It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:02 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: stealing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:16 pm 

why did obs. get rid of stealing...i remember watching my brother play the original UO and it was a blast to steal....i understand it is cheap and frustrating but it is alot of fun and exciting...is there a reason why it is gone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:55 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Because people dont like having things stolen off them, they whine like little bitches....so basically...its to keep whining little bitches from whining, so the other alternative is to make a PK character and just kill the MOFO's instead and then steal their stuff while they are a ghost....however be WARNED they still whine like little girly f***** shitbreaks using this method.

Good luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:24 pm 
I'm pretty sure most people didnt enjoy having things stolen from them but nonetheless its part of the game. I don't think that was the reason it was taken off obs though, I think it was because of bugs or glitches that came along with the stealing skill. I'm not sure though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:14 pm 

i think some ppl steal gm rob :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:37 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
stealing is uber gay, f*** that shiz, im glad it gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:19 am 

steeling was fun back on the old shards. You just have to be ready for it (stack deathrobes, use decoy crap weps, never cary regs in a pouch unless it's trapped and carry multiple piles of each, never let someone you don't know stand to close to you, exc...) I was never a theif, but they added something fun to the game..and being a good theif was hard, because once your labled a theif, everyone knows who you are (incognito and a disguise kit are a theifs best friend).

The only thing that pisses me off are bank sitting stealth theives....If it is ever enabled, I would like to see it dissabled in town, or at least around the banks. Also, if steeling is enabled, the way healing is done will have to be changed...there will be a lot of pissed off fighters if everytime they heal their wepon and sheild get put into their bag, and then stolen in the middle of a fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:42 pm 
Or just don't let motherfuckers wearing res robes near you. Could you be stupider like shit? Or just f****** explode them if they steal something or call guards...honestly you kids are a bunch of f****** pussies. You need more guildwars, stealing, reskiling here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:18 pm 
Real reason some fucker named Skinny Bones knew a shit load of bugs with stealing. Stealing could be used to loot from a mile away and staff at the time thought that was lame so disabled it. Ohh and stealing could do some mean things to houses too.

Post subject: Yeah i agree
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:06 am 
Stealing should be allowed in the game, come on is part of the original game, what's the harm in adding it again. Sure, it is frustrating but heck is part of the game, anybody can do it,... and it sure is fun!!!! so if u ask me i would Say The HECK with the boring stuff and add up Stealing>>>LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:17 am 
I said BUGS! Does that mean anything to you? Someone would need to completely write a new script to get stealing back in so it worked correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:20 am 
OMG plz JORUS, damn boy calm down, im just saying it should be fun for crying out loud!!! Dont get all MID-EVAL on mah ass, man ! just a comment, cant a brother speak his mind, not even in obs, and they say this is a Free - Shard LOL
i think this shard is starting to turn out a Communism lol, Dictatorship j/k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:27 am 
I am saying whats wrong with the skill you must understand that. Maybe say what restrctions you would like to see on it and maybe someone can rescript it so it isnt a cheap skill.

Like say:
1) You linger when you log out in town after you steal(not sure if it is possible off the top of my head)

2) You must be standing right next to the fool you are stealing from

3) You loose X amount of karma each time you steal

4) It will flag you crim after 1 attempt.

5) If you fail i always says on the screen you attempted to steal so the bad ass mother fucker can kill you.

6) x out of y times you are successful it will say on the screen you just stole so you will need to be fast about getting away. (Based on skill levels and stats)

And so on and So on...

By doing that someone might take go ahead and script it. Maybe the guy who did the taming stone (if that thing is still around)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:30 am 
Now I get it! Thanks for explaining that to me.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:42 pm 
yeah undertaker is kinda slow.. woot woot :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:53 pm 

Although stealing was an original part of the real UO game, this aint real UO its sphere server and unfortunatly there are lotsa bugs and bypasses available in this EMU :( , which kinda sucks.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]