It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:28 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: how am i doing?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:52 pm 
after my first 3 days of playing i have
75str
71dex
my swordsmanship is 68 and my archery is 43, these are the 2 main skills im working on right now, can anyone just tell me if this good progress or no?

on that note i want to thank everyone for welcoming here, in the last 3 days ive had a greater experince playing an online game that i ever have, you guys are really kind and helpful with everything, im getting to know people more and more ingame and on the forums and i am truly and thuroughly enjoying myself playing with all of you, thank you for making this a great experience and i hope there are many more to come! :D

thank you everyone

The Honorable Bloodyroar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:26 pm 

is not bad , but depend of how much time u r online training

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:29 pm 
Its great blood. Your doing very good for a nubbie.
Welcome to the shard and I hope you dont come across Restile too often

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:30 pm 

for 3 days playing its good
the archery could be abit more... tho...
but its hard for noobs cuz u dont get alot of arrows... but still its very nice try to use a bit of mace skill to raise ur str

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:33 pm 

You sure are doing well Bloodyroar. If you need help with understanding the game or anything just pm someone you've talked to a few times and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help give you some answers.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:36 pm 
Yeah well done man you doing pretty well.... :D

Keep up the good work :D

Black Knight :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:11 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
Not bad for 3 days! Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:41 pm 

do anatomy and healing next m8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:10 am 
Well in man, going great guns. A little tip here, if you want to increase your strength more, swordmanship won't do it. maybe mace for a while till you get to 100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:42 am 

No you dont want to do mace fighting! the ff cost to much. do sword to 75. then do lumberjacking to 85. then mine to 95 and good luck with the other 5. This is how i did it because lumberjacking and mining ff are cheap! And they gain str about as fast as mace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:33 am 

its up to you...mining wont make much money because not mqny people at all buy armor, especially cheap armor. Lumberjacking doesnt make much, unless you get your carpentry up to GM. Macefighting gains money, but you throw it away on the forgetful fish(fff). My advice is to train fishing a hell of alot and getting up to 90 and get your own fff and str fish(wonderous fish). However, this takes forever. So its your call. You can mace, wrestle, mine/cut treess. But once you get bored of fighting, fish!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:01 am 
I did it the *hard* way.

I GMed wrestling, winning several wrestling competitions on the way!

However, wrestling is the most costly skill in the game to lose (like 150-200k to get to 0 from GM) - so I wouldn't recommend this method!

However, because I spent so much time wrestling like 4 mages at once at buc's den, this got me a huge amount of healing, parry and resisting spells gains, so I consider it worthwhile.

I also kept getting stat drained by the mages, so I managed to get to 104 str and 100+ dex without fish - which is pretty sweet :)

Still - I'd recommend the macing method as the most practical in terms of strength gain : time ratio.

Ignore the fact that macing costs money to lose - in the time it takes to train lumberjacking and mining and then get rid of it, you could have maced your way to near 100 str, made a load of cash in the process from sun harpies, gained shitloads of other fighter skills like healing, parry, resisting spells et al, and bought enough macing FFF to get you down to 0 mace skill :)

However, I think xkill's method is a clever one, but personally I would rather get a few extra skills and be poor lol...

Alternately, you could just get rid of swords and use mace anyway - you could find that you prefer it - particularly with the laughable reactive armour situation here at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:06 am 
fishing on a warrior.....yah i bet man since it gains so much str cough cough..... but mace fff are not really that expensive and you dont have to get rid of it for a while but it helps alot for a newb to gm anatomy first just set up a macro useskill anatomy wait for target and target self.....do this for about 48 hours and you will have it gmed.....(not afk) :).......and another thing dont worry with archery untill you have 100 dex or it is queer so dont even use a bow for now.....just get a cutlass, and a heater shield for good gains.....bucklers work too but not much of a differnce really......one thing i did for my tank was go buy some wool and cotton and make some cloth, cut them and get about 1400 bandies from cove and find a bull out side....get a smiths hammer (fastest mace wep) and start hitting it...set up a macro for last target wait for target target self and use it to heal i got my leaing to 90 and mace to 70 by the time i got 100 str but i started at 50 str and 40 mace so you would prolly ahve around 40-50 mace and around 70 healing....... then you go to cove gy and gm swords and then gm archery.. so now you have a warrior with gm anatomy gm swords gm tactics gm archery and prolyl around 50-60 parry and 75 healing but only 30 resist.....so then you can find a place where alot of simes spawn and no other monsters come there and let you health regenrate and you should gm parry.... then you find some spellcasters and let them cast on you and foinsh your heal training and resist.... crap i forgot you can use stealth or fencing for dex your choice....but bascily this is what you do to make a warrior

edit- umm somthing is wrong with my keyboard and i cant fix any errors so get over it[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:18 pm 
ok, thanks for the advice everyone, i think ill just go with the mace method, sounds a lot easier and faster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:15 am 
Quote:
is not bad , but depend of how much time u r online training
very true depends on how much time you actually train
you hizzie seem to have too much time to play lol
BTW emerald nice sig was that thass?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]