It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:30 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:05 am 

It should arrive today or tomorrow. here we go.

Amd 3200 64 bit
Gigabyte k8nf
512*2 DDR 400
160 GB W.D II
GeForce Fx 6600
Thats about it.
Should be a good computer,what do ya thinki?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:07 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Aye, pretty cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:18 am 
Pretty decent system, how much did it cost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:21 am 

Sounds like a cool system! If you are using nForce onboard audio its pretty good, but if you plan on gaming alot I'd heartily recommend a creative X-fi soundcard. The things sound great but they are really fast, taking more audio overhead off the CPU - and thus will give you a good performance boost that would normally be attributed to a CPU costing $250 more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:06 pm 

hmm it costed him hmm like
600$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:17 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I think that will be lowest minimum spec soon for the games coming out, i'd have gone a little higher on the graphics card, a gig of ram and the Xifi soundcard too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:48 pm 

I just got Athlon 64 3700+/2GB premium RAM/ 250gb hdd/7800GT/X-fi/VP930b 19" LCD/Logitech Z-5450 5.1 surround

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:07 pm 

damn u rich ppl :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:11 pm 
Quote:
I just got Athlon 64 3700+/2GB premium RAM/ 250gb hdd/7800GT/X-fi/VP930b 19" LCD/Logitech Z-5450 5.1 surround
I still like my specs better :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:21 am 
my comps a monster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:59 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i got a new alien war comp ,pretty dam cool if it would stop restarting cuz of a few of these corrupt sound files
cost me 15k and 40 deomon bones b/c of a restart
and on top of that *and by far the most imbarrasing* when i reboot i find checopete has stubled ontop my dead corpses,,and starts looting it :(

Is this the one that I JUST gave you?
I didn’t give you this to sell, I gave you this because I wanted to help you hunt, gain skills, and hopefully some day you would be getting your own You begged me for this, and then you turn around and sell it?
Quote:
woops wrong number its a +5 and no the one u gave me im keeping
sub zero- The SnowMan
interceptor- frost warrior
DK- pvm in training
chips- Lord of the Sea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:37 pm 

Quote:
i got a new alien war comp ,pretty dam cool if it would stop restarting cuz of a few of these corrupt sound files
cost me 15k and 40 deomon bones b/c of a restart
and on top of that *and by far the most imbarrasing* when i reboot i find checopete has stubled ontop my dead corpses,,and starts looting it :(
You hardly crashed when I killed you in Hyloth...

Funny about Checo tho! lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:38 am 

I just finished building a new system I got a 4200+ dual core amd 2 gigs corsair xms ddr 400 ram 300 gig seagate barracuda 7200.9 a asus a8n-e nforce 4 ultra motherboard and a 7900gtx. That would explain why I havent been on obs lately :-P Also things to add to that list are a blue orb 2 cpu cooler and all thermalake fans 8 total to be exact and a led lighting kit and braded wires comeing from the psu :)

SirMixAlot Alch and Bowcraft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:09 am 

I cant believe you are running eight case fans! Your PC must sound like a vacuum cleaner.

I'm running an Antec P150 case. It has acoustic shielding pads inside, and a silent PSU. I'm running one silent case fan set to 'low', and the system still runs perfectly cool (35-40 degrees in a warm bedroom) overclocked slightly.

My PSU is a thermaltake Golden Orb silent one on the low speed setting, and with a slightly overclocked Athlon 64 3700+ im idling at 38 degrees - but then I am using Arctic Silver 5 too.

I even have my hard disk suspended with rubber ties instead of screwed into the case, so there is no vibration noise. The DVD drive is also mounted using rubber spacers.

In all, the only reason I can hear my PC is because the cooler from the graphics card speeds up because it is overclocked. If I run at stock speeds the machine is almost completely silent.

And I think I'm going to get a quiet cooler for the 7800GT too, and mounting it with Arctic Silver 5 instead of that rubbish thermal tape/compound they come with...

NB: A quick, EASY mod for everyone who likes to overclock your graphics card. Remove the stock cooler (carefully), scrape off the thermal tape/paste with a credit card, and then clean all contact surfaces with isopropyl alcohol and a lint-free cloth. Next, apply Arctic Silver 3 or higher and reseat the heatsink/fan (again, carefully). AS will change its chemical properties in the first 24 hours of operation, so its worth waiting a little, but your temps will increase by a few degrees at both idle and load...and its FREE! This should take you... 10-30 minutes - Thassius

I'd highly recommend this to anyone - how much time do you spend looking at your PC?

I'd rather have something sleek and silent than a monstrosity that sounds like a jet engine and has more lights than your average carnival! Even my hard disk light annoys me - im considering putting blu-tac over it :lol:

Your system specs sound awesome though, BiteMe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:37 am 

Well they arent really all that loud I only put in 3 fans that didnt come with the case and they are all thermalake cool n quiet fans. It does have a little bit of a sound to it but nothing unbareably noticable. They are adjustible like the ones U have and I have them turned up about 1/4 of the way. As far as my temp it usually ranges about 60degrees F so around 17 degree celcius. I got mine over cloced from the 2.2gig to 2.4gigs its a dual core but not many programs or games are useing it yet but it will come in handy within the next year.

SirMixAlot Alch and Bowcraft

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next