necro to so call gm it but nothing apart from a pretty paperdoll and a few extra leaves on the trees not much else has happened plus a few gms would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:58 pm 

well cybervic, i am online now paging from that house, which is the 5th time ,ish, that i'v done so in the past few weeks. Says theirs gms online, and i'm 3rd in line, i'v been waiting for at least a hour now. No offence intended i'm guessing their must be something slowing u guys down so i don't mean this as insult just replying to what u said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:08 pm 

Just because it says there is a GM aka staff member online doesn't mean that paticular staff member has the powers to resolve your issue. I am a seer, I can not fix house/stat/skill related issues... thus, you wait in queue until a GM is online who has the plevel needed to fix your issues.

Post subject: hmmm
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:32 pm 

Hydro ive posted paged did eveything apart from suck cock to get my nec 99.9 up to scratch sorry to be so blunt but a new paperdoll and new leaves dont work for me sorry about that but u know sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:45 pm 

just a sugestion but maybe bb should make it so that it tells u whether its a gm/seer/counsellor online.... just a suggestion

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next