It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:02 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:35 pm 
I noticed while I was lurking on the boards previously that there was discussion about the Obs community shrinking, and people suggesting what needs to be done to bring people in. By and large I like this server alot and intend to play on it for a long time. The people in the IRC channel as well as on the server have all be nice and helpful, and I can say thanks to the people I've learned the ropes on this server faster than any game I've played before.

The only prob I have is its hard for me to find a repair. Thats a huge impediment because it creates alot of downtime while training. I've been playing 3 days now and the last two days I've been on at odd times where there are like 9 people or so on the server. Whenever I need to get a repair I can't find anyone and eventually I end up logging off. When I log back on I still need a repair, so I end up having even more downtime and may end up logging off.

I know veterans have the same problems, but veterans also have a network of friends already and know the people playing pretty well. For a new guy I don't know who's trustworthy and who isn't, whether I just want a repair, or to send this stuff over to a BS char, I don't have that sense of the people that comes with more experience on the shard.

Anyway this whole thing boils down to downtime, which there's nothing I hate more than that. The community that I've met so far has been great though, and without the people who have helped me out so far I would probably be gone by now but I'm going to try and stick around for a while.

Also: Who the hell wants to help me repair?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:39 pm 

yo is ur name saladin in game ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:41 pm 
Nah I'm Augustus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:42 pm 
I can help you.I'm in Vesper.

Marcin[Miner]
DarkMan[Warrior]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:43 pm 
Alright I'll be over there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:50 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

We need some fixes and updates from BB...plain and simple.

He has just about vanished for the last 5 or 6 months and its showing. Every time BB installs an update there is a small rush of players that come back to see what he changed.....some of those players stay for a while...others leave as soon as they see what’s new, but even some people online for a short while is better then not have many people on line at all.

It's all well and good that BB wants to play other games...everyone does once in a while...but his baby is dieing of neglect and I don't even think he knows it....

We also need a continuous seed of Obsidian on the torrent sites. And the sites have to be updated at least every few days to keep the torrent from falling off the front pages.....this would (hopefully) keep a steady flow of new players....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:00 pm 
Thanks Marcin for repairs.

I gotta BS now I'm gonna have to get some stuff schlepped to it next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:02 pm 
no problem.

Marcin[Miner]
DarkMan[Warrior]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:04 pm 
I'd make my blacksmith 50 bs, 50 mining. You might want to make it GM some day, and the mining skill is a lot harder to train than aemslore, which you can train very very easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:17 pm 

When i made my Smith i had 50 smithing 30 tinkering (so you can make pickaxes) and 20 mining.

It took the piss to start with because the mining skill was low but by the time you hit 60 mining which is when you can mine your first coloured ore i had 75ish smithing, helps alot because you dont have a shit load of coloured ore to store.

Being a new player i doubt you have a house yet so storing the ore will be a pain.

Also smelting the ore 1 by 1 will raise mining faster but its boring as hell so your best bet would be to just smelt the coloured ore 1 by 1.

If your serious about making a blacksmith ill buy you a small house by a mine and pay the rent on it untill your warrior is able to hunt for cash, Also when your warrior gets better see Viper or Venom about tagging along on 1 of thier Guild hunts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:49 pm 
Thanks for the advice dudes, anybody trying to help me get my armor to my smithy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:54 pm 
Drop of your armour in one of the chests in the bank or something and then log off and log into your smith and take the armour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:57 pm 
I always use Brit bank for my xfers because no1 is ever there and really no risk of anyone taking ur items while it takes 5-10 seconds to log back in.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next