It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:09 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Hello, I'm new
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:45 pm 
Sup all,

Just started an account a few days ago, although I used to play on Napa Valley many many years ago. :)

I was just wondering if anyone could let me know what the main differences are from UO about 4 years ago, vs. UO Obsidian style.

Also I was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips on starting a new char, what race, what skills etc., as its been a while... any help would be appreciated. :)

Seems like a cool and mature community here, hope to see yall in game.

Eyeris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:47 pm 
Lol details help a bit.. like what kinda char you wanna start ? But either way new faces round here is a good thing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:49 pm 
Hey thanks for reply, yeah I guess some detailed info would be helpful, basically I want a bas ass mage to play, but obviously I need a lot of cash, what is the fastest/easiest way to make cash these days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:32 pm 

Website: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Leylah
Yahoo Messenger: habiba_87
Howdy welcome!!!!

heres a tip, if u make a char, and 6 months later you still suck
quit...asap...

CYA in game!! or IRc!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:33 pm 
hmmm... thats the thing... in 6 monthes I hope to be owning everyone :lol:

what do fish do and how do I get them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:52 pm 
Well if you check the main page try the link to Lister's, he's got most the basic info on skills n what not listed. Other then that I don't have a mage at all but I do get constant regs... free if you want lol.

As for fast money............ no idea lol I only have 10k after a week :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:58 pm 
6 months? That's a long time.... :P

There is a neat skill guide that the good CyberVic made... I did not checked it in a while so I don't know if it's up to date.. thought that knowing Vic it must be.... but I'll see if I can find the URL

hum....

Weeeee

http://www.dxgaming.com/obsidian/skills/

[Edit... yeah, and lister site... I could I forgot.... ]
http://www.clubi.ie/dot/LLNews.htm

There are full of outdated infos here
http://www.dxgaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=570
Take a look though, some the basic things are still good...

Well, I hope you get hooked like all of us and that Obsi destroys your real life too... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:13 am 
lol...thanks guys...appreciate help
Quote:
Well, I hope you get hooked like all of us and that Obsi destroys your real life too... :P
Hey, I already let it happen once, and I survived. Might as well giver' another shot... maybe it will succeed :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:30 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
ok, easiset way to make money these days is without a doubt fishing.........fish all day, boring a sshit, but within 1-2 weeks u should be GM, if u hardcore it, u'll rake it in, also brush up on ur cooking skills, so start a human, and choose 50 fishing 50 cooking and work from there.

one that is gonna be good for money now is also alchemist, but u need a fighter to get u the reagents in the first splace.

so yeah fisher all the way, highly boring, but best way.

i amde my money b4 my mage from balcksmithy. but now it sucks cos failure rate seems so high just now and it takes about 2 months of hardcore smithing to gm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:36 am 

Welcome to Obsidian!

A few of the main differences between this shard and OSI....

Race stones....see the skill list for more information about this one.

No Boats right now

Fishing brings in fish that raise stats, or drop skills....I was a bit skeptical of this at first, but with no stat or skill locks on obsidian, Fishermen are necessary...Add to this the ability to raise stats well above 100, and GM fishermen can make a good living. There are no MIBs or deep sea serps on Obsidian right now, and the only time fishermen need to fight is when they are being chased by PKs.

Anyone can be a PK on Obsidian?even Blue players because of the way the karma and murder system work. I?m not sure about exact details of how the Murder/karma system work, but this is being reprogrammed right now, and will probably be changed/updated in the next month or so..

There is the rune chamber...nothing like this on OSI...great way to move around, and in fact, I have never once used recall because the chamber can get me anywhere I need. This is a huge help when you?re playing a vampire fighter who can't have more then 30 magery.

Spellbooks work a bit odd on Obsidian...not all spellbooks can hold all the spells. The newbie ones can only hold some spells, while the non-newbie ones can hold all of them. I think. I've only been here about 2 months, so I'm not sure what books hold what spells. The teleport spell is disabled on Obsidian Field spells work differently as well...once you pass through a spot on them, that spot is gone, so no running back and fourth through a fire field to gain resist. Flame strike is deadly: not much change from OSI there. E-Bolt kinda sucks...that?s a change from OSI 4 years ago. Polymorph gives you the str of the creature you poly into...a favorite of higher mages on Obsidian is the daemon, and the 250 odd str that comes with it. Mages take a LOT of regs to get to a high level...so unless you have a support class to keep you in money, I would hold off on making a mage right away.

I can't tell you much about necromancers. I made one once, but only worked him for about a hour before I gave up out of complete boredom...fixes for this class are underway as we speak, and I'll try working him again after the changes take effect.

Tamers can't tame dragons. The highest monster a GM tamer can tame is a drake, but I've not seen anyone with a drake on Obsidian, so I am not sure if that is a roomer or a fact. Tamers make a great deal of cash by selling Orns and Mustangs...Mustangs are colored horses and orns are the Raptor looking things from the Lost Lands (T2A)...

There is a lot more, but I'm late for work.....

Good Luck IN Obsidian!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:23 am 

you cannot tame a drake

Peter - GM fisher, GM cook, 80% tailoring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:18 am 
Cybervic's skill guides would be the best way to learn. Monsters are untameable, and some spells are disabled (like teleport, clumsy, strength, etc). If you need any more specific info, just ask or contact someone via msn or aim.

Welcome to Obsidian. Hope you enjoy it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:25 am 
hello, im yuw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:11 pm 
wow, thanks for all the help...much appreciated! :)

just wondering if there are certain places where fishing is better or worse?

ok ill stop bugging you guys now :)

cya online

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:01 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
its all the same

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next