It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:20 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Patcher not working
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:52 am 
i havent been able to get on the last few months cuase of the stupid patcher... it says that it cannot open patcher or connect to patch server or summat like that...
and before i noticed website was out and that maybe they shut down obs, but i see its back up and i still cant get on... pls help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 pm 
My suggestion on this one is reinstall Obsidian if you still have the install file cauz dling it can be a **** in terms of time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:04 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

hmmm if the patcher itself is the problem and you havent played since the last patch it will insist on getting you to the latest patch and if you have any changed files such as music files it could cause it to fail.

during the christmas patch it took me an hour to figure out i had changed a combat midi file to play a metallica midi instead. since the music was being updated i guess it didnt like finding my homeade midi in there . luckily when i do things like that i make a folder to hold all the original files in case i need em. maybe this isnt the prob at all just a longshot trying to help.

and yes reinstaling would be my first thought and honestly its not that hard to do but keep in mind if you have aos,uose or any other seperate uo installed elsewhere then when you reinstall obsi it will screw both of them. you have to install obsi with no other uo client on . then reinstall the other client if you want it back. there are probably other ways too but this works. thx to outz the obsi dl is sweet and fast. a good place to get help is obsis chat server btw.

Last edited by Drizzt on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:18 am 
... i havent changed any files. so!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:26 am 

ill think on it then man i really would like to see you get back on with us.
let you know if i think of anything. good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:34 pm 

Dude, the most simple thing to try would be:

1) uninstall Obsidian
2) ensure the Obsidian folder is completely deleted
3) install Obsidian afresh (using the latest client download), and run the patcher

If the patcher still refuses to connect, check your firewall perhaps. If you have a software firewall, try disabling it to see if this is an issue preventing the patcher connecting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:02 pm 
heh well i figured out a way around the patcher but i need an account now cus mine got deleted due to inactivity..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:45 am 
it might also be that some ports that obsi patcher needs are blocked. that's most likely to happen if you're on a local area network. some network admins block most ports in order for the network to be secure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:50 am 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
Spawn is a l33t hacker who thinks he's hacked around the patcher.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:47 pm 
he he he... cyber, you cant say that :'P ur the one who got me into ultima online from playing cs. from the old forums of the clan i use to be in on cs with you. heh.

oooh and btw i got a weird e-mail
"Oh, and if your account has been deleted for inactivity don't let that
stop you from coming back. So many things have changed in the world
that it's as fun as ever starting a new character and exploring the
lands!"
well my account is deleted and thats whats stoping me cus i cant make a NEW one cus of my IP address... LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:50 pm 
Quote:
it might also be that some ports that obsi patcher needs are blocked. that's most likely to happen if you're on a local area network. some network admins block most ports in order for the network to be secure.
dude im not stupid, i know all about ports and i got it set up so that, ehh better not explain it to you, to much to type and u wouldn't understand :'P
:P .... so he he he he

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:10 pm 
i can't know what you know so i thought that my input could solve your problem. i didn't mean to say that you don't know anything about networking and so on. i'm a network admin myself so i think i'd understand if you'd tell me - but it so happens that i probably already know it. anyways, good luck in fixing your problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:10 pm 
Oigen, i host a radio server, or use to, i can connect to anyone that allows me to, and ANYONE could conncent to me, so long as i have my radio on, for the second half that is =P...
and btw, if i get an account, im coming back.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]