It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:56 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 58 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:32 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

hmm could it be i'm just easy to please? obsidian has been one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life. and know this, there is NO ONE here that is a bigger gamer than i am. In my 31 years, ive played it all from pong commodore 64 to my p4 and xbox. you can ask some of the many pple here that know me personally, i catch every phrase that ten year olds say in the gaming section at eb. i am not easy to please, i am a hardcore gamer in every sense. yet you broadband have managed to thoroughly knock my socks off in mere months. the drow quest is pure genuis. it indeed demands that vets and new players work together. i have found new respect and quite a bit of awe (slug omfg) for every player i have worked with in the quest. i guess it doesnt hurt that i am obviously a huge fan of the drow. (hence, my name) 1-3 hours wahahha i wish the drow quest would last months. imo it is slowly bringing pple together that i have never seen work together on this shard before. even in previous quests. you can start charging ten bucks a month today and ill still be here as long as the shard is up m8 :P as far as obsidian fan sites, my group has been playing around with some stuff and im hoping we will have a nice little obs appreciation url soon we are just old married and tired so we are a bit slow :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:34 am 
Drizzt is right there... I too is a mad gamer, in some other sence though. I used to leach the hell out of suprnova, play a few houre of each game, toss them away then reapeat the next day. I either finished or got bored in one day of each and every game I downloaded. I guess I'd download at least a Gig a day.
Now I still play Obsi, even after the INSANE amount of time I've passed here. So understand that this mean that the game is better then all thoses big company attempt to get our money, that were made by proffecional coders and a marketing team.
Even more so, I've stayed and I did not even whine after the shear ammount of stangs/armors/skill/time/weap/gold lost cause of system change, npc wipe, PK'er or (some rare times) my own stupidity (Hell, I'm blonde after all). But still I'm here, I used the Darwinian process and I adapted (I heard someone say that intelligence is the capacity of adaptation). When regen (of healing, mana and stam) droped, some whined while I was trainng healing and carring stam pots. When secured chest limit was reduces some whined while I sold and trashed my shit.
What I hate to see, and I'm sure the scripting staff think like me on that point, is that each time the staff make a ''good change'' (ie, someting that will make every one happy... like stackeable potions) they get a one line ''We love you'' and when they make ''Bad changes'' (ie, balancing change) then they get pages and pages of whining....
would YOU be happy to script something to restore balance if you knew for a fact that you'll get more kilobytes worth of wining then the actual code change took? I know I would not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:30 am 
omg u cant read??????ive never said bad word about this shard, bb or staff, i only said that pk's and veterans suck(like bb said) so f*** off liqudix, u r child or something?????????LEARN READING then say something about that what i wrote,,,,more ppl like u and we will have to pay for playing on this shard.........LIZUS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:36 am 
This is part of what BB is talking about. Why do ppl post just to insult others? What's the need for it? Shout at your computer, kill some monsters, punch the wall....but don't start flame wars. This thread is BB saying that people should start changing their attidudes, so show a little respect. No-one likes hearing people whine and flame, so don't do it.

Post subject: Donar
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:53 am 
sorrz to all that r pissed cuz of my words, but i hate ppl u r saying that i said something that didnt said, (eg lixuidix). Ok no more words like those before. Sor to all. But i just pissed sometimes cuz im a normal man,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:09 am 
It's understandable that you were pissed off...we all get pissed off from time to time. I'm just asking everyone to think a bit and calm down before they post. Thanks to all.

Post subject: Donar
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:01 am 
hehe, ok sorz man, my fault, u have my permission to kick my ass in game :D and one more thing: i will never say any bad word about this shard, bb, staff, cuz ive played on others shards, and they suck, so...this is the best shard i have ever played( i have to say that: polish shards are the worst :( )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:17 am 
NOOOO!!! DON'T DO IT BB!!!! :shock:
I don't know what I'd do without Obs!

Running anything computer related is a big pain in the ass.
Actually a lot of things are. And the worst thing to get is "STFU.. Its not good enough!" It sucks to do so much work and not get any appreciation for it. At least thats what it feels like when a few pricks open their traps.
1 prick can nullify 99 attaboys. :(

I've been there. Just stick with it BB!
I enjoy the hell out of Obs, and plan to spend more time on it, and with my own site once I get this dang move across the country taken care of.
My own site is a paintball/computer site, but I have plans to add an Obs section on there. :)

Hang in there BB!
Don't let the pricks get to you.
There are a lot more of us that apreciate your work than those who don't care.
:)

THANK YOU BB!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:37 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
yyyy.... what mean ''STFU''?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:33 am 
Well I'm not gonna post a reply begging for BB's forgiveness or plead him for mercy to keep the Shard up especially considering he's having no fun. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a newbie but this is THE most addictive game I ever played and would never want the shard to go down, and besides, some of the characters in it are fantastic... whether you like them or hate them that's why we love 'em.
Anyway, instead I'm gonna try and and make things better for Obsidian and BB and try and show appreciation. I'm not by any means a web diesigner so instead I'm gonna try and help out with other fan site's, well Listy's for now (thanks for letting me) and I'm gonna try and donate $10 a month to ease that money cost, if not by much.
Anyway if we want Obsidian to stay we need to pull together and show BB we appreciate him, not by a replying to this saying "but we do, etc, etc", he knows that you who reply do. But for more people to donate getting these sites up y'all are talking about, helping other sites if you can't make them, even praising patches or fixes more instead of whining here about a time warp which saved our asses... and nearly everybody lost something in some way so we don't need to hear about it anyway.
Anyway that's me finished ranting so :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:39 pm 
Broadband, I just wanted to say that what I wanted to say to you didn't have it's place in a public forum ,so I've PMed you, awaiting your reply ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:50 pm 
Aaaaargh!!!! Ive been playing Obsidian for a good 3 months now, and Im normally a fairly peaceful kind of guy. I help players out, give newbs stuff, and make people free armor; that kind of stuff. But Broadband, your post offended me. :( We arent all macro miners and lazy people who stand around and bitch. Id hate to be rude or for you to take this the wrong way but I have a strong urge to choke the life from your bloated ego. You arent a god, and i would appreciate it if you took out your anger on the people who actually DO these things instead of the general poulation of the shard, who tend to be very well behaved. Oh and about that quest. This is the first I have heard of it. Perhaps I dont play this game enough to know these things, but no sane person is going to drop what they are doing just to go galavanting on some quest most newbs arent even aware of. Please take my humble requests into consideration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:11 pm 
About 3 years ago a small groups of me and my friends decided to start our own shard, so I know the unpleasantres of being "on the other side" but for something as big as Obs it is mindblowing, and for no profit, truely amazing.

With all walks of life coming into Obs daily, especially from Suprnova you have tons of people of who have probably never played a massive online game before, so the amount of 'stupid' questions is going to be high, however annoying they maybe. I know I have asked some myself, being that it has been so long since I last played, but the staff has always been courtious to me, Jorus even went as far to make me some Nightsight potions when I have having some issues with it always being dark.

I just wanted to thank the staff for all the help they've given me, and all the work they do for everyone. And BB definately go and try to enjoy your break, I'm just sorry it had to be taken for such bullshit reasons.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 58 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4