It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:28 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 am 
Site Admin

everyone knows that obsidian is a T2A centric shard, meaning we embrace the past of UO rather than it's current incarnation. (Current combat system aside, i'm workign on it guys, help gather more data and it'll get back to where it should be faster.

But every once in a while you see suggestinos for chivalry, spellweaving, champions/doom/virtues/etc.

So what I want to know is what does T2A mean to you, the players.
I'll add in pretty much anything you all want as long as it's consensus and broadband approves, and from what i've gotten in the past "as long as pvp stays as it was in t2a (except require more skill of players a la poisoning), then we want new stuff".

So what does T2A mean to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:29 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
means having access to some of the t2a dungeons and their respective monsters but its been so long i dont even remember what monsters go where... also it means having a nightmare spawn that is the kick ass mount everyone knows them to be. it makes tamers a viable hunting class and gives everyone a reason to have a tamer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 am 

Quote:
means having access to some of the t2a dungeons and their respective monsters but its been so long i dont even remember what monsters go where... also it means having a nightmare spawn that is the kick ass mount everyone knows them to be. it makes tamers a viable hunting class and gives everyone a reason to have a tamer.
yep...also means Stealing and thieves were cool to have..poisoning weapons on your own...warriors were stronger...houses always drawn me to UO when I first began so maybe we need to add more housing builds.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 pm 

One thing I like on other shards is champion spawns, where in the loot you get power skill scroll things (forgot the name).... You can use the scrolls to get 110, 115 or 120 (depends on the scroll) in a skill (you have to train to it, it sets your cap to that).
It could be made so u had to be a certain age to use them, say 40 or 50? or not?
IDK i hope you all know what I mean lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:55 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

T2A is more then just what is added to the shard. The things that are left out are just as important.

No power scrolls
No ninja stuff
No ridable Beatles and other crazy stuff
No Tremmel
basically if it was introduced to into UOR or later then it really has no place in a t2a shard...

That being said, Obsidian is not even close to a t2a shard. Too many custom things here and too many things removed to be considered t2a. I would even go as far to say that we are closer to a pre t2a shard then anything else....and I like it like that.

I'd like to see things kept simple, and have energy spent towards making the shard extremely functional. The bless deeds were a small step in the wrong direction IMO. Adding things like champ spawns, spell weaving, pack animals, anything from the list above, or anything similar would go entirely the wrong direction.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:20 pm 

Quote:
T2A is more then just what is added to the shard. The things that are left out are just as important.

No power scrolls
No ninja stuff
No ridable Beatles and other crazy stuff
No Tremmel
basically if it was introduced to into UOR or later then it really has no place in a t2a shard...

That being said, Obsidian is not even close to a t2a shard. Too many custom things here and too many things removed to be considered t2a. I would even go as far to say that we are closer to a pre t2a shard then anything else....and I like it like that.

I'd like to see things kept simple, and have energy spent towards making the shard extremely functional. The bless deeds were a small step in the wrong direction IMO. Adding things like champ spawns, spell weaving, pack animals, anything from the list above, or anything similar would go entirely the wrong direction.
I completely agree.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:21 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
the ability to throw poison pots that fizzled mages.........

edit-

heres a post by naturewarrior back in april 22, 2005... id say this is proof that poison pots did fizzle mages.... which i know hasnt been argued in a long time.. but still! i know i wasnt crazy lol i never researched the topic till now tho
Quote:
Quote:
Thassius wrote:
If you were actually any good in pvp you would not need to fight in a group or use poison pots as a mage.

See there fag0t Ashes. You would have never beat me if it wasnt for the poison potion that made my Greater heal fizzle. You use poison pots more the cast itself to fight and the difference is I don't.
anther one-

Forum: Obsidian Discussion Topic: CherryLiquid and ALadin's reply
Emo
[ Jump to post ]
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:09 pm

Replies: 20
Views: 1137
. As for me using poison pots, the only reason i used a poison pot, is cause you were n00b enough to use gheal spell to try and counter my FS, not to mention you were f***** slow on casting it so i had enough time to hit in the middle of your spell, fizzle you, and drop you with another fs.

anther one-

Forum: Obsidian News Topic: Gonna try to work on a patch

[ Jump to post ]
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:15 pm

Replies: 59
Views: 7365

im too lazy to read alll that junk but houw about u focus on poison its stupid and gay no healing while poisned and it shouldnt make mages fizzle

anther one-

Forum: Obsidian Discussion Topic: Buccaneer's Den
Jackal
[ Jump to post ]
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:25 pm

Replies: 67
Views: 5804

... the pvp in obs has gone down considerably. Now all mages do is throw poison pots, and all warriors do is throw poison pots to make mages fizzle. Its really lame and has taken alot of the beauty of old pvp where timing was everything. ...

