It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:16 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: Rollback
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:53 am 
Site Admin

The rollback, and associated conversions, have been completed.

You can now play freely without worry of another major rollback. Assuming no one's been keeping some ultra bug hidden and abusing it. :)

I will post a more in-depth news post in a few hours.
For now i will point out that you need to not panic... everything that was done has a reason. Promise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:15 pm 

TY for the update

i know its been talked alot, and i havent played for the past 2-3 days, we still gotta demolish the houses thingy ?

Post subject: Re: Rollback
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:46 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
For now i will point out that you need to not panic... everything that was done has a reason. Promise.
There's a reason why i now have 0gp?...i hope it isn't just so everyone starts afresh. & assuming that was the final rollback given no mega secret bugs etc its staying that way? :(

...Or is it just me thats broke? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:04 pm 

so far you, apoc and me that reported it being broke, i assume its everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:25 pm 

I sure as hell hope that is not the case because i had almost 5 million and i WILL NOT start over!!!! This is completely f****** retarded!!!! You have 30 days to move all your shit that it toofk you years to collect but we will wipe all your accounts so you can't even afford a place to put it. You know what f*** this stupid game i have had enough of this crap. You have dedicated players that stuck with you through everythiing and this is how you f*** them? Because a couple of assholes duped bottles everyone has to suffer? I knew this was going to be the final nail in the coffin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:55 pm 

Quote:
I sure as hell hope that is not the case because i had almost 5 million and i WILL NOT start over!!!! This is completely f****** retarded!!!! You have 30 days to move all your shit that it toofk you years to collect but we will wipe all your accounts so you can't even afford a place to put it. You know what f*** this stupid game i have had enough of this crap. You have dedicated players that stuck with you through everythiing and this is how you f*** them? Because a couple of jerks duped bottles everyone has to suffer? I knew this was going to be the final nail in the coffin.
Whoa there big guy! Hang in there!

Check out my polite post on that very subject somewhere in http://www.dxgaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=19236

In other news, thanks Bob and everyone else. This has been pretty tough on GMs and vet players alike. Hopefully when the dust settles we can all get down to some serious UOing again. Just like old times only better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:02 pm 

Quote:
I sure as hell hope that is not the case because i had almost 5 million and i WILL NOT start over!!!! This is completely f****** retarded!!!! You have 30 days to move all your shit that it toofk you years to collect but we will wipe all your accounts so you can't even afford a place to put it. You know what f*** this stupid game i have had enough of this crap. You have dedicated players that stuck with you through everythiing and this is how you f*** them? Because a couple of jerks duped bottles everyone has to suffer? I knew this was going to be the final nail in the coffin.
I'm thinking the same exact thing =\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Check out my polite post on that very subject somewhere in http://www.dxgaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=19236
It's past time for being polite, the people that have played here for a long time have put up with way to much to have someone just decide to take away everything they have worked for because he thinks it would be cool if everyone had to start over again. If I am starting over again it will be somewhere else where i know that someone is not going to just step in and wipe what I have worked for for 3 1/2 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:23 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's past time for being polite, the people that have played here for a long time have put up with way to much to have someone just decide to take away everything they have worked for because he thinks it would be cool if everyone had to start over again. If I am starting over again it will be somewhere else where i know that someone is not going to just step in and wipe what I have worked for for 3 1/2 years.
hate to say it but in a way hes right... at the same time i love obs and dont want to look for another shard but it does kinda suck...

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject: Bank
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:27 pm 

Yeah have to agree with begarion and apoc. Sorry to say but i have lost a ton of things was told i would get it back in the roll back but nothing. And now with the gold thing witch i know we all could go and hunt. But whats the point if we are going to lose it. I have only been here for about 2.5 years and only had 1 rare thing witch was a gift now its gone. So idk maybe they will fix everything :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:09 pm 

Quote:
Well, sir, I feel your rage. Also, I have to add that even though I myself have been plugging away on Obs for a while (about a year prior to my forum join date. long story) I am sure that there are many more who have much more invested as far as time, item acquisitions, skill honing, and even political standing based on these and many other things.

Yes, it's a bitter pill to swallow when the "Lord of the House" finally comes back to make changes for the better while at the same time seeming to have an almost complacent attitude concerning the veteran player base. On the surface it may appear that he has no idea just how much of a "Lord of the Flies" world has been evolving in that innocuous machine he may have sitting in a corner somewhere. It even may seem that he has no attachment whatsoever with the veteran players and, as hard as it is to accept, that is his right.

Having said that, we have to at least put a little faith in the GMs who have for years now put up with player complaints left and right. If anything, they have proven themselves dedicated to our cause simply because they have put up with our crap for years.

I am with you in that the time for politeness is seemingly at an end. But you can still be direct, to the point and, yes, borderline rude if you have to be. Threatening to leave isn't going to help. However, stating your point clearly without fearing the absolute power of "The Man" will go farther than you think.

Obsidian, in my opinion, is a well balanced and fair UO server. Why do I say that? Because it has evolved to such a point since so many people, both players and GMs, have stuck with it and made it work. I don't think that BB is going to disregard that fact. I don't know why he has such a passion for keeping this great server alive but I'm sure there is a story behind it. Maybe after everything settles for a bit we will learn a bit more about the man behind the machine.

At any rate, I would hate to see you go. Stay a while and use your experience to help make Obs a better place while it sheds it's 3rd age skin. State your case and keep in mind that, like Bob said, there are reasons why they did things the way they did. Again, I look forward to the "tell all" tale when things settle.

Well, my download is done and I'm ready to see what all the hub-bub is about. See ya out there! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:36 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

maybe every account should get one free small house to start with so we can store our stuffz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:17 pm 

Quote:
maybe every account should get one free small house to start with so we can store our stuffz.
havent you read?

use the .packhouse command and it'll store everything from your house in a gift box in your pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:57 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
Quote:
I agree it would make it easier to get everything accomplished in the 30 days we have. but if we pack our houses and wait until sunday (i read that somewhere) then we can demolish the old house get a deed for it and put it right back down then unpack the old house.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:09 pm 

Website: http://www.facebook.com/editbadge.php?bid=2100#/profile.php?id=515737718&ref=profile
Quote:
Quote:
I agree it would make it easier to get everything accomplished in the 30 days we have. but if we pack our houses and wait until sunday (i read that somewhere) then we can demolish the old house get a deed for it and put it right back down then unpack the old house.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
I have heard this too, I hope it's true. I also hope if we get deeds that we can place then in different places. Lets hope ey :D. I'm sure we will know about that on the weekend.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]