It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:15 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Fort Hood
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:19 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
I have no idea if anyone here is stationed there or even if we have any American military who play, my heart goes out to them if so. My brother-in-law is stationed there (he is fine). as of right now I believe its at 12 dead and 31 injured shooting took place in the medical section of the base for returning veterans. the shooter is still alive...can someone please tell me (Islam) why on earth you would love a god who bids you do works like this?

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject: Re: Fort Hood
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:28 am 

Why would anyone believe in any fairy tale, myth, absurdity at all? Are we in the medieval period?

"Those who believe in absurdities will commit atrocities."
-Voltaire

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:54 am 

as an atheist I have no idea why people believe what they do. some people just need to be part of something or to believe in something. but given that choice why choose to believe in Allah who bids you kill people? that doesn't sound like a path I want to follow but I would love to hear from someone who does believe as to why they believe that, feel free to PM me if you don't want the ridicule of the shad.

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:50 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
um, actually, im 99% sure people just take the word of the karan out of context and it isnt ment to promote violence, but if so Christianity and other popular religions do the same when taken out of context.... it isnt fair pointing just them out....

but ya, isnt fort hood in GA? i seen it on the news...

im not religious btw... but if you need something that will improve your morals and life in general, shit go for it idc what someone else believes as long as it doesnt effect me.... and if it does like in these examples i wouldnt blame the religion, i would blame the people.

But on the other side of things, If i lived in a war zone and troops came to us destroying shit, i would fight back to regardless of religion, specially to the degree of the American presence in Iraq has changed there lives that dramatically.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:01 am 

I think this event was more of a personal thing. Dude had been picked on just for being Muslim for a long time, he didn't want to be deployed and tried getting out of it, and last but not least was completely nuts. The Koran does have some "violent language" in it, however MANY religions books DO if you read certain contexts.

On a general scale, I believe that we should deal with violent Muslims the same way Genghis Khan did... he always announced that Allah willed the Mongol victory as divine punishment; to resist the Mongols was to defy the will of God. Where is your God now? LMAO! Now this guy at Fort Hood should be "humbled" in the same fashion. People who use any religion as an excuse for violence or think their religion is better than everyone elses make me sick.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:22 pm 

I'm a reasonably intelligent person. I'm not gullible or desperate enough to need religion. Don't trust anyone who only has one book.

Also - suicide bombing, whose bright idea was that. Although ever time there is a bang the world is at least one tw** less!
Quote:
Why would anyone believe in any fairy tale, myth, absurdity at all? Are we in the medieval period?

"Those who believe in absurdities will commit atrocities."
-Voltaire
I like the quote judas, although I think I've also heard it said "as long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities" & "those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" - Either way, I still call bs :)

Anyone know if the lady police officer who got him is ok? Last I heard on the news is that she was kinda in a bad way too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:11 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

i spent many many weeks at fort hood when i was younger and still in the army. last time i was there was in 2000 or maybe '99 i forget.

yes this is a sad sad event indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:59 pm 

why do some of you need to feel the need to bash religion in some way or another mainly lookin at judas and tax.... besides like chips and someone else pointed out the Koran does say somethings about killing the nonbelievers which is quite different that the holy bible that says all of man living or dead will be judged on the last day. bit of a difference, although the Koran also says dont kill people... its kinda strange... and no im not saying i have read it i just know people who have read it and have told me a little bit about the Koran...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:08 pm 

Fort Hood is in Texas haven't heard anything about the lady who shot him unless she was the pregnant one who died....and you do have a good point Jizza about it possibly just being him being crazy and all....just hear about the religious side of things being in a christian military family. again my perspective is a bit warped from what I hear about from overseas...

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 pm 

meh blob I just ment it shouldn't be blamed on religion,, thats all...

and juda's quote is stupid in my opinion,
not the actual quote but how he used it

"absurdities" and "atrocities" have plagued man kind and still do and will continue to in the for foreseeable future, with or without the help of religion. and if you think killing people is an absurdity (dedo) then you should move out of America,it's how we became a world power and you sure as hell shouldn't be married to army personnel :roll: republican at that lol....
to everyone-
it was once absurd to think there was other planets.. yet that absurdities lead to astronomy, infact these absurdities lead to all common sciences, these absurdities have moved science and man kind as a whole forward. Your ancestors once believed in these absurdities and it's likely some hooked up because of them, meaning you wouldn't have been here if they didn't.. so putting them down is an "absurdity" in it's self

just my opinion-
I understand the new 'in' religion is having no religion. But your values came from these religions if you like it or not.
while the leading cause of death in human history is probably religion, it has probably saved as many lives as modern medicine and forwarded human civilization.

edit- had some spelling mistakes in there that mighta made it annoying to read! i fixed the ones I saw, so happy reading!

Last edited by chips LL on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:08 pm 

Chips I have 'known" you since you were 14 and I do not think you have grown up at all. please try and learn something in college about life while you are there.

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:33 pm 

umm,, because I express my opinions?
and dont happen to hold the same values as you?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:44 pm 

actually chips.... the leading cause of death is dying... its a fact check it out :P but id take a gander that religion isnt the leading cause of death. but who knows not like we have been counting since the beginning of time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 am 

Thats the problem with these kinds of topics. Reason I didnt want to voice my opinion was because of
people like you Dedo. Just because one person expresses an opinion not centered around your values,
or your understanding, it obviously doesnt make sense or is wrong.

Continue the discussion. But remember, that you posted this Dedo and how you posted only recieved
opinion about the situation.

Learn to read the opinion and try to understand it, rather than shooting it down like you did with Chips.

College does shit! I really doubt 'college' changes ones opinions over time. It may, but I really doubt that
anyone spending more time in college will make them understand this opinionated issue any better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:10 am 

euro- THANK YOU, :)

dedo dont get me wrong, i still <3 you... i mean i 'knew' u since i was 14!! and i didn't mean any disrespect.. but what euro said holds true, and i know we don't see eye to eye on most issues but can we just be friends!?,,
where is the looooovee .... OH!
i mean.. it's not like ima democrat or anything :( i sware im not :(
Quote:
actually chips.... the leading cause of death is dying... its a fact check it out :P but id take a gander that religion isnt the leading cause of death. but who knows not like we have been counting since the beginning of time.
LOL that honestly holds scientific value? holy shit maybe i was wrong and science really didn't come that far along! :lol:
i should change it to- the leading preemptive cause to death? lol
what is a fact- since recorded history, religion caused more major wars than anything else. thats what i ment and thats what I should have said..
even though what i said has a good chance of being correct if you think about it...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next