It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:32 pm

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: A sad day for PVP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:25 pm 
I'm sorry to say this, but for those of you who care Vlad (just Vlad) will now be retiring from the shard indefinitely.

Some of you may have considered me a braggard but the simple matter is that I love to fight, and I love to fuel the rivalry that goes along with PVP.

A few of you who have truly fought me (like Zur and Wizz 2v1 in our guildtown) or Nemo will know that I have practised mage v warrior pvp like noone else here, and I like to feel that I have earned the right to say that I cannot be killed 1v1 when properly kitted out - and that I could be trusted on to defend my companions bitterly in a fight.

Today I fought a GM mage in Wind by the name of Valerie. I fought so hard that Vlad was truly proud and it brought a smile to his face, despite it being contorted in rage because of what was being done by this cheater. I had no poison pots or cures, yet I fought for a full ten minutes vs somebody who both intentionally poison stacked via spell and pot, AND spammed fake spells - both of which are illegal.

The irony was that I would have actually WON in this hugely disadvantaged situation, if Voldemort had not summoned my assailant a horse as he was about to die.

The guy then continued to stack me and spam fake spells, until I gave up and stood to get FSed while triple stacked.

Because I have always fought with honour, and respected the many great pvpers here deeply (MoB (Ashes/Zur), Elleb, Nemo to name but a few) I find it absolutely disgusting to be faced with people who are repeated cheaters and bug abusers for the simple reason - YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO FIGHT ME LEGITIMATELY.

I'm sorry, but after fighting with passion for months Vlad is finally hanging up his axe for the time being. I have been looted by a cheater for the last time :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:36 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Why there arent 50 posts in the first 5 min suporting you i dont know, but everyone on this shard should be grateful for all the time youve spent working to make this shard fun for us players, having scum like valorie here is a very sad day indeed, seen her bullsht first hand. Wish you had ban powers but anyway. Thanks for everything. hope your back soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:45 pm 
Wow, I can see how this has came about, bugs are flying everywhere atm, and people are willing to exploit them.

I'd suggest maybe just waiting till the poison bugs have been fixed, it would be a very sad day if you did leave :( You have did a lot here, and built up a great reputation, I'd hate to see it all go to waste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:54 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
oh cmon i just returned back tothe obsidian and you want to leave...:(
lets just team up and gank all the cheaters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:22 pm 

Website: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Leylah
Yahoo Messenger: habiba_87
dun let dah cheaters win!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:35 pm 
why not a public execution followed by a ban for the little cheating f.u. ck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:56 pm 
this is the second time this has happened i say we just ban her to get this over with...i personaly think it is actually hennesy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:57 pm 
If these kind of players were removed from the shard then I would love to return - until then I simply don't want to PvP :(

I will likely hunt enough to keep my tower alive, but that is about it until things change a little...

For the good players here, I love you all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:26 pm 

With numbers as low as they are iI don't think banning would be the answer especially since there are a lot, but i think the GM's have to come up with stiff penalties(even stat loss if necesssary)but it also has to be proven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:39 pm 
With numbers as low as they are... i think banning is exactly what the shard needs. improve the quality of players and more players will play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:31 am 
i dont have an answer. i saw so meny lerave.. we need somthing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:46 am 

BB and CV both vowed to begin banning people more strictly and you are lucky that this has not been done. It's about time we actually stopped treading on eggshells and instill some discipline into the people that cause trouble. These cheaters and bug abusers are running amok across the shard with no respect for the players and staff, and they WILL be stopped.

I've seen too many good players and my closest friends on shard leave here because of cheating, bug abuse and downright foul behaviour. I think that Bryan is right - I would rather lose 5 cheaters, bug abusers and malicious, immature little a$$holes in order to prevent one good, honest player from leaving - and I like to think that most of you would agree.

People who intentionally break shard rules and abuse bugs repeatedly will either be recieving a lengthy jail sentence and/or a ban, because I have had enough of it. I've put too much work into this shard and too many people have had alot of fun here to allow it to be destroyed by a$$holes.

If you are punished in this manner and disagree with my decision, then you must follow the necessary protocol and PM an Administrator - and I have every faith that (given their declared stance on the matter), if you have been punished for repeated cheating/bug abuse that we all know is unacceptable - you will not be unbanned.

If you are selfish enough to take it on yourself to make new accounts to keep coming back, then you will only make matters worse because BB may need to ban your IP range Vaalor-style - which may prevent those around you from playing.

If I discover any second accounts, these will be banned immediately as well - just like I did to hennessy when he made a second account, and I will do to Wulfgar when I catch him.

And no, I will not listen to having your friends ask me over messenger - this will make you even less likely to be ask for you to be unbanned.

Those who know me will know that my judgment is pretty sound in identifying a$$holes and bug abuse, and that the decent players here get alot of kindness and respect from me - I simply save my wrath for those who deserve it :twisted:

Take care all, and I look forward to seeing you all have fun ingame with less a$$holes and more fun, events and staff time because of this.

Feel free to run - you will die tired!

Counselor Thassius

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:18 am 
Quote:
These cheaters and bug abusers are running amok across the shard with no respect for the players and staff, and they WILL be stopped.
how many non-cheaters will you loose before those players are stoped?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:51 pm 
hmm no more vlad? well that sucks

if so.. u gotta get on and pvp me atleast once before u retire him for a while or whatever so i can spank u.... besides.. it will give u a good come back story later on.. lol... risen from the ashes and blah blah hehe... :P just f*****' with ya.. but i want a match with ya.. :)[/u]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:13 pm 
how about a public execution of ashes,nemo,vold,
if u do that ill gladly come to see there cheating souls perish

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next