It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:23 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:00 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: redraven799
Ya, we know who you are Kraken, your CIA identity is known! lol, being staff isn't as top secret as everyone(staff) would like to think.

On the topic of staff activity, it would be nice to see more than Koldoon and Echo on. I wanna see some BB on, fixin bugs, etc. I mean, Echo does all he can with what he has but we need someone who can...blah blah it's been said. I just don't see anything happening with obs to make it better. Kinda sad too, I don't want to see obs die, I wouldn't have met my precious if it weren't for it. But every time I'm on I'm usually the only one at the bank for long periods of time. I miss a lot of the people that quit.

Oh well, que sera sera(sp?)...whatever will die will die...

They can take obs away but can't take away the friends I've made.

Lumbie - I've got wood! [ACME]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:02 pm 

You'll find that I will be more active as and when Broadband comes to fix the stuff you've described and we can lead a recruitment drive. Scraping the dregs to unban our banned players is not, in my view, a suitable solution.

You forget that the current staff / moderators were recruited by me when I was more active; real-life commitments et al have simply reduced my ingame time in the past few months.

To reiterate once again, to the creator of yet another 'what we need to fix' thread (yawn).

We need Broadband.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:05 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: redraven799
Agreed, until BB is active, there is not point in even trying to do anything for the shard. Like this saying, "Up s***creek with a turd for a paddle" oh wait, without a paddle, ya that's it.

Lumbie - I've got wood! [ACME]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:49 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
(I would appreciate it if you guys read this :) )

Ok so ive read this thread...ive read the other billion like it. And just like thass has said in this one ("We need Broadband") and as many have said in other posts (i.e. we need an active admin etc etc)...do they actually know what is going on atm - like the decreasing number of full time active players? or has bb himself responded to staff updates with a 'yeah..im working on it!' or a 'bbs!' or even a 'goto hell, i got other stuff to do' - this isnt criticism i appreciate what these guys do, i mean i'd volunteer myself only its a case of 'been there, done that' and i like my player acc too much, selfish? maybe.

But ya know, unlike the many who have joined our shard then quit soon after, i dont play here for the top end graphics, the advanced & custom items i can get. For me obs is sumed up in one word 'Nostalgia'. The lacking graphics, the long hours it requires, and the memories it brings back (i.e. the bugged landscapes of brit sewers & the lost lands or whatever it was called thru the gate of vesper gy) the paging every hour "help pls im stuck in the floor". Ya know...believe it or not uo:t2a was release around October 1998, and obs is the closest thing to that (t2a) that i know of with a reasonably active player base and back then we didnt have all the different races & custom skills/items & what not - we had humans and the basic regular skills. And this is what we were satisfied with. Ok at one stage we got Vampires and eventually i was lucky enough to be one of them but this was partly to add to the roleplay aspects of the game and the vampires had to train their skills like everyone else. Do i think obs would benefit from reintroducing races? You damn skippy, everywhere else has them - so for those looking for a new place to play its gunna be a really important aspect (it is for me when i feel like trying out new shards).

On the subject of race chars on obs, here is a thought...we are suffering from bugs and stuff at the moment. Several players are lucky enough to have their original race char on their acc, we reintroduce races for now until all bugs (or as many as possible are fixed etc) Under The Supervision of Staff Members (GM's & higher) and in the same manner we went about the mass banning of the multi-acc user etc a few months back (surely it cant be much more effort supervising this than it was screening accounts for legitimacy in unbanning claims & other such complaints). I mean even if this was not possible, on my acc i have 5 chars, of which my warrior is the most accomplished - who i would delete in a heart beat in order to creat a vampire or something similar (if it were not possible for me to turn him into a race char - i.e. conversion would delete his stats). Bad idea? w/e its just a thought, current players need to have a little fun if they are to continue here. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy playing here - although it could do with a few more faces both new & old - for me other shards just dont offer the same levels of nostalgia (ok so some of you are not here to bring back old memories and dont even realise that Obsidian is game called 'Ultima Online' - but hell its just a game) lets enjoy it while we can.

BB although ive never had the opportunity to converse with your good self, we miss having you around (make a player acc if thats what it needs to have you around lmao! :lol: ) or please at least give us the 'bbs' indications thats we be waiting for or give staff an update they can pass one to players. This isnt a war, there is no iron curtain or other conspiracies and stuff your players would really really appreciate an update or two, a 'hi peeps' would be fantiastic :D

Anyways as has been stated by many before me, 'this is just my 2 cents' - i feel like a small fish in a big pond :D...i wish you guys well, and hope to see ya's in game...

(Lets just reiterate that thought again before i sign off, Lets have a bits of fun - then correct all this sh*t in a few months or whatever with a patch, update or new rules or something. Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun :D a game remember)

The good old tax man :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:17 pm 

Well said tax_man...

Ok so, let's say.. since the unbanning of certain players is the key atm to revive a bit the shard player base, why not start with that?

Maybe they expolited some bugs ecc ecc, but the bugs have been fixed so far, so just allow them to play again, maybe just with a new account...

Like some banned players (not gonna say who but u can imagine) have been allowed again, again, again, again, and again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:07 am 

Cheers terek :) its was just a few thoughts towards whats going on - i think sometimes active players are feeling forgotten about :? .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:34 am 

Quote:
Cheers terek :) its was just a few thoughts towards whats going on - i think sometimes active players are feeling forgotten about :? .
I bet they are afraid of those coming backs...

Yet the best players were banned...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 am 
i agree with unbanning all banned players, but hey my opinion really doesn't matter, i don't call the shots.

i agree with you tax it would be alot better if bb just made 1 post per week or just checked in to say hi or whatever, but he doesn't atm so we go back to the old waiting game we are so used to playing around here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:45 am 

Quote:
Still crying about that candy that mean man stole off you when u were 3?
Life goes on man.

no but im still crying about other shit that isnt going to get fixed because someone is could with their tounge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:25 am 

ahahah taxmans avatar lol.. cant stop laughing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:40 am 

:lol: one of my favourites, had to use it :lol:

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2