It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:39 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 77 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:45 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
errrm... most people are way ahead of ya... now u the one that sounds like a dick here, telling ppl to go away will NOT make things ANY better.

It wouldn't be the first time I sounded like a dick (LOL!) Really man, I just wanted Spiffy to go do something else a while and quit whining. I didn't say "Go Away", what I said was pretty much saying "take it or leave it, just don't whine about it". Like he gives a crap what I have to say anyway...

The "demi-gods" thing has been a long time joke of mine referring to admins of the shard, however unfunny it may be :( No hard feelings Spiffy, but don't you think it's better to show yr support by just sticking around and checking in for things to be fixed instead of complaining of the obvious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:31 pm 
Game Admin

Broadband does care about Obsi - if he didn't then he wouldn't spend his own money and time fixing things up.

Tax summed it all up pretty well. Those 5 minutes always end up turning into hours and that can be a real strain on an already busy schedule. There's no need to say some of the things you're saying Spiffy - they're just going to end up upsetting someone and causing more harm than good.

Kudos to Bob for putting in ALL the hard work to get these things moving though. He's been a real saint with the amount of dedication and hard work he's put into this game. I badly need to pull my finger out and follow the example he's setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:41 pm 

If you guys are always busy and never have time to get on, maybe you should consider recruiting more staff? Theres lots of people that are on all day that im pretty sure would take up the position of staff. just my opinon =\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:53 pm 

Spiffy...it is not your comments that make you seem like a dick

It is you being a dick that makes you seem like a dick.

A lot of work goes into creating and building a shard. Everything from website design to monotonous hours of scripting and rescripting both default and custom scripts. And hours of testing, testing, testing, testing, testing and more testing, followed by more testing and finished with more rescripting and retesting.
It is not a simple connect the dots or a paint by numbers that you may be used to. It is more like women...no matter what you do, you are wrong. :roll: And even when everything ends up perfect, be sure something will soon be wrong...and perhaps resulting in prolonged 'down time' :cry:

If you have a 'Mommy issue' and need to see BB ingame all the time to make you feel wanted, see a shrink....
Other than that....just shut up for once and wait quietly like the rest of the children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:42 pm 

Ive had a shard guy above me. And i know what it takes.I also know that whoever is next to the server could probably fix this problem "temporarily" at the drop of a hat. I feel 100% that obsidian has never had proper advertisement and has alot more potential than it seems. I would trade in my account for a staff account. And be only staff as it should be. And not a staff here and a player on another shard as that would be wrong. I do realize however that GM bob has done everything he can and im sorry if i sound offensive but i assure you if i were to speak with you in "real life" you would understand and consider my point of view. I wish there was better communication between staff. I think if Gm bob and Gm Echo could speak with each-other on the phone for just 2 minutes a week or something communication would be wonderful. :)

The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes preferred, since the right is not confined to verbal speech but is understood to protect any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:00 pm 

The waiting game is never easy but its better than having the shard pulled down permanently. Just find something else to do in your spare time and before you know it Obsidian will be back and BETTER than ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:08 am 

been sayin that for 2 years chemi ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

I have just cleaned up a good deal of harsh words from this topic, and to the people involved, suggest you either take it to pm, or let it go, as it really serves no purpose.

That being said, the active staff have contact information for when things need to be escallated immediately. Echo and I routinely talk on the phone about things, and thassius has my number for when things come up. Likewise the active staff have broadband's number for emergencies as well, and i have been trying to reach him.

I am actually finally in contact with him right now once we finish hashing out how things will go and are sure i'll post here, so probably tomorrow.
Either the patch will be put in then, or we'll delay it until the patch can get put in. It depends on how the final test of the new patch runs, which requires broadband's access and is tenatively scheduled for tomorrow morning(20ish hours from now).

Once the patch is in and all testing is done, we will be doing a proper recruitment drive like we did to get up to 100+ players on at any given time. We've been purposefully waiting to recruit until this patch, as to how important it is.

While that will require new staff once it is done, we do not need more staff at this time. The only reason things have taken this long, as i said earlier, is not that we don't have enough staff, but that things would bottleneck waiting for input or work from one staff or another, and in general that our current staff have been busy. New staff wouldn't help in this respect because of how much the patch is integrated into the existing obsidian, really only the gms+ have been able to work on it.

But yes, once we are recruiting we will probably hire more staff. More will be said at that time.

I believe that covers everything mentioned so far in the thread, if i missed something let me know, i'll be on all day working on things.

Last edited by GMBob on Sun May 11, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:50 pm 

THANKS for the update Bob, I really can't wait to see what you guys have up your sleeves with this new patch. Makes me feel like a little kid going to a toy shop!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:08 pm 

cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:40 pm 

dude.... you rock....not one harsh word towards me
you make a great gm
and im so glad to hear about the recruiting wait thing it makes me happy
im sorry about all the ip address nonsense.
but this curtis guy givin mine away :?
well thank you though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:49 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

bob is AWESOME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:10 am 

:?
thnx for sweeping the leg bob
so 3 hours from now? 4:38 pm?
i think maybe something is being done currently 8:50pm (i think...hope....)
nm think i was wrong :(
yep i was wrong
ok this sucks 10:11 pm
well wtf, 10:40 pm
been a long day of waiting...
hope im in the wrong time zone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Alright. The first two of three tests just finished on the patched shard, and we only had around .01% of the shard produce errors, which is amazing considering how big this patch is. Until this week, the number has been closer to 20-40% everytime we tried running the patch on test. The third test is running now and if it returns nothing then the patch will probably go live in a couple days. However if the third test, which is the most strict, doesn't go well, the maximum time i predict it'll take to fix stuff is around 2 weeks.

What this means is sometime tonight or tomorrow probably the shard will be back up, with another small time increment backwards(which will still be added to all chars when the patch goes in). Your chars will get a little younger, same as last time.

Staff will take this time to fix the .01% that is giving errors and ensure that nothing will go wrong when the patch goes live. Once we are fairly certain of this, we will give a 24 hour warning, and then install the patch. So expect the patch anytime between now and 2 weeks + 3 days from now, depending on how tonight's final tests go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:08 pm 

Ty for the updates :D

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 77 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next