It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:23 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Player Drive
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:58 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
I am getting a feeling that Obsidian is close to an upswing. With all the work being put in all staff, especially Bob, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. There was and still is a transition going on between two very different styles of programming that has caused some changes in the game as we players would see it. This is unavoidable. Some are great additions such as the many crafting changes and the ones on the way. Add to that, working races are being steadily added and tweaked. Some things could need tweaking still. While scripting can be very tedious and frustrating-I've had my hand in that as some know...but not here ofc-we are seeing steady progress being made and we have reason to have faith that things will be coming together very soon.
The players of this shard are a great mix of good band and ugly...I will let you all sort out where you fall here haha. This is what makes a good shard...different personalities and playing styles. Over time, through this very hard transition, many players have not logged on or have moved on completely. Of course it would be wonderful to see some old faces around. I would only hope that they take things as they are instead of comparing the game to what they knew years ago. The best players that have played on Obsidian were the best for a reason. They were/are dedicated to working things out. They would spend time and practice until they had whatever it was mastered, especially PvP. Those people will be able to master the new system once again. It may be change but sometimes change happens.
Lately we have seen a small rise in gamers on Obsi...including my return. This is good. These players will have the advantage of learning things over before others do. However, that does them no good if they have too few players to hang around with, PK, get Pkd by, or to sell their wares to. This brings us to the task at hand.
WE NEED TO RECRUIT!
I recently played a game where I led a group of alliances. The number of players under my charge, directly or through sister alliances was around 600. I am currently trying my best to get them to jump ship from that game to this one. It was hard to accomplish until these coming days. Until now they were top dogs. They dismantled alliance after alliance, destroying all in their path. The best of the best. And some spent quite a bit of real cash to play it. But now, some grow tired of it...as it is a very time intensive game that requires you to be on hours a day. So it seems they are declaring war on all of the top alliances at once. This should mean the alliance will die.
To sum it up, hopefully I can pull some of them over to here. Even if only 10%, that means 60 players. I am doing my best to see that happen.
I NEED YOUR HELP!
In order to help them along in starting the game and first character, it might be nice to arrange for care packages to be given to them. If anyone has anything they can offer, please let me know. I will be putting together bags filled with items for each player class. I hoping to give enough so that they may be able to get the character to a point where they can fend for themselves. The quicker the better for Obsidian.
If you do not trust me and think I may be trying to get you to give me things..well you should know better lol. I want to see a whole lot more people here. This is a great community and a great game that has stood the test of time.

So, please help out as you can.
If you have ideas for recruiting, please post them here.

Post subject: Re: Player Drive
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:20 am 

Bob is still doing patchwork; I think that when him and BB are happy with everything there will be a 'call to arms' to recruit.

In the past a good few years ago, BB actually had a player competition to recruit the most players to the shard. The winner of that prize was actually... me :) and I chose a suit of 'Heavenly White Platemail' as a prize.

There were numerous other prizes available - housing, gold etc.

I think it would be great if we held a similar competiion - we'd track it on the forums and collate the results.

I'll have to speak to BB and Bob about when/if the shard will be ready for that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:35 am 

lmao! wow.
Some pretty good prizes there. I think you chose well though. Good work on the recruiting.

I honestly think that they more new people playing means the more unbiased testing there can be done. I will still be doing some aggressive recruiting over the coming weeks. Prize or no.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 am 

I am willing to pitch in some things just lete me know what types of things you are missing. i got loads of scrolls for training magery, a gm alchemist, gm miner,and a gm poly for gold if needed.

speaking of GOLD...How much you want for that suit of armor thasius?

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:03 pm 

Pretty much anything you are willing to part with. Mainly stuff to train with. Minimal gold will be given out really...so not alot of that is needed. Bandages, ores/ingots, logs, reagents etc...stuff for training.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:12 pm 

How about a GWAR fundraiser? I'm poor as dirt :twisted:

I am looking forward to the day more players come to the shard, I feel the day is coming... despite Ultima Online being such an ancient game.

I always invite newbs to join GWAR, as it is a neutral guild. They usually quit themselves within a week before I have to kick them out ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:10 pm 

lol maybe!

GWAR has always been a great choice for new players.

Get ingame more though lol. Hunting loot has improved and so has the economy. People are buying and selling like mad.

See you ingame!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:01 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Fo Sho!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:08 am 

Hi Chilly here,
I'm willing to give basic armor to any newbee. Get a hold of me if you want it added to a gift bag.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]