It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:19 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: the obsidian economy.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:58 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
I've recently gotten back into obsidian, I had stopped playing back in 2007. over the years the shard has changed significantly and for the better I must add.

One big thing is the economy, str fish no longer go for 10k, and it seems blacksmiths have a greater purpose than making armour out of the ingots.

if some people could post there opinion on the average going rate of the following items that would be very helpful. thanks!

-str, dex, int fish
- common, uncommon, and rare fff (id say wrestling is rare, and swordsmanship is uncommon)
-different alloys of armor (shadow used to be 5-8k for example)
-special pots like neg int,dex,str and shrink pots. as well as poison.

feel free to post anything else that is a major trade able item in obsidian that has changed since the economy's decline.

Krieg- Pure Mage
Morbid- Black Knight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:05 pm 

Str go for 7-8k
Dex for 1..5-2k
int 1k-2k

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:19 pm 

i remember when valorites used to go for 80k or 90k lol rather keep the set to myself n gain the money from other means.. yea but most armors sell below 30k now...if you really wanted to know not much economy there .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:25 pm 

I do not sell fff as it is a waste of time. I may take the time for a select few people to help them out...but fff do not fetch enough for me to bother otherwise. Str fish I will not sell for under 8k. Dex 1500 and Int 1000. Under 1000 for int and it is a waste of my time even to fetch them....unless it is for mass quantities. I have never sold my armor before so I do not know about that...but as with most things, I would probably charge more than most people. I suck that way lol.
As for the economy, all in all it is better. There is less...not none yet...cheating. Certain bugs are gone that destroyed the old economy. However, it was not that people abused and thus had alot of money that caused things like str fish to cost so much. They cost so much because of their value. Stat fish are extremely important-at least until recent changes have made stat fish nearly obsolete-and they should be paid for appropriately. If people cannot find anyone to sell for 7k then they will pay 8k. If not 8k, 9k and so on. Or they will make their own fisher...and then after GMing the skill never want to touch that char again :S
Also, stat fish are cheaper now because there still are not enough new accounts building characters. This makes it a buyers market in that there are not many buyers and lots of sellers. Once a recruitment drive happens, I would venture to say that stat fish prices will nearly double.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 pm 

sweet, i figured as much fer all the econ fall.

ima just stash my fff, and stock madly on stat fish, and maybe offer em as a guild option when i get my guild going. I will have a gm fish/cook/alchy/bs/miner when i have my guild so hopefully i can get a solid roster going!

Krieg- Pure Mage
Morbid- Black Knight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:51 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I've had a bit of scotch to drink, so bare with me...but
bottom line...(at least for me) the economy sucks because hunting sucks.

I know steps have been taken to improve things, but what "the powers that be" fail to realize is that, no matter what the best intentions are, this shard will always be measured against what it was...and what other shards are. Which means that until the gold drops increase and the vanqs start falling on much more then the top 1% of monsters, no one will EVER, EVER, EVER feel like they got their moneys worth...so we get a shitty economy.

just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:20 pm 

imho gold drops are fine.
Wep drops leave something to be desired.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 pm 

TBH the gold drop aint that bad. i havent faced the hardest monsters, but a blood elemental dropping 600gp, 50 bm, and about 1 every 10 dropping 1 might, and 2 ruin (the might weapon was of heal) aint bad for me. and maybe "the powers that be" want us to really get strong before the new ew patch is released. maybe they want us to have our own fishers, blacksmiths, mages, warriors, etc, and have less pvp in prep for the new patch.

think about it. having 5 pro chars when there are armies to be raised is important. especialy important to make friends so that your army will survive.

just an idea i got, no scotch added. wish i had some though, could go for some grants or glenfidich.

Krieg- Pure Mage
Morbid- Black Knight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:36 am 

gold and weapons drops are f*****

Oriax - Necro
Bundinha - Craftswoman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:34 am 

Quote:
TBH the gold drop aint that bad. i havent faced the hardest monsters, but a blood elemental dropping 600gp, 50 bm, and about 1 every 10 dropping 1 might, and 2 ruin (the might weapon was of heal) aint bad for me. and maybe "the powers that be" want us to really get strong before the new ew patch is released. maybe they want us to have our own fishers, blacksmiths, mages, warriors, etc, and have less pvp in prep for the new patch.

think about it. having 5 pro chars when there are armies to be raised is important. especialy important to make friends so that your army will survive.

just an idea i got, no scotch added. wish i had some though, could go for some grants or glenfidich.
when the hell does a blood ele drop 600 gold? maybe it was a shadow haha because last time i killed one i got about 100 gold.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:45 pm 

bloody ele or blood ele???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:41 pm 

Quote:
bloody ele or blood ele???
HaHa!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:57 pm 

shadow blood elemental dropped 2k!

Krieg- Pure Mage
Morbid- Black Knight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:08 am 

if you get off your arses and look around there are plenty of good spots that drop good gold or good thiings to sell...weps are a little off yet.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:16 am 

the economy isnt very low, but ppl sell stuff with cheap prices thats it

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]