It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 5:24 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Crafting System
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:44 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
I think the whole tabing out before being able to perform something should be changed. Its annoying not having 'two hands available' to be able to do basic things. An issue that keeps arising is the whole macro stone when performing a task that requires me to tab out before clicking on the stone to stop the kick.

Its already happened twice to me, although one time I was AFK, the other 3 times I had to tab out, either loosing 75% to 100% of my material because I couldn't click the stone while in the crafting phase.

Is it possible to take this feature out? I don't like the idea of staff placing the stones and I having to tab out and loose a majority of my material because I can click the stone because I don't have 'two hands available' to do so.

P.S. Before you start posting that I shouldn't be AFK or other insults I already know the rules.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Crafting System
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:47 pm 

Here's an idea...say something from time to time or walk around so staff won't think you're afk. Works for me.

Besides...have you ever tried to sew something irl with only one hand? It's damn near impossible.

Rob - GM bank sitter/self-preservationist[Restless]
Ichigo - GM miner/blacksmith/ider/philanthropist[StoneD]
Cedar - GM Lumberjack/Master Tailor/Master Carpenter [Crafters]:(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:07 pm 

Well at least have the staff ask you a simple question like, oh I don't know, "Are you there?"

Then the person either responds and gets no stone, and if he/she does not respond in a given time limit, say maybe 5 seconds, then he gets the stone and then kicked.

That works for me. Im not all for loosing 50% of my material because I need to tab out to click the stone.

Also I don't honestly feel like moving around to look like im active. A question would do it for me :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:35 pm 

I say tell the staff member you are there and ask them to delete the macro stone since you are crafting, which they should have the power to do. I will do so, but I can't speak for the other staff members. As for not speaking before laying down a macro stone, staff don't always like to reveal who they are when laying down macro stones.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 pm 

That was my other suggestion of just telling the staff member to remove it. Hopefully all staff see this and realize it will become an issue for crafters to tab out and lose a majority of their material because they don't have the hand to click the stone.

Thanks for your opinion Koldoon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 am 

No staff member should be placing a macro stone without attempting to gain verbal acknowledgment from the player first. It just looks lazy.

And certainly no staff member should be attempting to take any disciplinary action against a player whilst invisible and witholding their identity from that player. It's extremely unprofessional. Even Broadband/Jorus/Blinkers/Hydro/Cybervic would always make themselves visible in these cases.

I like to think that any member of the obsidian staff team who is using macro stones would have the courtesy to make themselves known to the player beforehand, anything else just looks rude. Particularly if it does have a negative effect on crafting.

The last three players I've checked to see if their are AFK have all responded to my presence within 10 seconds of me appearing and attempting to talk to them.

It's not like with current player numbers it takes any more than 5 minutes for a staff member to do a full anti-AFK run, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:26 am 

Thanks a lot Thassius, that helps a lot.

EDIT: Can this be changed to allow a person to click the stone even when in the crafting mode?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:19 pm 

It may not be possible to activate the stone in 'crafting mode' without making changes to both the stone and crafting mode. Which may be easy or it may be completely impossible - I guess that's down to Bob.

In the mean time, however, if this is a true problem for players I'm sure we can take the extra 10 seconds to attempt verbal acknowledgement before we drop a macro stone.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]