It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]

Do you want default mixing to do one, or to do as many as you have resources for?
One by one  60%  [ 15 ]
All at once  40%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

Alright, simple alchemy poll.

Do you want potions to be mixed one by one, like they are currently.
OR
Do you want them to be like arrows, where it will try to make as many as you have the resources for on your character?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:30 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
This poll caused some thought. (as if any poll shouldn't)

I voted all since you mentioned arrows. I GMed my bowyer by making arrows one at a time. But now that I'm at GM I wouldn't hesitate to make a bunch all at one time.

For the budding Alchy that means skill building. For the GM that means "How many do you need? OK...just a sec...here..."

Of course, I'm sure it depends on the difficulty of the potion in question. I don't think many people are going to be burning a stack of demon bones to attempt to make a bunch of int pots. But, hey, if they want to, I guess let them go for it. For the lesser "bread and butter" pots it might mean less time mixing and more time playing "outside".

Also, I'm curious how banging out pots in one shot might effect the economy. I never saw lesser pots on vendors but maybe now if you can crank a bunch out in one shot it might put some things in the reach of newbies. I don't think it will be a major deal either way. I'm just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:57 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

yeah one by one cause fail will be too costly plus pple will get carpel tunnel trying to train alchemy if they have to split regs wont they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:58 am 

i voted all at once, because you can use autopilot to split regs for training

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:10 am 

I voted one by one coz i hate using those macro programs & to be honest...i'd quite like fletching to be the same although obviously this isn't the time or place for lodging such a request :)

I also think the new speed at which you can create potions is fast enough, i don't see much point in the mass-production option :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:06 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
would it be like fletching was when you have one shaft or log in a little bag and target that and the big stack in your pack itself. then it goes one by one? or would it search for everything.

cause if you make it the same as fletching was then you have the option of one by one or all at once and you get the best of both worlds thus satisfying everyone.

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:10 pm 

Maybe you could implement something like only GM alcheys can mass produce? And perhaps even a way to toggle it on/off? That way everybody wins! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:33 am 

Quote:
would it be like fletching was when you have one shaft or log in a little bag and target that and the big stack in your pack itself. then it goes one by one? or would it search for everything.

cause if you make it the same as fletching was then you have the option of one by one or all at once and you get the best of both worlds thus satisfying everyone.
Thank you, Dedo. I was going to say that very same thing! And since you were my Bowcraft teacher, you get all of the credit! :)

However, I'm thinking this might be a bit harder since there are more than just a few ingredients involved. It's not like with Bow/Fletch where you would target that single log or shaft in your little bag. We are talking multiple ingredients for the completion of that one thing. Unless they make it so you can put the mortar/pestle in the small bag along with the few ingredients required for one pot of what you want while leaving the rest of your stock in your main pack, I'm not sure if this could easily be done.

Then again, maybe it is? What do you say, Bob? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:18 am 

venoms idea is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:24 pm 

If you could mass produce potions tho what would that do to the fail rate? Could you fail and lose 150 deamon bones in 1 shot? I like the new set up tho where you can choose what kind of potion to make, greater, lesser etc. solves the problem of having to split regs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:11 pm 

I don't have an alchy, yet...

But that was my thoughts too.
I do know that with cooking, if you fail you burn the whole stack.

Nash Fisher - Fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:55 pm 

well thats where the toggle on/off comes in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:02 am 

I wish I could change my vote to "One by one" since it seems I have forgotten one of my favorite axioms: K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid).

It appears that nobody including myself has really championed the cause for the mass production of potions. Even belgarion echoed my sentiment by bringing up the burning of a bunch of Deamon Bones in what could only be described as an Epic Alchy Fail. There is no doubt that such an event would probably follow with ones character running around in a few random circles before mysteriously disconnecting without properly logging off.

Yes, Venom's toggle option is a very good idea and Dedo and I seem to think that potion making a la Bowcraft/Fletching (your ingredients for 1 potion + your mortar/pestle in a small bag while the rest are in your main pack) should do the same thing. But is it really worth it or even possible?

Even with the speed of potion making as it is now I can still see how it might be nice to be able to bang out a bunch of easy potions from time to time. However, with so much going on right now is it really worth the time and effort to make it work?

In short, I'm going to have to stand on changing my vote to One by one. For now at least... ;)

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]