It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:30 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 8   [ 116 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 pm 

Seems someone didn't see Peyton's performance Thursday. I miss the days of Lawrence Taylor and Jeff Hostetler in New York :(. At least no one here is a Pats fan (like my wife) :)

by the way...the Cowboys have a better shot at a college bowl game than making the superbowl :)

Rob - GM bank sitter/self-preservationist[Restless]
Ichigo - GM miner/blacksmith/ider/philanthropist[StoneD]
Cedar - GM Lumberjack/Master Tailor/Master Carpenter [Crafters]:(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:29 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
The G -men smashed Carolina's defense but they couldn't stop the D- Train. DeAngelo Williams should of been in the pro bowl. He should be MVP because he single handly led his team to the playoffs... but the Giants still beat them so I have to give them credit they are back...Also Bret Farve should retire.. he throws ints every game...HE just cant read coverages anymore... anyway another great week of football comin up...Pats not gonna make it to the playoffs so break the news to your wife lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:23 pm 

Dude...Brett Favre has led the NFL in ints almost every year since he was a rookie. He holds the career interceptions thrown record along with his td record...the guy shoulda given it up a while back.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:25 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

All packer fans cried a little when he retired...and we cried a lot when he became a Jet. If you wonder why, take a look at the Packers seasons in the 16 years before Farve took over behind center, and compare them to the 16 years he was on the feild in green and gold. He has faults, we are MORE then aware of that up here, but he has a presence that his teammates somehow respond to. No matter who his teammates are, his team usually has a good season. Only 1 loosing season in 17 years speaks volumes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:12 pm 

never said peyton wasnt awesome just he bitches at his teammates too much and blames others when they lose.

the packers suck cause they didnt play defense this year, nothing wrong with their offense rodgers is gonna be great.
farve was still great pretty much all qbs throw a ton of ints its just part of the game. true he is the ultimate gunslinger but he still has the ability to inspire pple around him to play hard.

hostetler got us the ring vs buffalo in '90 but he was just a backup to the true great phil simms who was hurt. toughest qb of all time hands down albeit not the most talented. '86 giants one of the all time greatest teams.

the reason deangelo is so awesome is because he is from arkansas. we breed killer rb's down here its all this state is good for. he played for memphis but he played high school at wynn, AR. when he was in high school he looked like a man among boys on the field just ran by and/or over anyone effortlessly.

got a few rookies in the league this year from AR mcfadden, jones and hillis (fb).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:15 pm 

I have to step in and say John Elway > Brett Favre as the ultimate gunslinger. Although they lost 2 superbowls in the 80's, it was almost entirely Elway who got them there. I hated that it took til the end of his career for John to get the rings he deserved.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:04 pm 

Hes from Little Rock isnt he? Yea D-Mac is the future hopefully his toe will be at 100% next season...cuz from what I hear those big toe injuries can be career changing making you slower and he had both feet with the same injury Im pulling for him to comeback next season...LT got the same injury this year...and we all see how well he looked. Anyway I only like Bret Farve cuz Hes been playing forever now...I was a kid in middle school when he won the super bowl..I like the old school players but yea he should retire this was really his only shot a team with a good defense good weapons a great o line.... He had it set up and failed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:38 am 

yeah elway was good cause he could scramble really well had a cannon arm too. but he did have a great defense and receivers in those 3 super bowls he lost, . and the 2 years they won they had a great running game too. in 87 sb, they would have beaten most teams but they had to play the 86 giants one of the best teams ever. the next year who knew doug williams was going to come in as backup qb and have the best game of his career in the sb.

favre had a great defense when he won his super bowl. reggie white was a beast. anyone could have been qb for the packers and they probably still would have won with that defense. what makes favre so great is his attitude. pple can see he just loves to play the game.

imo the best qb ever was marino he was like peyton manning if he had the ball at the end of the game and only needed one score you were beat. some might say montana but i think montanas team around him was always great marino never had that.

d-mac had toe probs in college as well and bounced back so maybe he will be ok, i just hope pple get to see how good he is. he deserves recognition he is terrible fast and hard to tackle in the open field if someone on that shitty raiders team would just block.

felix jones is really fast and is on the right team to succeed. if dmac had dallas' o-line he would probably already be in the top 2 or 3 backs in the nfl. even though i hate the cowboys lol.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am 

Marino was the greatest qb to never win a sb...which is a damned shame. It seems his receivers (Irving Fryar, anyone?) came too late in his career :(

Montana was great, but I do agree that he was great because he had a great team around him.

Personally, I think Peyton and Eli have a couple more super bowl ring opportunities left in them, and I would love to see a Manning brothers superbowl - might have to take off work for that one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:50 pm 

rofl cowboys.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:22 am 

embarrassing I blame the raiders though they inspired the eagles... lol They really wanted to make the playoffs this year... how about the donkeys losing to the bolts.... wow and the Lions 0 - 16...lol at Drew Brees coming 16 yards shy of breaking marinos record and decides to throw deep. I would of lost the game on a 10 yard pass just to get the record.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:12 am 

yeah i saw that i was like what the hell you idiot he had that record easy like 3 pple wide open for the record and he passes into a crowd trying to win it lol. i got news for him if he wants to win he needs to get out of new orleans they dont know how to win just ask archie manning.

i knew the chargers would destroy the broncs denver are beat up with injuries and bolts are peaking finally. it will be hard to slow down their offense they could cause an upset in the playoffs the colts will have their hands full.

just hope big blue get some rest and dont get embarrassed like the boys lmao. that was a total asswhipping omg how does tampa lose to the raiders rofl looooooooolllololololo all they have to do is beat the raiders and ur in the playoffs id be like well shit then we're in for sure but nooooo lol what a great year so far lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:27 pm 

Hey...I think that Peyton might have enough money to buy Tony Romo and Terrell Owens tickets to the superbowl so they won't feel left out. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:18 am 

lol chargers won what a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:51 am 

colts need better o linemen those fat fuckers let manning get killed and couldn't make a hole to run through with a bulldozer.

the play that lost the game was when they were running the clock out in the 4th and the fat f*** let the def guy run right by him and sack manning almost in the fng end zone. all their fat asses needed to do was block and a first down would have won the game. IDIOTS ROFL

they have a strong left side but that loser fat f*** on the right side let them get killed if i was the owner he would be gone. the only ones blocking were the center and ugoh.

chargers were confusing the shit out of them by waiting on the second count to call their defense.

and their defense just had way too many penalties on that last drive how stupid and undisciplined idiots lol.

bolts will get destroyed when they knock heads with a real defense.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 8   [ 116 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next