( I dont agree with jackal,,) but its proof that mages spells were fizzled by poison potions.. its said clearly! theres alot more post like that but i thought this would be enough examples to prove my point

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:17 pm 

poison pots are for poisoning weapons not for the way they are used here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

Technically we're a UO: Renaissance shard, but most people here are more familiar with the T2A era than beign able to remember the Renaissance era, so i've gotten into the habit of using T2A when i mean UO:R.

As for the poison pots... notice the contents of those post chips.

You have 3 issues with poisoning in general.
1. Put it on weapons -> It ends up completely random in the fight and isn't really the "skill" of either player. However it requiers no micromanagement
2. Put it on pots for instant fizzle -> IT completely negates mages ability to cast any higher level spells vs a decently speeded warrior (or one cheating to use assist programs).
3. Put it on partial fizzle (what it's on now, 50% chance upon poison damage)-> At least a good warrior can't completely negate a mage casting ability now

So yeah... it's one of those i'm screwed no matter which one i pick, at least this way it takes skill on both people's sides?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 am 
The way poisoning was before was fine just it was too strong.

Mage vs Warrior - poison spell and pots fine for mage but if gm it was strong. For the warrior they wud use the pots to fizzle spells such as fs mainly but also to keep the mage from using spells by making them cure and heal. The mage had to consentrate on cureing to heal and it made fights fast and fun.

Mage vs Mage - spell casted and other mage wud instantly cure because u had to cure before healing on a mage (unless u use bandages) This was the best part of pvp (good mages) because it was a fast match with each person trying different spell combos to get the person low. it was skill and fun. Bears etc were over powered but think you sorted animals in fights. But saying that aslong as its not like loads of bears theres loads of ways to get rid of a bear (poison pots to kill it explosion pots etc)

Warrior vs Warrior - Bit boring to pvp but thats because warriors have redic healing, but poison wise its fine just annoying when someone moves and it doesnt hit them when u throw a pot

Mage vs Tank and Tank vs Tank- same as above really just a mix off both

Heres my views on poisioning anyway

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:08 am 

prob with the pots is it gives the mages yet another way to poison a warrior. seems would be easier on the warrior to have a poisoned wep with a high rate and would cut the mages rate in half at least make him have to cast the spell repeatedly if he wants to spam it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:59 am 
but like u said warriors can use poison weps and can use pots faster than mages as mages have low dex.
Pluz mages use like 8 ns per poison we use

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:40 am 

it means you log out in your home...it means you can stand alone with a warrior n own most high end monsters with no problem because you were 5x gm(5x gm actually means something)....it means more people played so the social aspect was there..it means runebooks..it means way more lands need to be introduced in obsidian....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:18 am 

Yes Chips poison pots used to fizz mages 100%. I personally liked that system as it was very tactical. With the delays involved (before it was linked to dex) so you had to be very careful as to which spell you chose to fizz.

In my mind I'd say make it 100%, but remove the link between dex and delay so dexxer warriors can't spam them.

In the same balance movement you should disable them entirely for mages because mages have already just had a 20% casting delay improvement so they can cast the spell more frequently.

...anyway, this is completely off topic. Personally I like the shard how it is in most respects. Thinks I'd like to see introduced:

More rides (nothing that looks ridiculous)
More areas accessible to players with new, exciting dungeons. In particular more new player dungeons and more high-end content.
Bards
A few of the cool looking newer weapons and monsters

Will have to have a sit down and think of more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:50 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
well,,, um, actually its pretty cool now .. i just wanted to prove a point LOl! cuz people argued hard that it wasnt like that.... and others argued it was... but um.... ya that what t2a ment to me.... im all for change tho....
50% works for me lol i didnt really test it alot so i cant say it doesnt work or w,e... lol,, i did <3 the old system tho.. and i think with carefull timer modifications the old system coulda been made to work

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next