It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:03 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Recent spawn changes
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:46 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
1. Hedge maze now the Beholder Maze. Gazers, Elder Gazers, and Beholders added throughout the maze. Headless warriors, mages, and other types added to the center of the maze. Still need to fix the loot tables of the beholder line of mobs.

2. Respawned Wrong (temporary portal in Vesper ATM). Now this dungeon is littered with NPC's ranging from theives, briggands, pirates, and evil mages to witches, barbarians, zolrons to wood elves, frost elves, shadow elves, and lastly more headless, dancing weaponry, dread lords, and shapeshifters.

3. Fixed the teleporter from level 2 to level 3 of Wrong. Added a new teleporter from level 2 to level 1 of wrong in the wood elf area.

4. Added a vampire camp to Deceit.

ADENDUM #1: Vampire camp is sealed off till their loot tables are fixed. They are dropping bugged items they shouldn't be. DO NOT try to equipt one of these "NO DRAW" tiles, they may perminently break your character.

ADENDUM #2: Barbarian Shaman should not be dropping force weapons every time. They will not be spawning until this is fixed. Sorry but this means there are holes in the barbarian camp.

Please give me feedback on loot of any of the NPCs, if there is too much or too little. Keep in mind that NPCs drop a lot of clothing items by themselves they don't need a lot of loot other than that. Next on the serving platter is Hyloth. To do hyloth I need to do a full NPC patch adding new Daemons to the game. When I apply this patch for the new deamons I want to fix any loot issues with the NPCs of Wrong and the vamps added to deceit so please get in your feedback now. Hyloth won't take long at all to respawn once I get the new daemons coded. Give me a week or two tops.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Last edited by CyberVic on Tue May 03, 2005 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:39 am 

I won't even bother giving a step by step analysis. I love the whole dungeon plain and simple.

The numbers jumped from 7 (numbers usually on at this time) to around 15. There was pking, pvm and just tons of fun.

Great work Cyber. Really....Great work!!!!!!

*runs to dump 750 pounds of loot*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:23 am 
Number ARE slowly rising, don't know if its whether people joining because of people hosting (i do actually get 4-5 downloads per day adn 50 hits, just don't know if they actually join), or becasue of people just playing more, but hey, more members :D

Thx for the spawns CV.

Edit: Checked out Wrong, make a nice dungeon for new chars with those npcs, but Voldemort atm and a few others following me around, so meh, could lose the pks. Otherwise its pretty nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:13 am 

The whole reason I was excited about Wrong is cause of the amount of people who will be going there, and the eyes of newt :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:08 am 

Quote:
The whole reason I was excited about Wrong is cause of the amount of people who will be going there, and the eyes of newt :wink:
:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:38 pm 
Staff

Well I'm hoping to make changes to beholder and gazer to include eyes of newt as well so at least there's 2 possible places for people to get it to kind of avoid PK's. I'm also going to up the amount of eye of newt dropping off gazers, elder gazers, and beholders so difficulty of them vs the witches is balanced.

In regards to a newbie dungeon. There's still plans in the work to make anyone with 4+ kills unable to enter Despise. I plan on implimenting this just before I redo despise. Despise will be a unique dungeon with unique monsters only available to non murderers. This will also be the easiest dungeon in Obsidian due to the kinds of stuff I'm going to put in there. It will scale in difficulty so even the moderate level player will have something to kill and enjoy PVP free killing on the lowest level. Of course I want it so veterains get board and leave that dungeon and goto harder places like wrong, deceit, shame, covetous, destard (man that gonna rock when I'm done), etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:57 pm 
despise????? wtf despise has the dragon, elementals, and occasionly a ettin lord or somthing... i think this dungeon is fine the way it is so it dosnt need to be changed... covetous should be changed into a noobie dungeon because its close to cove and its the weakest dungeon anyways

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:25 pm 
I got a bunch of those no draw tiles last night, should I trash them?

Thanks,

Militis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:23 pm 
not recently but along time ago i got no draw tiles (or memory of "monster name").. like when i first started not knowing what they did i have double clicked on em int he past.. could this of messed up my char?
i dont remember any doing anything i trashed em all as i got them.. i thikn i recall one making sandles.. lol.. anyways.. just wondered if it coulda messed me up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:03 am 

As far as I'm aware these are illegal items and should simply be trashed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:20 pm 
great job cv u made wrong an exciting and worth while dungeon again :D
much appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:29 pm 

"No Draws" are place holders, they're neither illegal, nor of any use to anything, they are just a mere place holder for future items.

No it will not change into an item after it's been implemented, they are nothing more then food for your garbage or decoration :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:09 pm 

I know what they are, I just remember something about getting rid of them when cyclops king dropped them... ah well, doesnt bother me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:17 pm 

I always trashed em.. always found em in despise off cyclops kings lol.. i used to think they were rare :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:25 pm 
Staff

Dude Despise just like EVERY other dungeon is going to be redone. It makes sense for Despise to be a newbie dungeon because of A. it's layout B. It's north of britain C. Britain has the no PVP newbie graveyard D. You can get to oasis from the runestone chamber. Plus traditionally Despise has always been the newbie dungeon in UO. It's the first dungeon I went to when I started playing the game many many year ago and it will be the newbie dungeon. Don't worry Destard will be redone as the glorious dragon dungeon it should be soon too.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next