Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:14 pm 

100.0 minimum skill - 40
90.0 minimum skill - 50
80.0 minimum skill - 60
70.0 minimum skill - 70
60.0 minimum skill - 80
50.0 minimum skill - 90

But I also believe that placing a maker's mark on an item should be limited to gm in that skill. I like the quality being visible and it should show no matter who makes it, but the name should be reserved for gm.

Nash Fisher - Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:00 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
err but whats the chances of someone not being GM and getting a peace worth anything anyway?

nil right? because GMs complain about not getting GM so lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:24 am 

I know this isnt in the right format....but whatever it was in t3a is what i liked.....i dont think because the shard is getting a rebirth means EVERYTHING should change. I do like alot of the changes so far but not this one at all.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:24 am 

not wanting to stray off topic...

My smith can't make shadow yet. Almost there but not quite.
I have made master level swords. One katana bears his name.
In T3, only master work by a gm would bear the makers mark.

I'm not gm, and I haven't had a gm smith yet so there may be more issues than I am aware of. But, Bob is addressing the biggest issue with smithing in his question on master level quality rates.

Nash Fisher - Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:27 am 
Site Admin

Alright, rates have been adjusted.
also now you can only mark your name or guild is you're >= 99.0 in the used skill.

We'll see hwo this works out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:58 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Tinkering seems to be working pretty good.

I have 46.7 tinkering. On my first attempt, I made 5 bottles out of 14 ingots. With 65 mining, collecting the ores for this took about 10 minutes and I still had some leftover ingots.

BTW, I don't know if I've mentioned this before but great job on this new crafting system, GMbob :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 am 

so im trying to make a suit of shadow platemail, 7 pieces, and im a gm blacksmith. 1/3 pieces is what i've avgd so far, 5 pieces in, so i've made 15 and 5 have been gm. The lowest colored ore is freakin 33%. wtf is that about. that still makes it 1/billion to make a blood/blackrock gm. hypebole but w/e.

another thing. it takes 15 ingots to make a closed helm. first hit says clumsy, i tab in and out of war twice, and it uses 14 freakin ingots, shouldn't it use about a quarter. and if its gonna be so fn hard to make gm quality items, we should be able to smelt the items if we want. iand how the f am i gonna use 42 ingots to make 2 shields. first one went master-adept-adept - expert shield. 2nd went master-clumsy-cancel, and it used 42 fn ingots when it should have been 28 if i had completed it, but i canceled the second one by tabbing in and out of war twice. here's a screenshot.

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad13 ... ources.jpg

and no i didnt go for buckler as that has a 6.0 difficulty and is obv an error and that would be abusing a bug, unless it on purpose, so please let me know if that is the case and i'll never make any shield other than a buckler again.

so overall, i used 371 shadow ingots, and got one suit that was gm.

that seems pretty fn lame to me for the lowest decent armor. that makes me wanna charge 20k for a gm suit of shadow, but is the durability really that much better, how the hell would a player know?!?!?!?!?

basically that was my bitching, here's the problems i ran across.
1. when canceling the craft after the first segment, i used 93.33% of the resources i would use to make the whole thing. only tested that one item and not doing it again as that will just be a big ass waste of resources
2. When cancelling after the second segment, but before the third, i used 200% of resources. metal shield=14 ingots. started with 185, successful make, then 2 segments and cancel, ended with 143 ingots. 185-143=42. 42/3=14. Since the first was successful, i'm assuming that the first attempt only used 14 ingots, but not sure, and i'll leave it for a gm to test as none of my ingots from the first test were ever replaced. not that i expected them to be.
3. why wasnt this tested by gm's before implemented. i know i'm not the only person pissed about this bs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 am 
Site Admin

Just a hint, don't accuse staff of not testing stuff.
And it will use up the % of resources used so far. Not necessarily a straight % of the number of strokes.
For example, say you do 50 work per stroke, and you have an item that takes 110 work.
It will take 3 strokes to complete, but if you abort after the first stroke you will lose 45% of the resources for it.

Just because some code can contain bugs doesn't mean it's not tested, and most of my code goes in without a bug ever being found because of it.

I found what was causing 2x resource usage on abord, and you woulda had to do some special stuff in how you selected your replacement to make it trigger. Took me awhile to track down even with knowing what to look for.

Anyway,
It should use the proper amount on abort due to replacement.
It will now tell you how many resources you will use if you abort.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:22 pm 

i'm sorry i accused staff of not testing. it was rash, i was upset. and i get the % thing, but the next make took 3 strokes, and on the abort after the first stroke it used 14/15 ingots, that doesnt seem right, as i doubt one stroke is gonna account for 90+% of resources, but if thats the way its gonna be, what am i gonna do to change it. provide my input in a calm and rational matter and give points to my argument. okay.

thank you bob for quick response, you really have done a good job on the patching, i just think the percentages are a lil harsh. but thats me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR BITCHES:D:D:D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Alright, well since nothing more has been said i'll consider this done and people are happy with the new master crafting rates.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4