It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:19 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Crashing Problems
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:49 pm 
Hey. I started playing Obsidian again a few months ago, and had to reinstall the client to do so. Ever since then, the client crashes about once every 20 minutes while in-game.

It usually crashes when I warp to the runestone chamber, am in a dungeon or have a spell cast on me. Whenever a monster casts hallucinate on me, the client crashes about every 5 seconds while I'm hallucinating.

Is this normal? Because when I used to play, I never had problems with the client crashing. I'm not running any programs other than UO and have a decent system, too. Do you think reinstalling Obsidian would fix it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:33 pm 
it might fix it. also you might wanna consider deleting the "desktop" folder from c:\games\obsidian (or wherever you installed the game) before proceeding to reinstalling it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:21 pm 

try uninstalling, then defrag your computer and then reinstall.. It works wonders sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:05 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

And type .resend or .resync after loging in, dieing or getting hallucinations.
Won't help with rc, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:28 am 

If you buy from vendors, especially Mage NPC vendors...don't drag their name off them to find out what it is. For some reason dragging the blue bar off them causes me to crash every time. Just double-click them and get their name from their paper doll....since I started doing the I only seam to crash in specific areas and only occasionally..(Steps of the PK Bridge and fighting pits are the most common).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:48 pm 
Don't warp to runestone chamber until after it stops making that "Waaaaaaaaa" sound once it is ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:07 pm 
There was a post on stability a couple months back by a helpful player, I'll see if he can repost it or if anyone can find a copy of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:19 am 
mainly you jsut wanna spam .resend and .resync when you get on and when somthing big happens... another thing... this is prolly not true but i noticed when i would make a new character he would crash alot more but when i started playing on more they stoped crashing as much...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]