It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:41 am 
i hate to keep coming back with a negative on this one... but the viruses arent on my computer, no spyware, and while its great to know that im clean, i still dont have any progress on the lag. the game itself is taking up 99% of the cpu, i think thats basically the problem. seeing as how its an older game, and a brand new computer (granted, not top of the line), i dont see how my computer couldnt handle it. more complicated games run just fine on it. how about HD free space? i have about 42% free... just throwing things out there for ya, i have no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:21 am 
lol...

got me stumped then - that was the most likely causes...

err, defrag ur hard disk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:32 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
check ur hidden programs running, the programs that run on startup. if u have a ton of bs in ur startup menu then u will lag, or if ur seeding torrents or using file sharing programs that what i would sugest is take everything outta ur startup menu, when i turn on my comp all that startsup is my mcafee and my volume control

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:09 pm 
lol bay area, as if there were only 1 (East bay - San Francisco, South Bay - Los Angeles, and I've heard people in Santa Cruz call themselves the South Bay)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:58 pm 
hmm... people generally identify the term 'bay area' with SF bay, there are obviously more bays though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:11 pm 
Quote:
Like i said, the easiest way to tell if the svchost processes are legit is to try ending them. Windows won't let u end the proper ones, but the blaster ones that I've seen throw a wobbly and reboot your pc.
All the SVCHost's can be ended,

There are a couple of windows services that run under SVCHost that if you stop that particular SVCHost it will put the system on a 60 sec countdown and force the PC to restart, this is not the work of a virus, it is how those services are set, but if MSBlaster is on the system that causes these particular services to crash again causing the 60 sec countdown and restart,

I used to work at one of the UK's top ISP's at the time that MSBlaster was at it's worst, we had to talk the users through how to stop the MSBlaster virus crashing the service and restarting the PC, so that could download the fixes for it.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2